Can A Mod Close This Thread, I Am Starting A New Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Next game coming up at around 8pm tonight... Thanks for the comments guys!

covlad-99

International Cricketer
THORNTON & BEST FEATURE FOR IRELAND

Coventry duo featured for Rep of Ireland last night. Kevin Thornton put in a solid performance, but Best was below par and was subbed at Half Time, in a 1-0 win over Cyprus's U21 side. Wolves midfielder Andy Keogh scored the only goal of the game in just 28 seconds.

MIFSUD SCORES FOR MALTA

Coventry in form striker Michael Mifsud got yet another goal for Malta yesterday. He scored a consolation goal in a 4-1 drubbing away at Hungary. Mifsud said his international games were just experience, as he knew they weren't good enough to play in the big competitions.

DAVIS RETURNS FROM WREXHAM

Coventry winger Liam davis has returned from a 3 month loan spell at Wrexham. Davis played well at Wrexham scoring 4 goals. He was going to extend the loan spell, but fell victim of a groin strain. he is set to be out for about 2 weeks.

23/10/07

Today we were away at Bristol City. Bristol were currently 11th in the League and coming off the back of a 3-3 draw with Ipswich. We were very confident of 3 points, and thought that a win was defintaely what we expected. The fans were excited after an amazing away win at promotion favourites Charlton.
Injuries now. Isaac Osbourne had recovered from his illness, so he played. And also, Michael Doyle was still suspended for one further game, Davis was back, but had a groin strain so he was unavailable..

Now to the team news. As Isaac Osbourne was back, he replaced Stephen Hughes. Also, Davis was back, but was injured. Matty Pattison played on the right, andAndrews on the left, as I felt he could cut inside very effectively and whip a few inswingers in. Same with Pattison. And also, Phillips came in after playing very well against Charlotn, and partners Mifsud up top. And Ben Turner was on the bench, and S.Hughes drops out the side.

Here was the starting XI:

--------------------------Marshall
D.Simpson---de Zeeuw---Ward---Borrowdale
Pattison------Tabb---------Osbourne----Andrews
--------------------Mifsud-------Phillips

Subs (5): Adebola, Thornton, Turner, Best, Gray.

I arrived at Ashton Gate, and I was buzzing along with the other lads, after a fantastic win, and we were very chatty and talkative all the way there. Everyone was in a good mood, and I hoped this would show on the pitch. We got into the dressing room, had a chat and off we went.

6 GAME FORM GUIDE:
Bristol: W D W W L D
Coventry: W W L W D W

A very good start, we were keeping the ball like the Arsenal! And we went close on 30 seconds, Mifsud winding up and shooting from the edge, but it was nicely tipped out for a corner. A poor corner, but we went on. On 17 mins, we should've scored, Phillips hitting the bar, Mifsud's rebound hitting the ppost and Jay Tabb was dispossesed.OOOOHH! On 19 mins, Bristol got a goal very against the run of play. the linesman was watching a different game, trundle was MILES!!!!! Offside. Poor decision. 1-0. Very jubious. On 24 mins, we missed another great chance, a Mifsud shot saved from point blank range. GRRRHHH!! And that was the last noteable action. Half time and we felt very hard done by. I couldn't believe we were losing! No changes at HT straight in.
On 46 mins, yet another chance to level it up, Jay Tabb's shot well saved. We couldn't get the ball in yet again. On 51 mins, I made 2 changes. Phillips off for Adebola, Andrews off for Gray. On 57 mins, we finally levelled things up, a great ball from Pattison and an amazing finish from Jay Tabb, he deserved a goal, and what a goal to get. 1-1. I shouted at the players to carry on as they were. On 60 mins, the subs I made had definately paid off. Adebola winning a free kcik on the edge, and gray put a fantastic flat strike straight into the top corner! 2 goals in 10 mins since the subs! Inspirational!!!! 2-1! On 72 mins, everything was going our way. Enoch Showunmi sent off for an elbow on Gray. The subs having a detromental impact on the game. On 79 mins, I brought Turner on for de Zeeuw. On 84 mins, we nearly had 3. Adebola volleying superbly, but it was well saved by Weale. corner. A minute later, Carey was CARless when he miscontrolled the ball, Mifsud's pace was too strong to get the ball back for Bristol, Mifsud shot and it hit the post. Unlucky. 4 minutes of added time were signalled they came and went without any scares, and we had got the win we deserved. Another great away win.

Bristol City 1 - 2 Coventry
Tabb, Gray

Marshall-7
D.Simpson-7
Borrowdale-7
Ward-7
de Zeeuw-7
Pattison-7
Osbourne-7
Tabb-8
Andrews-7
Phillips-7
Mifsud-7
--------------
Best-unused sub
Adebola-7
Gray-8
Thornton-unused sub
Turner-6

Man of the Match was Julian Gray

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
A great away win for you there Craig, Gray played great for his 39 minutes and Tabb also impressed. Fantastic win to ocme back from 1-0 down at the interval.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Meh, how much did you pay the ref for this win then? :mad Enoch's huge, he wouldn't be able to elbow anybody he's too high up!

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Lol. I am glad he got sent off, he always scores against Coventry in real life :p Next update coming up later ;)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yep, he did when I went to see them at Ashton Gate in January. I rated him quite a bit but now we've loaned him off to Shef Wed and got a like for like repalcement in Dele Adebola (from Coventry). Ahh well Dele seems to be just as good as Enoch.

Anyway back on topic :p Who you got next?

Maybe after each monthly update you could post the fixtures for next month?

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Good Idea. Dunno who I have got next, but we'll see. As for Dele, he doesn't score that many goals, but tries his best. His best goal was against Blackburn in the FA Cup this year, I am sure you've seen it. I have to say, I wasn't sad to see him leave, and we got £250K for him which was a great deal for us, so good luck to him! As you said, back on topic. yes I will post teh fixtures every month on my update. Cheers for that treva. Update up in the next hour and a half.

Damn. Slight problem guys. I have downloaded the uupdate, and the game has gone funny, but this can be easily sorted out, but I may not have the time to update today as I am off out in an hour. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
is it where you need to press the buttons twice and the drop downs don't stay there? if so i have that as well and its damn annoying, how do i stop it?

covlad-99

International Cricketer
I did have a look at Fox and Dann earlier in the game (I have a article about it), but decided against it as like you said! They're shocking! I haven't got the update anymore as it didn't work with the game but I'm not bothered. By the way Madman, I have doen 8 seasons of PES2008, and got bored so I'm going back to PES6, do you know an up to date Championship patch?

27/10/07

Today we were at home to Scunthorpe. Scinthorpe were currently 13th in the League and not playing very well at all. But we knew that they had othing to lose, but we were confident of another win. Also our loanee Robbie Simpson is on loan at Scunthorpe and is their 3rd top scorer, and he definately poses a threat. hopefully he won't try! ;)

Injuries now. The only casualty was Liam Davis, who is still out, but that was it. Michael Doyle was back after suspension.

Now to the team news. After 2 magnifiscent reserve performances, scoring 4 goals in 2 games, Donovan Simmonds makes his comeback on the bench, whilst Adebola drops out the side, also Andrews dropped out as he was replaced by Micky Doyle who was back today. And after a great performance against Bristol City, Gray started.

Pattison-----------Doyle-----Tabb--------Gray

Subs (5): Best, Turner, Simmonds, Osbourne, Thornton.

I arrived at the Ricoh again, and I was thoroughly looking forward to the game. We were off the back of two great away wins at Bristol and Charlton and I was on top of the world. Hopefully we could win again, but our Home form was a bit poorer than our away so it wasn't a dead cert by any stretch of teh imagination. the players arrived and off we went.

6 GAME FORM GUIDE:
Coventry: L W D L W W
Scunthorpe: L W D D W L

A decent start, Mifsud having an early opportunity, but it was snatched from his feet, unlucky, but we were happy that we had started well for once. On 9 mins, sme great work from Gray down the left, and he put a superb ball in which was met by Phillips, but the keeper saved and the rebound was hacked clear. On 18 mins, we got a goal. Gray again with some great work on the left, linking up with Borrowdale, who passed to Doyle who did a delightful first touch through ball to Jay Tabb, who had all the time in th eworld to set Mifsud up, who made no mistake. Great goal. 1-0. On 41 mins, Scunthorpe had a chance, a corner inswinging and Butler was there to head home. He took advantage of some complacent marking. The least you would expect from 37 year old De Zeeuw. Shocker. 1-1. Half time, and I couldn't believe we weren't ahead. Anyway, at half time, I brought an in form Simmonds on to replace Phillips.
An uneventful start, the first real chance fell to Michael Doyle's head from a Matty Pattison corner, we all thought it was in, but it was blocked off the line. Gutted. Still 1-1. The next chance came on 67 mins, Mifsud shooting from 30 yards, and it came off the top of the bar. Then I made my final changes. Osbourne on for Doyle and Best on for Tabb. And that was it. HOW THE HELL DID WE NOT F**KING WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coventry 1 - 1 Scunthorpe
Mifsud

Marshall-6
D.Simpson-7
Borrowdale-7
Ward-7
de Zeeuw-7
Gray-7
Tabb-7
M.Doyle-7
Pattison-6
Phillips-6
Mifsud-7
--------------
Simmonds-7
Osbourne-7
Best-6
Thornton-unused sub
Turner-unused sub

Man of the Match was Andy Butler

covlad-99

International Cricketer
To be fair to Scunthorpe, they did play above themselves, I was disappointed that Simpson wasn't too good, but at least he didn't score :) Anyway, a point is a point and I'm happy at that, and we are still in a VERY good position, much higher than I expected.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
31/10/07

Today, Halloween, we were at home to Southampton. Southampton were currently 2nd in the League and coming off the back of 3 straight wins against Ipswich, Charlton and Burnley and were unbeaten in 12. This was bound to be a very difficult game to get anything from, but we were unbeaten in 3 and only 2 places behind them so we fancied our chances too and we needed to do it for our home supporters.

Injuries now. Liam Davis was still the only casualty of the squad, so we had nearly a full squad to choose from.

Now to the team news. The starting XI was the same as the side that drew to Scunthorpe, as I felt they played really well, but just couldn't get that winner. I hoped that that wasn't to be. The only change to the full squad, was that Cairo came into the bench in place of Turner, high risk as I used 3 strikers on the bench. But I felt it was necessary.

Pattison---------Tabb-----------Doyle-------Gray

Subs (5): Simmonds, Thornton, Osbourne, Best, Cairo.

For this midweek fixture on Halloween I was delighted to see many Coventry fans with fantastic costumes on with their replica shirt on the outside, everyone looked great and I obviously hoped for a win. But admittedly I would settle for a draw. But off we went and had a kickabout before the game, and soon, the game was underway.

6 GAME FORM GUIDE:
Coventry: W D L W W D
Southampton: W D D W W W

A good start, Mifsud turning Powell, and passing to Phillips and he unleashed a firece shot which went an inch over. Well played. On 7 mins, Southampton got breakthrough, Saganowski finding himself in acres as the back four were caught napping or having a tea party or whatever, and MArek finished with ease. 1-0. Awful. On 11 mins, Mifsud did a great bit of work, getting the ball to Phillips with a couple of stepovers and a backheel, and Phillips finished instinctively against his old club. Thats better. 1-1. On 17 mins, we nearly took the lead, Jay Tabb shooting from 23 yards, but his effort hit the bar and was cleared. Unlucky. From the clearance, Saints took the lead again, Saganowski again taking advantage of some Sunday league defending. Rubbish. 2-1. Saints should have gone 3-1 up, Andy Marshall with an unbelievable double save to keep us just about in the game. Half time, and we had been run ragged. At half time, I brought Cairo on for Pattison. On 58 mins, we were doing superbly well, Cairo playing well down the right, and he put an amazing ball into Tabb which decieved everyone on the pitch but Tabb himself, Tabb had about a year to take the ball around the keeper and make it 2-2. WAHOOOOO!!! On 69 mins, Saganowski nearly got his hat trick, a greta move with Euell, and his shot was again somehow saved by Marshall. On 70 mins, danny Simpson put the best cross I have ever seen into the area, it was met well by Julian Gray, but his header skimmed the bar. Damn. Then i made my final changes. Simmonds on for Phillips and Osbourne on for Doyle. On 72 mins, we very nearly took the lead, a Cairo shot coming to Mifsud, bit his shot was brilliantly tipped round the post. On 88 mins, THE WHOLE GROUND ERUPTED!!!!! Cairo put another DELICIOUS ball into teh box, and it was so good, that it fell on to the head of the 5ft5inches tall striker Michael Mifsud who had to score... AND HE DID!!!!! 3-2!!!! 3 min utes of added time was signalled and the referee seemed to ignore this and played an extra 5 minutes, but it was no use for the Saints, as we had beaten them. This was the first time they had been beaten in 12 games, and we were now unbeaten in 4. Great result. 3-2.

Coventry 3 - 2 Southampton
Phillips, Tabb, Mifsud

Marshall-8
D.Simpson-7
Borrowdale-7
Ward-7
de Zeeuw-7
Gray-7
Tabb-8
M.Doyle-7
Pattison-7
Phillips-7