Can Big Ant use real player names for commentary?

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
This is a question which I had.Only few names of real players are available and names of even Kohli and Dhoni are not available.BA can get sued for using real faces etc without license but can they be sued for using real names.And if they cannot why don't they use this for a better experience for gamers.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I've thought a similar thing. Family names are surely not copyright. I've thought maybe they steer away from one or two as a way of showing that they're not breaching anything, but only Big Ant know.

khan31

International Coach
I've thought a similar thing. Family names are surely not copyright. I've thought maybe they steer away from one or two as a way of showing that they're not breaching anything, but only Big Ant know.

I think that's probably it. They already provide us with various options to make players, kits etc but they can't be responsible for what we create. If they start providing us with every real players name pre-recorded, the waters become a bit more murky.

D

Deleted member 185125

Kohli was available in DBC17 but vanished since Ashes .

Gentoras

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
He can just be added as Cowley, pronounced as such

Downy, etc.

Or give us the community an option to edit and maybe not shared on the academy,,,,,that way, it cannot be linked to them

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
He can just be added as Cowley, pronounced as such

Downy, etc.

Or give us the community an option to edit and maybe not shared on the academy,,,,,that way, it cannot be linked to them
Correct.Actually Asad Shafiq(Pakistani test cricketer)'s name in the commentary is shafeeq.But is pronounced the same way.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
This is a question which I had.Only few names of real players are available and names of even Kohli and Dhoni are not available.BA can get sued for using real faces etc without license but can they be sued for using real names.And if they cannot why don't they use this for a better experience for gamers.
Just an info.. Dhoni's name is available in commentary. I think its with name "Doni"

bazza

School Cricketer
Flintoff - Try Freddie
Dhoni"i - Doni
chandmal -chandmal
kallis - cullis
Duminy - Lumeeny
Narine - Nadeen
Dravid - Davids

Yes We Need More Names Please Big Ant. You Did it well in DB 14

Last edited:

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Flintoff - Try Freddie
Dhoni"i - Doni
chandmal -chandmal
kallis - cullis
Duminy - Lumeeny
Narine - Nadeen
Dravid - Davids

Yes We Need More Names Please Big Ant. You Did it well in DB 14

Agreed

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Real cricket 19 must be breaking every rule then. Copy and paste form the tv. Games garbage anyway moblie

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Real cricket 19 must be breaking every rule then. Copy and paste form the tv. Games garbage anyway moblie
I think Big Ant can use them but dont due to lack of intereset by them or lack of enough resources to get so many names.

Users who are viewing this thread