can't get the ball to turn

mickj

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi - i recently bought cricket 2004 after years of playing and really enjoying cricket2000,
but now i'm convinced that there's something wrong with this program [2004].

no matter what i do either in the practice nets or on the field, i can't get any spin or turn on the ball when i'm bowling. in cricket2000 you can clearly see the ball turn.

could someone help me fix this please? i would be really grateful as i think that the general gameplay of this version is great except for this one hassle.

mick
south africa

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
You have to use the arrow to make it spin, do you use this? i haven't played 04 for ages and have never played 2000 so i dont know if you have to spin the arrow.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
When the ball is about to be delivered, use the left or right direction keys depending on spin bowler.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, you need to move the spot around on the ball before delivery. Dont bowl at full pace either it moves more if you are bowling a bit slower.

Also get Sams exe from the Download centre, the ball moves around more if you use that. It also fixes pretty much every other problem in the game.

mickj

School Cricketer
thanks everybody for the prompt reply, but i've tried all the ball moving and slower bowling. i'll try sam's exe and see then get back to you.
mick

mickj

School Cricketer
still trying

hi - well i've tried all of things you suggested and downloaded sam's exe and ran it, but can still see no difference in the bowling so i'm going back to cricket2000 until i can afford to get 2007. by the way can you network [lan] any of the cricket programs yet?

mick

D

Deleted member 11215

you can on brian lara crickey 2007 which is coming out.

siddharth2002

mickj said:
hi - well i've tried all of things you suggested and downloaded sam's exe and ran it, but can still see no difference in the bowling so i'm going back to cricket2000 until i can afford to get 2007. by the way can you network [lan] any of the cricket programs yet?

mick
There is difference between Circ 2000 and 2004's gameplay and shot making. Try again, with a bit of practice, you will be surprised.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Cricket 2000 is great. I wish I had it again. Maybe I can borrow it again over the holidays...

But the key in 04 was to bowl slow and just short of a length. It spins a bit. I found legbreaks don't turn as much as offbreaks or googlies. Use an AI patch, and you will soon see a decent amount of turn. I reccomend Boss's AI patches, they were brilliant. Oh, and my pacing patches too, made for some very realistic ODIs...
I don't play 04 now either sadly, it was too slow and one game took too much time. Waiting for BLIC...

siddharth2002

For me 2004 is still the best game ever made unless TAOC can prove it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread