Career Game - Is It Possible To Opt Out of Foreign League?

scampy

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
In the career game is it possible to opt out of playing in the secondary league(s)?

I am in second year of a promising career as an English batsman and have made my debut for the test side.

However my second season in the Australian leagues is really dragging. I want the Aus season to end asap so I can get on with some Test and English summer cricket.

Am I right to think that next season I will also have to play through a third season in Aus cricket???

If so it would be nice to have the option to say "thanks but no thanks" when the foreign offers come in.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Forfeit the matches once they've started.

*edit* Which, yes, will take a little while - but it's the best we've got at this point :)

scampy

Club Captain
Thanks I'll do that. Better than risking my average by not concentrating properly!

D

Dutch

Would be good in a future version to have much more personal customisation in career mode: I would love to not have to play IPL or any Twenty20 to be honest .....

scampy

Club Captain
Agree, although I quite enoy the IPL as I just tee off from ball one and average about 20.

It would add more sense of realism if you could sign up abroad for the odd winter, whilst focusing on your home and international cricket for the remainder. After all we haven't seen Cook & Bell turning out in Australian League cricket over the last decade; nor have Clark, Watson etc been regulars in county cricket. Indeed the national boards have actively discouraged players from doing so in a number of years.

D

Dutch

Yeah I really hope that career mode will get a lot more depth in the future: changing line ups, injuries, getting dropped. Would love to start off as a real youth player in some obscure league and go through the ranks before even being considered for county cricket

Gabe

Club Cricketer
Following-on with that train of thought (and something I have said before), but I'd like the option of continuing my International career only (if I ever get good enough to have one!) beyond age 36.

wildclaws

School Cricketer
Yeah I really hope that career mode will get a lot more depth in the future: changing line ups, injuries, getting dropped. Would love to start off as a real youth player in some obscure league and go through the ranks before even being considered for county cricket
That would be fun (admittedly unlikely) - the 'Sensible World of Soccer' for cricket. Maybe you start at 11 and have to go through your school team first. And I'd like to do a WG and play until I'm in my 60's too :D

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Perhaps implement a 2K type system where you can skip through all but the most important matches? The way 2K determined that was by having you play against rival teams and rival players at your position. Though that might not work exactly the same with cricket, you could still classify a match as important based on if it hugely impacts your team's standing in the table (a must win match for 1st place) or a final. Or even if you're going up against a highly rated player. So if I'm a bowler, it'd be important to prove myself against the team with a Clarke, or Cook, or Bell, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread