CGPv7 + IRCSU(v2) Released!!!, Download Now And Enjoy...

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey good job people but can anyone do anything about stumpings cause i u play the advance shot keepr takes a lot of time to stump i f do make the adjustment make it for both cpu and us

robertporter

Club Cricketer
so the patch for smaller bowler cursor will be today could u also fix the cpu bowling so many yorkers or full pitch balls please please

charithnirmal

School Cricketer
Man this is a riper... greate work bro...CPU ball more off stump more singles than before just as in real life.
i'm talking about ODI 50 Ovrs.

today i'm going to ball and let u know the results...

Cricket_60

International Coach
boss said:
I personally feel there is heaps of edges in Test Matches (particularly early on for the batsman) which looks very unrealistic. So i rel here the "Test Match Excessive Edge Problem Fix Patch". Anyhow if u like the way the patch plays now, u can go with it. Anyhow for who regularly finding lot of edges in Test Matches u definitely need it.

I'm not getting any edges in test matches? Maybe I might get a few more the with the smaller bowling cursor.

ash4640

School Cricketer
Dude u have done a great job now batting in a test match is very realistic....The edges patch shld be good anywayz try to make the front defense as it was before cuase i dont was player to get out while playing a defense shot.

Damolee

School Cricketer
It's a very good patch, but my only quarms were the bowling cursor that you've addressed already, and the forward defensive shot needs looking at.

Playing a forward defensive shot towards off stump if the ball is pitched to leg or just wide of leg aint right. Having to play a leg glance in this situation just increases the risk of an LBW or being caught, its almost as if they manage to bowl it into that area your going to be out everytime.

Apart from that I haven't found any other gripes yet, the ball seems to do alot more than what i've seen in other patches, i.e the physics from playing the spin or swing.

Great effort, just that front defensive shot issue, that gets sorted then this will be my new number 1 patch.

Cheers,

- D -

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Hey boss,
please add played on & hit wickets also add more range of shots to play bcause in ur ptch drives to midoff & midon look same.Anyway the best
patch out there. :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise

Last edited:

Damolee

School Cricketer
Nah sorry Boss, the fact that the shot selection on medium difficulty when playing a forward defensive stroke is so messed up, its made it completely unplayable for me, it's not even competetive....if the ball is pitched to middle stump and I can't move the batsmen at that point (on medium difficulty) then how the hell are you suppose to play the shot if the forward defence shot is messed up? .....simply can't, not meaning to sound to critical but that deems the entire patch to be utter pants.

If that one silly little thing were fixed, it would be number 1.

boss

Club Cricketer
CGPv2 Re-Release!,Download Now!!!

Hi All!,

Thank u for u'r exceptional support and timely replies abt the patch. Surprise gift for u!, For u'r convenience i re-made the entire configs with few changes (like bowling with small cursor, edge fix..), but all the other features in CGPv2 remains same.

Download Cool Game Play Patch Version:2 Re-Release For EAC"2005 (Simply CGPv2RR) from the Attachment Now!!! (Size: 288 kb)

Changes:

1. Now Total of 6 configs provided for different formats of the game. (When we Bat (for varied line and length from the CPU bowler - 3 cons, When we Bowl (Small bowling cursor for good control) - 3 cons). (Tip: Anyhow i suggest to play with the big cursor for who considers the bowling a bit boring.)

2. Excessive Edge probs in Test Matches Fixed. (Tip: Anyhow don't go for the strokes outside off stump early on in the innings. It still give the bowler a chance.)

3. Forward Defensive Shot Corrected a bit. Still not sure in green top pitches.

Damolee said:
Nah sorry Boss, the fact that the shot selection on medium difficulty when playing a forward defensive stroke is so messed up, its made it completely unplayable for me, it's not even competetive....if the ball is pitched to middle stump and I can't move the batsmen at that point (on medium difficulty) then how the hell are you suppose to play the shot if the forward defence shot is messed up? .....simply can't, not meaning to sound to critical but that deems the entire patch to be utter pants.

If that one silly little thing were fixed, it would be number 1.

(Tip to who think abt the FW Def shot more than anything else): Come on freinds!, is it that serious FW def shot for u?. Particularly in Hard/Normal Mode, if u get the yorker length ball or slightly short of yorker length ball from CPU, rather than forward def shot, you may play either leg-glance or on-drive easily to avoid LBW/Bowled. I used to get lot of runs whenever CPU bowls on full into mid/leg. U Know there is lot of help in the pitches in Hard/Normal Mode for the bowlers. Even Small errors in judgement of line/length can cause u'r wicket. If the pitch seems to support the bowlers, u need to be positive and have to take some chances rather than pushing, blocking. What's the point then?.So don't critise me for that there after :rolleyes: ).

Installation:

Same Method prescribed in CGPv2 installation, but with the change. You need to change the configs accordingly whenever we bat or bowl for the big cursor probelm.

I'm waiting for more and more comm/fbs/revs and whatever thinks abt the patch in here.

Happy Gaming!

Boss

Attachments

• cgpv2rr.zip
    288.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

Six-Hit

School Cricketer
Sorry Boss, I have to disagree with the forward defensive shot being ok, I agree heartily with Danielcloete and Damolee. The forward defensive shot is not right, you can only play this to a ball just outside or on off stump. The pitched up delivery on offstump and middle gets you out every time and I mean everytime on forward defensive. These people that say its fine cannot like realistic cricket and must just like leathering the ball every shot. I can leg glance/flick this type of delivery most times fine but I don't always want to have to do this especially in a test match. The batsman seems to be out of position on the forward defensive every time he plays it in a position that he would take up for a cover drive almost 45 degrees side on. You can't seem to play a perfectly straight ball, fully straight on position with batsman he always ends up trying to play a cover drive. Please could you at least reset this shot to your old patch Im sure that didn't do this, its spoiling something pretty special Boss now i can play a cut shot or back foot glance now thanks to you. Much appreciated Boss for listening and replying to us all. Cheers Mate.......

On yer England ASHES WINNERS YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

Damolee

School Cricketer
I will give the new addition a bash Boss, but like Six Hit said, during a Test Match where you might want to chill it down a bit , maybe after nearly getting caught or whatever, the forward defensive shot should atleast be aiming forwards towards the bowler.. lol
But other than that, it's absolutely ace.

I'll give your new version a go and get back to you shortly.

EDIT: Sorry Boss, I just went to defend a shot aiming for middle stump ... I was positioned with toes in line with middle stump, wanted to play a defensive shot and he did some kind of half assed defensive cover drive to the off side and I got bowled for LBW.
Pushing Up and playing the front strike button performs a defensive forward stroke, not an outside defensive cover drive / push. I'm not quite sure why you have made it this way, does it effect something else in the patch? Or are you just trying to encourage people to have to leg glance everything?

Adding to that, its such a huge shame because everything else about this patch is awesome. I had one strange edge that flew to the offside like a cover drive would lol ....looked crazy, but apart from that, I love the power behind the strokes and the feel of actually being able to break through gaps. Just this FW Defensive shot that still needs looking at.

Cheers Boss

boss

Club Cricketer
Damolee said:
bash Boss

LoL!, :D :clap :)

O.K. Guys!, then i need to work on FW Shot more than i could assume!. Then u have to wait till CGPv3 release which atleast could take 2 weeks from here on. Till then i need all of u'r support and patience. More comm/fbs/cons abt the CGPv2 will definitely make grt CGPv3.

Boss

Damolee

School Cricketer
LoL

Not sure it needs much investigating but some edges look weird, like you can edge the ball and it flies horizontal like a bullet like its been hooked ...lol not even kidding.
It's not much of a problem because the rest is absolutely ace, barr the defensive shot problem!

Good luck m8, look forward to your next addition.

- D -

shrenik007

Club Cricketer
I m moving to cgp1 now as thr are too many sets of configs.
Its the best patch ever for cricket 2005 but cant help it, as now thr r even diffrent sets for batting and bowling.
I know thr must be some reason for the seperate cfg's but i hope u can make it into just 1 set of cfg files for ur upcoming patches.

Users who are viewing this thread