Chappell wants Ganguly out

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Indiangod said:
I agree with you and this is ganguly first downfall his batting.

For how long has Ganguly failed with the bat?

And now Chappell's mail says it all - he supports only a few players in the team. He feigns injuries and tries to avoid Chappell's training!

Why does India a captain like that who is not concerned about the success of his team?

Ganguly says here "Imagine the character of a person who calls a truce and then writes such an e-mail"

Seriously, Ganguly has fallen to alarmingly stoop levels! The coach never called a truce with him! It was just a gesture by the coach to stop wandering minds and mouths! The media went into a frenzy making all sorts of speculations. Chappell temporarily shut their mouths before embarking into what is turning out to be a controversial e-mail!

And it was a team report sent by the coach to the President and the Secretary! What rights does the captain have to question the coach's report? Its the coach report about the series?

I think this issue is heading dramatically. Unless something miraculous doesnt happen, this issue is to end with Chappell being sacked as coach!

I also think it was the work of the coach to wantedly leak the contents of the e-mail out to the media (indirectly!) so that the BCCI, if they persist with Ganguly, would have to face brickbats from both the media and the public!

Last edited:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's simple, stack up the number of games Ganguly has won because of skillful decision making against the number of games Ganguly has lost by being unable to bat his way out of a paper bag. If it doesn't stack up, sack him.

Ok here, I've done half the work for you. You can do the research and decide whether the team wins more because of decisions in the field or runs on the board.

Tests

matches won 21 Avg 49.92
matches drawn 15 Avg 46.00
matches lost 13 Avg 19.24

ODIs

matches won 76 Avg 51.67
matches w/ no result 5 Avg 11.00
matches lost 66 Avg 26.27

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Ganguly should step down and avoid so that the team won't have all that tension. If he can make it us a batsmen so be it. But he obviously can't make it as a captain and if he was to be sacked by someone else it would create hugh tension and probably Indian cricket will go down hill.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
aussie1st said:
Ganguly should step down and avoid so that the team won't have all that tension. If he can make it us a batsmen so be it. But he obviously can't make it as a captain and if he was to be sacked by someone else it would create hugh tension and probably Indian cricket will go down hill.

I dont think Ganguly is going to step down!

I dont think Indian cricket would go downhill just because he is sacked! He doesnt command the respect of most of the players and this has been stated by Chappell. So no one is going to perform badly or protest that he is sacked!

If he quits, it would be a graceful act but I dont forsee it happening!

P.s: Ganguly's fans, fearing a sacking of their captain, have staged a protest in front of the five star hotel where the BCCI election drama took place yesterday, it seems! Stupid people! Instead of criticising him for poor performance, they just want to see him on the field at the cost of India's performance

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
They won't perform badly but there will be huge tension if Ganguly was still in the team. India would no longer be playing as a team which is what cricket is all about. Ganguly may drop a catch or 2 and the other players would be thinking hes doing this on purpose.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If Players dont listen to the captain, then there is no need to have such a captain. due to this, the players get a laid-back attitude and take everything for granted like quiting the training sessions etc.

Ganguly was considering himself as the boss due to the support from
kolkata zone and Jagmohan Dalmiya. A good example for that is not
selecting Kaif for the tests even if he got the man of the series :eek:

also in a press interview before the 2nd test against zimbabwe, he
said that the team will remain the same.
he said that before any team management meeting and stuff

And Looking at his Present form ! What has he to offer to the team ??
He is among the slowest in the field, not an aggressive captain,No hope
of runs from his bat.

I Totally agree with Chappell there.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
jk16_4 said:
If Players dont listen to the captain, then there is no need to have such a captain. due to this, the players get a laid-back attitude and take everything for granted like quiting the training sessions etc.

Ganguly was considering himself as the boss due to the support from
kolkata zone and Jagmohan Dalmiya. A good example for that is not
selecting Kaif for the tests even if he got the man of the series :eek:

also in a press interview before the 2nd test against zimbabwe, he
said that the team will remain the same.
he said that before any team management meeting and stuff

And Looking at his Present form ! What has he to offer to the team ??
He is among the slowest in the field, not an aggressive captain,No hope
of runs from his bat.

I Totally agree with Chappell there.

Chappell is right! What would he be having against Ganguly to make comments like that? Its absolutely absurd that some Ganguly fans think Chappell has an hidden agenda against the current Indian captain! Some even go to the extent saying that the white skin always discriminates against the darker skin!

There is an insane website called Cricketnext.com where the stupid editor, Sanjay Jha (who sounds like a loyal Ganguly supporter!) and is criticising Chappell heavily! One thing is clear - the fans of Ganguly have realised that his time is over and are trying to avoid it by trying to rally behind him and trying to bring Chappell down! The sooner they realise Chappell's true intentions, the better Chappell is going to serve Indian cricket which is right now in a BL**DY MESS!

Dhoni

School Cricketer
I agree with Chappell. Now I want Ganguly should quit cricket and join kabaddi.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
yeah Ganguly should go now and make way for younger batsmen. He has lost his best. Its time for him to bow out,

satish_lastride

Club Cricketer
angryangy said:
Haven't seen a lot of captain/batsmen have you?

Steve Waugh
Viv Richards
Don Bradman
Greg Chappell
Ian Chappell
Sunil Gavaskar
Inzamam-ul-haq
Salim Malik

for example, are/were all better than Ganguly.
hey mate,i am not sure of the rest in the list,but surely ganguly is/was more successful than sunil,salim & inzamam..i dont remember these guys taking their odi squad to the WC finals nor having a 21 test winning record!!
u guys forget fast!!!

saisrini80 said:
A good move by Chappell to disclose to the Board! If the BCCI is so intent in retaining Ganguly, let them appoint a coach to keep hailing and praising Ganguly and let the Indian team fall into a pit!

Time has to come for every player in the world, and Ganguly's time has come for him to quit! If he doesnt, then to hell with Team India!

I respect Saurav for his outfits in building this team! But he now has to hand over the reigns to the other guy who is perfectly fit to captain the team and lead it to glory!
the only captain who took Team India anywhere near glory after kapil is sourav...azhar had his spell as a captain but he was very patchy...
those ppl who think rahul wud be better thn sourav are just gonna see the repeat of those days of "glory" when azhar was replaced by sachin...

Indiangod

International Coach
sohummisra said:
Ganguly's fielding hasn't exactly been top notch for most of his career.

Ganguly is a desperate guy who wants to save himself in a losing battle, I think Ganguly should be out for one series and play domestic cricket untill he finds his toach and form agian, then he can join the Indian team agian, He must learn.

I can remember the world cup final back in 2003, where Australia after 16 overs were like 110 odd for 1, and ponting was on strike and Harbajan was bowling and the ball hit pontings pad then it drop on the ground then it bounced up and Ganguly took it, and he was appealing for a catch but evreyone knew it bounced first, and that was appaling captaincy from the captain, and he was lazy in the field as well where he should have dived forward and tooken a catch of martyn when the ball came near him at deep square leg, he also gave 1 extra run 's away in the 3 yard circle.

satish_lastride

Club Cricketer
angryangy said:
It's simple, stack up the number of games Ganguly has won because of skillful decision making against the number of games Ganguly has lost by being unable to bat his way out of a paper bag. If it doesn't stack up, sack him.

Ok here, I've done half the work for you. You can do the research and decide whether the team wins more because of decisions in the field or runs on the board.

Tests

matches won 21 Avg 49.92
matches drawn 15 Avg 46.00
matches lost 13 Avg 19.24

ODIs

matches won 76 Avg 51.67
matches w/ no result 5 Avg 11.00
matches lost 66 Avg 26.27
thats the record of the most successful indian captain mate..if u find tht stat dismal,thats the way indian cricket is..u cant blame one guy for the shortcomings of an entire team...

i am not trying to say that sourav is an excellent batsman or captain,but its just that appalling that evryone is suddenly against him cuz u've got a new foreign coach who has seen no success as a coach before...

u r just letting down a proven indian cricketer for a newbie in the indian cricketing scene..

if sourav is mentally and physically unfit for international cricket,i think that has to be decided by the board and a group of past and present indian cricketers and not by one man who is just into the team...

Last edited:

Indiangod

International Coach
Gangulys the best captain India has ever had, winning the most test matches and series's then any other Indian captain, and getting the Indian team to many major and big tournment finals.

Users who are viewing this thread