Civilization IV

moza1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Im more of a fan of RTS's then turn-based strategy but I dont mind some TBS games.

Ive played civilization III and thought it was O.k.

Would anyone recommend Civ 4, its got great reviews.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I would not recommend it if you have anything you expect to get done within the next year ;)

Civ 2 destroyed most of my early life, Civ 4 is doing a darn good job of continuing where Civ 2 left off.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
puddleduck said:
I would not recommend it if you have anything you expect to get done within the next year ;)

Civ 2 destroyed most of my early life, Civ 4 is doing a darn good job of continuing where Civ 2 left off.

well, I was playing Civ4.I started playing in morning.
When I got up , it was still morning!!!!:eek:

That said, the game is superb, the gameplay has been adjusted so that more creative tasks can be accomplished rather than micromanaging things all the time.
If u were even slightly impressed by prev Civs, thing one will take your breath away.
:happy

Cowburn199

International Coach
Yeah i've played it. Pretty fun game but I lent it to my mate and said he can keep it for as long as he likes (He liked it more then me)

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
oh I didn't read the post correctly.

you are more of an RTS fan than turn based strat.

Then I have something for u.
Tommorow, the game rise of nations. is gonna release.
This is fusion of Civ 4 and age series.A RTS having roots in Civ 4.

I will try to have links to review tommorow in "new games and info" thread.

:cheers

Last edited:

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I havent played Civ4, I've got my eye on getting it though. I was a big fan of the previous 3 in the series. I've tried other turn based games in the past but always returned to the Civ series.

moza1

Club Cricketer
blackleopard92 said:
oh I didn't read the post correctly.

you are more of an RTS fan than turn based strat.

Then I have something for u.
Tommorow, the game rise of nations. is gonna release.
This is fusion of Civ 4 and age series.A RTS having roots in Civ 4.

I will try to have links to review tommorow in "new games and info" thread.

:cheers

Ive got the original rise of nations and I really like it.

And do you mean "Rise of Legends".

gold639

International Coach
Yes I think he does mean Rise of Legends, which will be spectacular. Technology vs Magic is such a cool theme. ;)

Rise of Legends isn't really as turn based as Rise of Nations was, its just the Conquer the World campaign which makes it seem like a TBS. Its alot quicker than RoN(which I found too slow) and on playing the demo I think it will be alot better than RoN.

As for Civ IV, I think you should definitely get it. Its tons better than Civ 3, which I found too slow and I didn't like doing so much micro-ing each turn. Now instead of building numerous cities it helps to build fewer, but larger cities. There's also a religion system. A bit hectic at the beginning of the game where everyone tries to be the first founder of a religion(you can do that by researching the religion's respective upgrade). :p

Civ III I think was the worst in the series, and CivIV beats it in every single way. Its getting an expansion too, The Warlords, which should be a great addition to the game. :)

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
moza1 said:
Im more of a fan of RTS's then turn-based strategy but I dont mind some TBS games.

Ive played civilization III and thought it was O.k.

Would anyone recommend Civ 4, its got great reviews.
i tried the game at my friend's place, not impressed at all. I'd rather play RON gold edition or wait for the new one to be released.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
i've played the demo, but honestly, i've realised, i am not a turn-based-game fan ;)
the gameplay is very good, and the graphics are fine...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I used to play Civ 3. Bloody addictive game, never got past the 3rd level (can't remember it's name). But it was cool building an army, keeping your dam people happy and then starting a few wars. It felt so good conquering a country :D

Users who are viewing this thread