Codemasters Confirm Patch

formula1man

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pak_cricketer said:
Names? No. They can't because they don't have the rights.
but 2005 let you change the namez what happened to that. and what did someone meaN BY A third party editor.

Farrukh_|$B said:
That is bloddy annoying! I think Yahoo! paid Codies to have their name in somehow and this is what the Codies came up with. Yahoo! after every ball!
yahooooooooooooooooooo! i know. i cracking up laughing for about 5 minutes when i read that. also theres this guy that yells when you get a run.

why can't they insert a patch into a memory card or release the game again and give refunds.

Last edited:

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
formula1man said:
but 2005 let you change the namez what happened to that. and what did someone meaN BY A third party editor.

The ICC didn't like it. Codemasters can't really afford a battle with the ICC!

Big_Pete

School Cricketer
whilst this is very interesting ... it doesn't help those people that want to play the game on PS2 does it?!

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Big_Pete said:
whilst this is very interesting ... it doesn't help those people that want to play the game on PS2 does it?!
No, but surely you knew games cant be patched on a PS2 before you purchased it.

Big_Pete

School Cricketer
of course I knew that ... but then I also assumed that Codemasters wouldn't make such a pathetic job of making a new version of this game which would require it to be patched!

Cowburn199

International Coach
Big_Pete said:
of course I knew that ... but then I also assumed that Codemasters wouldn't make such a pathetic job of making a new version of this game which would require it to be patched!
Every game contains bugs

Big_Pete

School Cricketer
bugs I can cope with ... but fundamental flaws (e.g. no ability to leave) and just things that are generally stupid (e.g. too easy batting or catching being impossible or wicket keepers taking the bails off when no-one has run) are totally and utterly unacceptable!!

I also absolutely hate the fact that there aren't any proper in game stats and tracking of individual performances! We had that in the original (to an extent) so why can't we have it now?! All it needed was some improvement and expansion compared to the original.

How can people ignore these facts?!

Obviously there are good features to the game, but they are totally and utterly outweighed by the bad. Anyone that can't see this clearly knows nothing about the game of cricket.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
right, this is great news, but what about ps2 versions of the game like me, are they going to re release it or are we stuck with the game how it is ? (i cant be asked to look through the last 7 pages to find out lol)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Well you should be asked because you'd know that there won't be a PS2 patch because you can't re-release CD's...all over again.

madmattg

International Cricketer
Big_Pete said:
bugs I can cope with ... but fundamental flaws (e.g. no ability to leave) and just things that are generally stupid (e.g. too easy batting or catching being impossible or wicket keepers taking the bails off when no-one has run) are totally and utterly unacceptable!!

I also absolutely hate the fact that there aren't any proper in game stats and tracking of individual performances! We had that in the original (to an extent) so why can't we have it now?! All it needed was some improvement and expansion compared to the original.

How can people ignore these facts?!

Obviously there are good features to the game, but they are totally and utterly outweighed by the bad. Anyone that can't see this clearly knows nothing about the game of cricket.

I second all those issues, for me Stats are a major issue with the game and my dissapointment in them not being a major part was unparralled.

formula1man

International Cricketer
Punk Sk8r! said:
Well you should be asked because you'd know that there won't be a PS2 patch because you can't re-release CD's...all over again.
but here in australia our football game had to be re-released because it had so many bugs. you couldn't even save it half the time it was crap.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
formula1man said:
but here in australia our football game had to be re-released because it had so many bugs. you couldn't even save it half the time it was crap.

Yeah but I doubt it will happen will all over the world, I mean I havn't seen no Australian footie game so maybe the only reason they re-released was because it was only in Australia, maybe I'm wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread