Codemasters Confirm Patch

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
lol Zim.

But my opinion has changed I think that both cricket games suck real bad but this time around I think Cricket 07 is better, still crap but better than BLIC07.

fk915

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Punk Sk8r! said:
lol Zim.

But my opinion has changed I think that both cricket games suck real bad but this time around I think Cricket 07 is better, still crap but better than BLIC07.

I agree with you

zimrahil said:
Sorry but that game would be no good at all*

*I came to that conclusion as soon as I read "Add EA Cricket AI"

you got to be kidding .... EA Cricket AI is ten times better than Codies AI ...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
fk915 said:
you got to be kidding .... EA Cricket AI is ten times better than Codies AI ...

Not kidding at all. Even if your assumption is correct - it simply means EA Cricket AI is pathetic, and Codies AI is ten times worse than pathetic

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I don't notice much difference to be honest, in EA cricket the computer barely scores more than 1 an over through entire games, and sets rubbish fields whilst you score at 10 an over... in Lara the computer tries to race along at 10 an over and gets out quickly for roughly a similar score to that in EA cricket, and sets rubbish fields whilst you score at 10 an over. So hmm, basically, both have ballsed up their AI.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
I am actually starting to like this game, its fun but can anyone tell me whenever i throw the ball to the wicketkeeper why on earth doesn't he catch it?!! It is so annoying, its pissing my off so much, first of all he doesn't catch it and then he pops out the bails as well :mad.

It says press 2(Num Pad) to catch, I always press that but nothing! Only like once out of 20 times. Other than this i think the game is fun :).

villarich

School Cricketer
Farrukh_|$B said:
I am actually starting to like this game, its fun but can anyone tell me whenever i throw the ball to the wicketkeeper why on earth doesn't he catch it?!! It is so annoying, its pissing my off so much, first of all he doesn't catch it and then he pops out the bails as well :mad.

It says press 2(Num Pad) to catch, I always press that but nothing! Only like once out of 20 times. Other than this i think the game is fun :).

The wicketkeeper is dropping it because you're not timing your throw back to the keeper properly. If you don't press the throw button when it's in the middle of the bar the keeper will always drop the ball and then smash the bails off!

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Farrukh_|$B said:

There should be a marker and you have to press a certain button to throw properly, this creates the chance of run-outs.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
you dont have to press any key to make the keeper catch the ball. all you have to do is throw back the ball correctly. i think you are not using the right key to throw it. check it again.

athkatla

School Cricketer
duded64 said:
I suspect it wont touch the gameplay and will only do online things and little bugs.

I suspect you didn't read this on the first page of this thread:-

Yes, we're investigating gameplay changes - more news on this and on the content of the patch/auto-update nearer launch.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Another thing is that the crowd hardly cheers for gods sake! Why have they been put in the stadium if they aren't going to shout?! I took a wicket *nothing*, later i took a catch.. crowd *nothing*, commentator *nothing*. Whenever i hit a boundary like 1:4 the crowd cheers.

The audio isn't flowing with the game spirit at all IMO.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yeah once my commentators didnt commentate for 10 overs...lol not to bothered though.

D

Deleted member 11215

athkatla said:
I suspect you didn't read this on the first page of this thread:-

Yes, we're investigating gameplay changes - more news on this and on the content of the patch/auto-update nearer launch.
I suspect that you are incorrect and that investigating doesnt mean it will be done. I can investigate millionares doesnt mean that i am or will be one does it?

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Farrukh_|$B said:

Use your mouse for catching , u will take some rippers with it ;)

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
duded64 said:
I suspect that you are incorrect and that investigating doesnt mean it will be done. I can investigate millionares doesnt mean that i am or will be one does it?
Why are you being so pessimistic? Just wait till the patch comes out and everything will be clear.

D

Deleted member 11215

Farrukh_|$B said:
Why are you being so pessimistic? Just wait till the patch comes out and everything will be clear.
Im not being pessimistic. Infact i think the game is great at the moment. Forinstance i lost a game this morning in the 49.3 over needing only 6 runs from 3. I think the game is great providing you play it sensibly. The only patch that should really need to be release is fixing proper bugs. Regarding ai i dont really mind if they make it harder i wouldnt complain.

Users who are viewing this thread