Codemasters Lied to us. Proof for the same

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Everyone,

Here is the proof that codemasters lied to us. Rubber / John any explanations.

"And the game's AI has been substantially ramped up to allow for more shot variation and selection and better innings pacing - so no matter whether you're trying to bowl out an opponent or batting to save a match, you'll have a battle hard."

Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 Q&A with the Codemasters Community Manager Peer Lawther on the XBox version of the game.

The same is not at all delivered in the final product, and the testimony to all of us who played this game. :mad: :(

Ankit kukreti

Club Cricketer
Yes, by the comments we have read AI is really not having much intelligence at all :(. I am just wondering did they did enough game testing ??? or just played couple of overs ? BLIC 05 AI won't go for the total here it looks like they hit out or get out.

I don't have the game just yet. I am just telling of what I have read :p

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ya true, the above saying tell us that codemaster lied to us on what they said will be there in the game and is not there, this is enough for us to ask codemasters why its not there even though they clearly told us that AI has been improved significantly. I guess Codemaster is also following EA's path in telling us lies.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I dont think they lied to anyone. They didn't intend this to happen, they just got the numbers wrong, probably the rules used to determine AI actions only need a small tweak.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Kev said:
I dont think they lied to anyone. They didn't intend this to happen, they just got the numbers wrong, probably the rules used to determine AI actions only need a small tweak.

Is there anyway that this can be fixed? Maybe Codies can make a patch.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
probably (of course I don't know how to fix it) but it all comes down to mathematical functions deciding outcomes so if you tweak the code you can lessen or increase the probability of an outcome.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Kev said:
probably (of course I don't know how to fix it) but it all comes down to mathematical functions deciding outcomes so if you tweak the code you can lessen or increase the probability of an outcome.

Let's just hope when Rubber gets back on Monday, he can explain all this.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I dont think its a case of not caring, its a case of not understanding how the AI should react, what should have happened is people who play a lot of cricket games and are fans of the game should have been involved in the testing. My guess is the majority of the people who tested the game aren't real cricket fans.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, and its a shame it wasn't taken more seriously. Although its not quite as simple as giving us a beta copy and letting us get on with it.

D

Deleted member 11215

Now this is gonna sound stuipid but i dont think codies have lied, however i dont think they have told the truth i thinks its somewere inbetween. i think a patch is unlikely.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
A patch is more likely than last time though. The game is in-house developed this time.

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
Kev said:
I dont think its a case of not caring, its a case of not understanding how the AI should react, what should have happened is people who play a lot of cricket games and are fans of the game should have been involved in the testing. My guess is the majority of the people who tested the game aren't real cricket fans.
Either that or
- the developers there are not capable of fixing the bugs which testers come out with.
- laziness on the part of testers/developers.

simran3

Club Captain
There we go codemasters flushed down the toilet

AND R.G. LIED and you guys sitting on this forum are just a bunch of control freaks , this is to all the moderaters on this forum . dO YOU even know what a forum is ?? a place to share your opinons and thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread