Commentators Dream Team

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
i am sure you did not just write that without guess googling it 1st :p

That Aroun Lal guy and Gavaskar sounds very similar. and Laxman Shivaramakrishnan and that other Indian batsman (currently in U-19 tour) with even longer name sounds very similar

"you betcha" guy is the best!

P

pcfan123

Actually I did not google it, its a lot easier than it sounds , just break it up

Shiva - Rama - Krishnan

Max Peters

Club Captain
When I saw this forum I thought it was a commentators dream team, in that the players had names which commentators could pronounce very easily so that would be like a dream to them.

irottev

School Cricketer
Mark Nicholas might make the list if this was "arrogant tossers XI"

Haha, fully.

Bill Lawry (Only because he's so biased, old, and people give him crap about his pigeons)
David Lloyd
Ian Chappell
Martin Crowe (C)
Tony Greig
Jeremy Coney
Ian Smith (WK)
Richie Beneaud
Wasim Akram
Michael Holding
Simon Doull
12th: Shane Warne (Still kinda new)

Last edited:

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Aussie based commentators:
1. Mark Taylor - good to keep the mood light
2. Greg Blewett - balanced comments from the little I've heard from him
3. Ian Chappell - actually knows who the foreign players are :(, just loves his captaincy credentials too much and is very quick to criticise strategy
4. Tony Greig - Honorary Aussie. Love the saffer/english accent. Plenty of 'oh boy' and 'off the meat of the bat', 'very forst'. Can be interesting sometimes too, pointing out things that the viewer mighn't know.
5. Mark Nicholas - Sprouts a bit of crap, but at least he's knowledgeable. And most of the time his over the top flowery descriptions work. Peter Roebuck was in direct competition for the former England county batsman spot :p, but I don't like Roebuck particularly.
6. Adam Gilchrist - Needed a keeper. His points are too long winded but he brings good humour to the box and I'm sick of Ian Healy at present.
7. Richie Benaud - Poor Richie. The 3 man booth has almost swallowed him now. Can't get a word in with Slater, Lawry and Healy jabbering.
8. Kerry O'Keefe - Has the laugh, but actually talks sense too when he's focused.
9. Shane Warne - used to dislike him as he repeats himself far too often, but he says interesting things about bowling tactics that most commentators don't bother thinking about
10 .Damien Fleming - good humour and makes original points
11. Glenn Mitchell - Not a cricketer AFAIK, but works well in partnership with O'Keefe.
12th man: Bill Lawry - to replace Greg Blewett but only in the last 5 overs of an ODI. Otherwise he's orange boy. Too much verbal diarrhea from Bill and most of it is cliched, nonsensical bull-dust.

And international commentators I like:
Michael Holding - actually talks about what the bowlers might be planning, thinking. It's what cricket is all about people. Not field placings - like Botham, Lloyd or Hussain think.
Ian Smith
Mike Atherton - best of the English lot to my ears. Gower is pretty fair too.
Jeremy Coney
And errr..... that's about it. I don't really fancy any of the Indian commentators. Harsha Bhogle has good knowledge and he'd be the closest to getting on this list.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
6. Adam Gilchrist - Needed a keeper. His points are too long winded but he brings good humour to the box and I'm sick of Ian Healy at present.

I wanted to bring him in as my keeper, but he hasn't really achieved commentary professionalism yet.

One for the future.

Gazza_11 added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Who's your captain Jason?

stereotype

Club Cricketer
7. Richie Benaud - Poor Richie. The 3 man booth has almost swallowed him now. Can't get a word in with Slater, Lawry and Healy jabbering.
8. Kerry O'Keefe - Has the laugh, but actually talks sense too when he's focused.
9. Shane Warne - used to dislike him as he repeats himself far too often, but he says interesting things about bowling tactics that most commentators don't bother thinking about
Talk about a lack of variety...3 leg spinners?

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Where's Michael Slater? He's a brilliant commentator, lot's of enthusiasm in his voice, somewhat funny and knows his stuff.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Worst Commentators

Mark Taylor (states the bloody obvious all the time)
Greg Chappell (he was an incredibly dull commentator)
Michael Holding (uses every cliche in the book)
Mark Nicholas (arrogant and uppity)
Boycott (he can get quite annoying after a while)
Adam Gilchrist (he has no personality, IMO)

Users who are viewing this thread