Confusion between BLC and EA C2005

I can see why people would have grave misgivings towards any cricket game produced by EA but surely not buying the product even if it turns out to be fantastic smacks of cutting off your nose to spite your face doesn't it?

I think it's best to reserve judgement until the finished product it out there and has been fully tested.I mean, we are not exactly festooned with cricket games are we? and if(and it IS a big if) EA's offering does turn out to be brilliant poor sales might hinder any hope of future releases?

HH

It's not a rare thing from EA either. Compare FIFA to PES/Winning Eleven. FIFA has all the official licenses, from players to music. The gameplay however, just isn't there. The physics engine makes the ball look as though it is on a string. In fact, gameplay improvements have been largely due to the success of the Winning Eleven series. The ironic twist is that in its current incarnation, WE is at least equal in graphic detail, from animation to player modelling and has licensed several leagues.

EA in general have a habit of trying to abuse commercial viability (and are building a reputation on it). How many Need For Speed games have there been? How many WWII shooter releases have there been in the last 5 years? How many expansion packs for The Sims were there?

For example;
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault was built with the Quake 3 engine. Minimal effort, strong performance. It's a WWII game, not hard to create a concept there either. Thirdly it's a first person shooter, so it was never going to be hard to get it right. It was of course a success, so we got Frontline, Rising Sun, European Assault, Spearhead, Breakthrough and Infiltrator. Six more games!

anyone know whether EA Cricket 2005 has an official website, just like CodeMasters BLC?

what is the progress of the game? where do we get news apart from ppl from forums?
any official word as to when the demo is coming out, release dates, next set of screenshots? features list?

If EA cares about their consumers, they should take care of them better by providing feedback etc...

I take all back, if there is an official website for the game :)

The hb studios says EA Cricket 2005 official site coming up soon.
I think the basic drawback of EA Cricket is the gameplay in Cricket 2002 and 2004. However C97 Ashes was a big success and its gameplay was perfect
As I have'nt played any BLC game before do u guys think I will be better buying BLC 2005 rahter than C2005 as I have already played C2002 and C2004 from which I was'nt much satisfied. Do u think the graphics part will be worse in BLC compared to EA.

Another point , if EA can makeFIFA and other games enjoyable then why cant cricket

Well I certainly will not be joining such a protest--I will definitely be buying both games (at the expense of my wallet). :D Fair enough that you are giving BLIC a chance, but all you are basing your judgment on is a bunch of facts and screenshots. Same with EA, I guess, but I think it deserves a chance.

My final comment: the demos will seal the EA deal for me. I'm definitely going to be getting BLIC (just because it's not EA--something different for sure) but if the EA demo sucks, then I won't buy it. If the demo is fun to play and I like the appearance of the game, I'll get C2k5. That's all.

well said everyone but all will agree to the fact that the buildup to the release of BLIC is much better than 2005 , blic took feedback from gamers befrore release ,updates every now and then , maybe the gameplay will be rubbish but we aint know bout that ,also for c2005 we cant say until playing it ,but knowing ea's track record in cricket games its very hard to pre judge the game in good light

also ppl who say that the graphics of fifa are better than we series must get their eyes chkd ,one look at the animations of we and you kno' what im talking about.

angryangy said:
It's not a rare thing from EA either. Compare FIFA to PES/Winning Eleven. FIFA has all the official licenses, from players to music. The gameplay however, just isn't there. The physics engine makes the ball look as though it is on a string. In fact, gameplay improvements have been largely due to the success of the Winning Eleven series. The ironic twist is that in its current incarnation, WE is at least equal in graphic detail, from animation to player modelling and has licensed several leagues.

EA in general have a habit of trying to abuse commercial viability (and are building a reputation on it). How many Need For Speed games have there been? How many WWII shooter releases have there been in the last 5 years? How many expansion packs for The Sims were there?

For example;
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault was built with the Quake 3 engine. Minimal effort, strong performance. It's a WWII game, not hard to create a concept there either. Thirdly it's a first person shooter, so it was never going to be hard to get it right. It was of course a success, so we got Frontline, Rising Sun, European Assault, Spearhead, Breakthrough and Infiltrator. Six more games!

Medal of honor Allied assault was built by 2015. It was a huge hit . All the other moh games were built by EA. No wonder they sucked. 20 of the original guys from mohaa ( 2015 ) , formed their own company and came up with COD ( call of duty ) , look how awesome that game is. EA just trying to make some extra cash.
on a different note - i will buy the game ( cricket 2005 or BLC ) thats more mod-able .

amber22 said:
The hb studios says EA Cricket 2005 official site coming up soon.
I think the basic drawback of EA Cricket is the gameplay in Cricket 2002 and 2004. However C97 Ashes was a big success and its gameplay was perfect
As I have'nt played any BLC game before do u guys think I will be better buying BLC 2005 rahter than C2005 as I have already played C2002 and C2004 from which I was'nt much satisfied. Do u think the graphics part will be worse in BLC compared to EA.

Another point , if EA can makeFIFA and other games enjoyable then why cant cricket

If you havnt played BLC ( the old one ) game before, atleast try the demo. i believe theres 3 different demos out there somewhere.

fakegod said:
Medal of honor Allied assault was built by 2015. It was a huge hit . All the other moh games were built by EA. No wonder they sucked. 20 of the original guys from mohaa ( 2015 ) , formed their own company and came up with COD ( call of duty ) , look how awesome that game is. EA just trying to make some extra cash.
I know, that's what I meant. They took a great game (which I still play with friends from time to time) and put it through the sausage machine.

Users who are viewing this thread