chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Last edited:

Kaos110

Club Cricketer
to be honest, i own a playstation 3 myself but i don?t realy care if the upcoming cricket games support move or not. i would be pleased with a challenging gameplay with the common controllers. move simply isnt on my improvement list.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
to be honest, i own a playstation 3 myself but i don?t realy care if the upcoming cricket games support move or not. i would be pleased with a challenging gameplay with the common controllers. move simply isnt on my improvement list.

It's not on mine either...
... But I agree that it's great on MLB.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
The thing is the Move was an excellent accessory. It has the best tracking out of any of the other various gimmicks. However it wasn't supported at all, Sony barely pushed it, and in the end it just wasn't worth developing for.

Kinnect got developers because Microsoft sold it as the greatest thing since sliced bread, despite the fact it only provides very rudimentary tracking.

chaman82

County Cricketer
Cant believe by the poor responses.......i think u have to play it to get the feel ..Sadly , on street cricket its not up to the mark.
Just imagine, all the batting problems will be solved, the shot types, timing, all thru the user hands in real time.....

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Cant believe by the poor responses.......i think u have to play it to get the feel ..Sadly , on street cricket its not up to the mark.
Just imagine, all the batting problems will be solved, the shot types, timing, all thru the user hands in real time.....

I think that's my biggest issue with it: if everything was through the users hands in real time, I'd be JUST as poor at video game cricket as I am at REAL cricket... :)

chaman82

County Cricketer
Ok chief. i think at this moment you are not getting my point. I feel any one who buys a cricket game would have played it in real, n would understand the game a bit.
ON the other hand it could be easier for new users to swing the bat by move controller ( at easy level) and get the exact feel on the game.

Playing ea cricket 07 ( ankits gamplay patch)
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...creations-next-gen-gameplay-v5-0-a-72857.html

Play the above and implement all the field settings, AI, shots in cricket 13.. ITS NEAR TO PERFECT.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Ok chief. i think at this moment you are not getting my point. I feel any one who buys a cricket game would have played it in real, n would understand the game a bit.
ON the other hand it could be easier for new users to swing the bat by move controller ( at easy level) and get the exact feel on the game.

But the bowling coming at you would be as per real life top players... So technically you'd have to perform to the level of a real life top batsman to be able to play it? I mean, if it is truly real-time.

You can of course simplify it and make it easier, but that soon then feels like you're NOT in full control, and therefore totally frustrating (especially for the hardcore players)...
The Wii version of AC09 gives you a flavour of that...

Lee1981

International Coach
Keep anything as ridiculous as this suggestion for the wii please chief, concentrate on more worthwhile things like stats, tournaments and online play please.

chaman82

County Cricketer
i think its the right time to CLOSE this thread....:facepalm

note.: plz do try the cricket 07 with the patch that i mentioned...the gamplay is real stuff.

:wave

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Anyone suggesting cricket 07 is like real cricket must be a troll :spy

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone suggesting cricket 07 is like real cricket must be a troll :spy

It's that "rose tinted" view people have of that game that I've discussed in other threads. Cricket 07 does one thing right: The depth of player stats and a variety of tournament and tour options. That's it. It's junk to look at and is now the Frankensteins monster of modded cricket games.

...and on the topic of gimmicks (which is exactly what the PS3 "Move" is...) lets not go down the road of that whatsoever. Like post-converted 3D movies the majority of people don't want, need or buy games for additional gimmicks like that.

Good cricket game first. Always.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can do without the bells & whistles like PS Move or Kinect. The first priority should be to get the gameplay down and make a good game. These things can be added in later versions/iterations of the game, if (hopefully) the game becomes an annual series :)

Users who are viewing this thread