Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I can't remember back to Bradman 14 but I am pretty sure that the last 2 games both had academy releases before hand for character building. Not having it yet though might mean that past academy creations from Ashes will still be available to download in Cricket 19

There was no academy for ashes cricket[DOUBLEPOST=1556088791][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually much much much earlier......
Yep they were releasing it all through the prior summer IIRC

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Preorder opening up even before trailer sounds fishy to me, I really hope they have a brand new set of bowling action this time around getting tired of the almost same bowling actions.

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pretty close to just putting a line through this one on my wishlist. Last few releases from BigAnt and their "patching" schedule has already put me a bit offside, and the fact they don't appear to have enough of it complete to even show some gameplay a month out from release is getting mighty suspicious.

I doubt we're looking at Ashes 2013 levels here, but there's been nothing from BigAnt to suggest the poor way they've handled games post release previously is going to change.

Thieves

Club Captain
For all we know, they are still working on the game and adding finishing touches. How could they show gameplay of a game that isn't finished yet?

Just my opinion. I also hope that batting with other camera settings has improved but that can only happen if overall mechanics are improved.

Being able to bat on pro mode and fixed close / far / broadcast with efficency as in batting far will greatly add to the versatility and enjoyment of the game. Right now I only bat on batting far because I just can't quite grasp batting on other camera modes.

BTW, the second trailer does feel like we might get a career mode and possibly an ashes story mode as well. I remember getting shot down for asking for that a month ago, but who knows I might be right and I think it will be a great addition to the game if my predictions come true.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pretty close to just putting a line through this one on my wishlist. Last few releases from BigAnt and their "patching" schedule has already put me a bit offside, and the fact they don't appear to have enough of it complete to even show some gameplay a month out from release is getting mighty suspicious.

I doubt we're looking at Ashes 2013 levels here, but there's been nothing from BigAnt to suggest the poor way they've handled games post release previously is going to change.
It’s too harsh. We are all hoping and confident @BigAntStudios will deliver a great game.

I agree @BigAntStudios can be little more interactive (by answering only some sensible queries) here but who knows there may be some licensing and marketing contract which may prevent them to be silent on public forums.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Gameplay on Ashes Cricket after the latest patch was pretty accurate , I really hope they dont messup the core mechanics like they did with Ashes Cricket post DBC17 and required substantial patching , just change the batting and bowling actions in order to get fresh feeling , deeper career mode ,accurate stats tracking and separate attributes for different movements , thats all we needed in Cricket 19.

Alberts

International Coach
It’s too harsh. We are all hoping and confident @BigAntStudios will deliver a great game.

I agree @BigAntStudios can be little more interactive (by answering only some sensible queries) here but who knows there may be some licensing and marketing contract which may prevent them to be silent on public forums.

I'm going to be blunt, it's not "harsh" to expect a company to provide details of gameplay a month out from release. Hell, for most games I put an instant cross through them if we don't have details and gameplay at least 3-4 months out. BigAnt get the special sausage treatment from me already by giving them so much leeway on what is a basic rule against vapourware/[oh no, we actually promised to release something!]ware.

The only reason I do that is because at the very least we know it's BigAnt, they'll release something. Whether it's an unfinished buggy mess that's yet to be balanced, or even has such difficult features as the pitch wear textures loading at the start of an over, is always the question with them.

After years of being burned by a lack of community engagement, and a patching schedule that has looked something like a skeleton crew doing the bare minimum, I don't think we need the kid gloves on with them anymore. They already treat the community like they're just there for convenient free labour to cover for licences they can't get, and quite frankly their mindset to the community, and the U-turn they took after DBC 14 hasn't done them any favours.

I'm sure this game will be competent, but that's about it. I would be pretty willing to bet there will be some major issues that will be present at release, and present in the leadup to [Whatever random name they go with] 21's release. I don't mean balance things either, but stuff like invisible pitch wear, QTE fielding making for free runs, that kind of thing.

Harshs1993

Club Cricketer
I think people are over reacting to the current situation. Big ant is the only gaming company who cares about cricket game fans . Comparing big ant with EA is not appropriate at this point considering big ant started creating games for next gen consoles recently and EA has been in the market for like forever. You can literally see the difference and improvements in every cricket games big ant releases.
Don’t preorder if you don’t want to without seeing the gameplay. Btw fifa never release their actual gameplay footage before the release, they only release cinematic trailers which are completely pointless. At least we get to see actual gameplay footage in big ants trailer.

Rhone

International Cricketer
I'm going to be blunt, it's not "harsh" to expect a company to provide details of gameplay a month out from release. Hell, for most games I put an instant cross through them if we don't have details and gameplay at least 3-4 months out. BigAnt get the special sausage treatment from me already by giving them so much leeway on what is a basic rule against vapourware/[oh no, we actually promised to release something!]ware.

The only reason I do that is because at the very least we know it's BigAnt, they'll release something. Whether it's an unfinished buggy mess that's yet to be balanced, or even has such difficult features as the pitch wear textures loading at the start of an over, is always the question with them.

After years of being burned by a lack of community engagement, and a patching schedule that has looked something like a skeleton crew doing the bare minimum, I don't think we need the kid gloves on with them anymore. They already treat the community like they're just there for convenient free labour to cover for licences they can't get, and quite frankly their mindset to the community, and the U-turn they took after DBC 14 hasn't done them any favours.

I'm sure this game will be competent, but that's about it. I would be pretty willing to bet there will be some major issues that will be present at release, and present in the leadup to [Whatever random name they go with] 21's release. I don't mean balance things either, but stuff like invisible pitch wear, QTE fielding making for free runs, that kind of thing.

Why anyone would pre-order this game right now is beyond me. There has been minimal information released, a handful of screenshots and zero gameplay. A month out from release, it's a little bit fishy.

If I had to hazard a guess I would speculate that the game is still in beta and is far from finished. Expect another buggy release with a hefty day 1 patch.

I would also expect the game to be essentially Ashes Cricket, with updated rosters, slightly improved graphics and AI, and the new scenario mode. It certainly won't be a revolution, but this isn't to say its a bad thing. Fifa and Pro Evo follow this model of annual releases with incremental gameplay and graphics changes, and they are generally good games that sell well every year. No reason why BigAnt shouldn't follow a similar model, just don't expect HUGE improvements from Ashes.

Alberts

International Coach
I think people are over reacting to the current situation. Big ant is the only gaming company who cares about cricket game fans . Comparing big ant with EA is not appropriate at this point considering big ant started creating games for next gen consoles recently and EA has been in the market for like forever. You can literally see the difference and improvements in every cricket games big ant releases.
Don’t preorder if you don’t want to without seeing the gameplay. Btw fifa never release their actual gameplay footage before the release, they only release cinematic trailers which are completely pointless. At least we get to see actual gameplay footage in big ants trailer.

I would never compare EA and BigAnt, EA actually pretend to do community engagement, and are professional enough to release gameplay well before release, despite your claims.

EA push their cinematic garbage heavily, and their game isn't what it should be on current standards, but that's a philosophy, not investment problem.

EA let the public play their game as early as EA, hold closed betas, and gameplay footage is out there well before a month out from release, and evidence that there exists more than cinematic garbage is always 3-4 months out from release.

BigAnt have always been dreadful at marketing, but at this point it's just getting to the point where it looks suspicious.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Have pretty much accepted it with BA Games, most of their games I purchase are keeping in mind the post game patches and commitment to the game.

Users who are viewing this thread