Cricket 19 General Discussion

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is the first Big Ant game where I've turned on the pitch marker and I must say it has made batting a lot more fun. Maybe I just have shit reflexes, but I found in previous games batting was too stressful and, even worse, I found myself pre-meditating all the time as I could never really watch the ball. Now that split second pitch marker gives me enough of a cue to make me properly react and play a shot, whilst still making things sufficiently challenging.

Oh, and I can now leave the ball! Having Jimmy Anderson bowling a just short of a length inswinger that I leave purely on length (doable with the pitch marker) and watching it go 2 inches over the stumps...beautiful. It has made test match batting so much more fun, but not too easy at all (I only made 240 and then 120 in my first match).

I know the BA community, particularly back in the day, was very anti pitch marker but I think having it for just a split second yields a cracking game. Full applause though to those who can rack up big scores without it.

stephencox32

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I set up a CC div 1 & 2 on custom. The only things I could t replicate were tied game points and the 120 over limit on bonus points in the first inning (actually I may have to go back and look because I may accidentally be giving bonus points in both innings as of now)

I believe it is the same problem with the RLC and the blast as the teams are alphabetical - basically run a north and south custom league and sim the south in your case. Then set up a playoff with the correct teams. With experimenting you can even pick the teams in the right order to reflect seeding

Or you could just get rid of Leicestershire and Northants in CCC or Leic and Glou (or Glam) if playing limited overs to make it 16.
Thanks for that and for explaining how to go about doing it. It’s just a small thing in the grand scheme of a really polished game this year but my OCD for ultra realism just got me a bit there! Ha ha

jlm9

School Cricketer
I set up a CC div 1 & 2 on custom. The only things I could t replicate were tied game points and the 120 over limit on bonus points in the first inning (actually I may have to go back and look because I may accidentally be giving bonus points in both innings as of now)

I believe it is the same problem with the RLC and the blast as the teams are alphabetical - basically run a north and south custom league and sim the south in your case. Then set up a playoff with the correct teams. With experimenting you can even pick the teams in the right order to reflect seeding

Or you could just get rid of Leicestershire and Northants in CCC or Leic and Glou (or Glam) if playing limited overs to make it 16.

Actually just ran a sim and I have no idea how it was assigning bonus points - in the sim

Essex 114 & 205
York 190 & 77

Way I see it both teams should have 3 BPs but for some reason York only we’re award 2

2nd sim

Hamp 128 & 156
Warw 228 & 53-3

I make it Warw should have 4 BPs and Hamp 3. But Warw only got 3 and Hamps 2

Anybody any experience with this setting explain what’s going on

(Also the sim scores look like a typical April CC game)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 185125

T20 AI slider settings if anyone is interested.
IMG_20190605_015919__01.jpg

AI batting Scorecard with the above settings:
Bowling at hardest difficulty.
IMG_20190605_015927.jpg

My bowling scorecard:
IMG_20190605_015930.jpg

AI Partnerships:
IMG_20190605_015935.jpg

Manhattan Graph:
IMG_20190605_015940.jpg

Wealey

ICC Board Member
This is the first Big Ant game where I've turned on the pitch marker and I must say it has made batting a lot more fun. Maybe I just have shit reflexes, but I found in previous games batting was too stressful and, even worse, I found myself pre-meditating all the time as I could never really watch the ball. Now that split second pitch marker gives me enough of a cue to make me properly react and play a shot, whilst still making things sufficiently challenging.

Oh, and I can now leave the ball! Having Jimmy Anderson bowling a just short of a length inswinger that I leave purely on length (doable with the pitch marker) and watching it go 2 inches over the stumps...beautiful. It has made test match batting so much more fun, but not too easy at all (I only made 240 and then 120 in my first match).

I know the BA community, particularly back in the day, was very anti pitch marker but I think having it for just a split second yields a cracking game. Full applause though to those who can rack up big scores without it.

I’m Pitch marker all day long

Wealey

ICC Board Member

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Can I ask where can you make suggestions to Big Ant about Cricket Academy? On the forum I mean

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Definitely finding it harder to bowl sides out in second innings of a Test... and keep Chris Woakes stamina up!

Do ‘Brute’ bowlers lose stamina quicker?

On plus side took a wicket with spin at last. Yes Moeen!

tecnogamer

School Cricketer
Weird stupid question I just had this with a game with Eng v Ban - the moment Eoin Morgan was out no more crashes it was strange. Are you playing as England?

I played as Australia and it happened than I tried resetting everything and played as SA and same things happened

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

As my most recent test match scores are 90 all out, 28 all out, and 103 all out suffice to say I am NOT one of those racking up big scores without the pitch marker...

Still sticking without it for now!!

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
What causes most of your wickets?

I did my first match on medium and 80% were edges. I thought it was a bit too much so I toned it down a bit in the sliders for edges, somewhere between easy and medium. I'm now 1/90 at lunch in game 2 so maybe I went too far but I also think I'm just batting better.

Do you find you can leave the ball at all without the pitch marker? I did get bowled once when Moeen really ripped one.... I've also had some VERY close shaves (but OH so satisfying!)

ConfusedMonkk

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Never had a better game in my life. Bowling is fantastic. Batting is challenging. I had to grind for every run that was scored through out the innings. It was a very satisfactory performance..... 54 runs and 6-19 in career mode.

Highlights of all the wickets.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Maybe I just have shit reflexes, but I found in previous games batting was too stressful and, even worse, I found myself pre-meditating all the time as I could never really watch the ball. Now that split second pitch marker gives me enough of a cue to make me properly react and play a shot, whilst still making things sufficiently challenging.

A real batsman gets a load of information from the bowler's action, has true 3d vision, and can evolve his response as the ball gets nearer to him. The pitch marker compensates for some of those in game disadvantages.

jlm9

School Cricketer
Does anyone have a general guide as to what type of pitch helps which bowlers. Also how does anyone decide what pitches to use in a game - for the world championship I’ve jut been using standard

Users who are viewing this thread