Cricket 19 General Discussion

Two very recent scorecards: one of me bowling one of me batting

View attachment 225388 View attachment 225389[DOUBLEPOST=1564644616][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wrong part of the internet mate! :p

For us Online Folks , Caught Behind dismissals are 90 % of our dismissals playing a Test , and seems to be too punishing (On Hard Difficulty)

In Shorter formats , (T20`s and Less) , it doesnt pose any problem, not sure why, could be because your slogging and going bigger more , and I`ve noticed in previous games also that when your trying to hit over the Top, you cannot nick it off.

Thanks anyway we can edit those teams, to reflect the actual squads?
Okay here's the thing, you can't edit the Ranji FC, though you can use downloaded teams for the Zonal Teams, @wasteyouryouth has done an amazing job with those. Also, keep in mind that career mode uses dynamic squads, which reflect the years gone by and your fellow domestic players making it to the squad. So, even the Indian squad will have names that played domestic with you and not current real life squad.

Okay here's the thing, you can't edit the Ranji FC, though you can use downloaded teams for the Zonal Teams, @wasteyouryouth has done an amazing job with those. Also, keep in mind that career mode uses dynamic squads, which reflect the years gone by and your fellow domestic players making it to the squad. So, even the Indian squad will have names that played domestic with you and not current real life squad.

The original on-disk Indian domestic teams are Baroda, Rajasthan, Delhi and a couple of others I think. 5 of the 37 actual Ranji teams. That's why I went for the zonal teams. I'd rather play them in that way and while there are a lot of Indian players on-disk, the number of players in the game is limited. I certainly won't be making any more domestic Indian teams.

The original on-disk Indian domestic teams are Baroda, Rajasthan, Delhi and a couple of others I think. 5 of the 37 actual Ranji teams. That's why I went for the zonal teams. I'd rather play them in that way and while there are a lot of Indian players on-disk, the number of players in the game is limited. I certainly won't be making any more domestic Indian teams.
Even though there are two first class in Indian Career, it still counts the states as 'club teams'. So, I don't think those are able to use the actual squad, even some players, in career mode.

Even though there are two first class in Indian Career, it still counts the states as 'club teams'. So, I don't think those are able to use the actual squad, even some players, in career mode.
Yeah, I don't think they are editable in the same way. I think it's just the easiest way to manage the career mode. Zimbabwe, Ireland and Afghanistan domestic were removed, if you'd have had a full Ranji it might have meant other countries might've needed to be taken out.

Reactions: DAP
Throwing this out here,

Playing the game on a Legend, Hard, Hard, Hard difficulty still lets me keep a really high strike-rate in FC matches! I do want it to be difficult, but if I go for the kill and change all the 'Hard' difficulty settings to 'Very Hard' there's a huge disparity.

Kind of the same feeling I got with selection difficultly (quoted below), something in the middle would help. Though sliders do make it possible in this aspect, it would kind of be making the game feel 'fixed'!
Just some thoughts on the game after reading the recent posts

Bugs:
- That new ball bug has happened to me as well.
- The tiny partnership bug which doesn’t count certain extras in the partnership graphics (though in match, 50 and 100 partnerships are acknowledged accurately) is still there.
- I am not able to see any abilities that I can unlock, like I have a lot of ability points but the bowling point screen doesn’t have the locks on the empty rectangles to unlock and use the ability and skill points. I hope someone can guide me on this, otherwise will report the bug on the thread and email as well!

Thoughts (Good and Bad):
- I don’t mind the no club cricket in Indian Careers, anymore. It kind of is more accurate to real domestic cricket in India.
- I wish selection difficulty had an option in between easy and normal, as easy gets me into most teams early enough, and normal has not worked for me since the days of Ashes Cricket (I didn’t make it to the Indian Team in AC).
- That team not downloading play faces is fixed so that’s good.

Just my thoughts, I welcome comments on it.

Throwing this out here,

Playing the game on a Legend, Hard, Hard, Hard difficulty still lets me keep a really high strike-rate in FC matches! I do want it to be difficult, but if I go for the kill and change all the 'Hard' difficulty settings to 'Very Hard' there's a huge disparity.

Kind of the same feeling I got with selection difficultly (quoted below), something in the middle would help. Though sliders do make it possible in this aspect, it would kind of be making the game feel 'fixed'!

Just my thoughts, I welcome comments on it.
I'm not a fan of the multiple difficulty levels for batting, bowling, fielding and then AI difficulty. Never have been.

You basically have a difficulty for playing the game and then a difficulty for the AI. That doesn't feel very intuitive or straightforward, to me, for levelling up.

I'm not a fan of the multiple difficulty levels for batting, bowling, fielding and then AI difficulty. Never have been.

You basically have a difficulty for playing the game and then a difficulty for the AI. That doesn't feel very intuitive or straightforward, to me, for levelling up.
I wish difficulty was locked in Career mode, it would change automatically as you level up or play different matches. They've almost got it with selection difficultly, as even on easy selection I am not making it to IPL.

About your point, I would prefer one slab difficulty!

I wish difficulty was locked in Career mode, it would change automatically as you level up or play different matches. They've almost got it with selection difficultly, as even on easy selection I am not making it to IPL.

About your point, I would prefer one slab difficulty!
I would, to be honest. Maybe with a changing AI difficulty. Either one or the other. AI is always the same but you can change the batting, bowling, fielding difficulty. Or you just have the one difficulty for them and have the AI get better as you go up. Faster bowling, tighter lines, more likely to take catches, fewer wicket taking opportunities if you're bowling to them

Last edited:
On Xbox or PS is there a button that can be pressed to view the state of the ball?

Users who are viewing this thread