Cricket 19 General Discussion

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes it is hard to make money on cricket games but some were reasonable sellers. Brian Lara was quite high in the game charts all those years ago - and the EA series ran for many editions.

In 10 years the middle class in South Asia will be much larger and all their kids will have PS5s and demand cricket games. If one developer could build a cricket game brand (like Fifa or PES) now they will reap big rewards later. But the thing has to be good. BA are part way there but the inadequacies frustrate the knowledgeable player (and just about everyone in the subcontinent knows their cricket...)
In simple words, market will always capitalise on demand. They'll try to have a reasonable supply. If that middle class ever grows that big, and those kids actually want to play cricket (cricket fans are diverse some like playing real cricket on the ground, some like to watch it and then some like video games), then of course you'll see big companies making a comeback.

Codemasters (the ones behind Brian Lara Cricket and AC 09) were at one point in early 2010s owned by Reliance, a major Indian company, even now they have a 29% share. So, they could always return to cricket gaming, though they sold off the AC13 rights to that horrific Trickstar, and now BA has rights to Ashes Series anyway.

EA Sports too will not miss a money making opportunity, but as @wasteyouryouth said, they'd just freaking include microtransactions, which is so bad. Though knowing them they'll probably make the game only if they can get the full international licensed players..

Of Course this is all speculation. But, the golden rule is when market has a demand, the developers will come in as a supplier. Even BA came the same way, many here and away had demands for a new cricket game, that worked properly and had some heart. That's why we got BA.

I as a well wisher of cricket gaming, do hope for a competition in the future.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why is it so hard to find patch notes these days? Am I missing somewhere obvious...

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hmm, so no pitch deterioration, and AI spin bowlers will still rag the ball both ways on a grassy pitch.

We are going backwards here.

Do any sliders work halfway through a match? Or is it just bounce that you can't change. I like to dial the spin up later in the game because the game seems unable to grasp this.

Sahil70

Club Captain
Can someone tell me how to hit a boundary on user created grounds with normal shots other than edging it somewhere, which makes it go faster and yet ideal timed shots struggle to make it. :facepalm

This is clearly an issue( yet another one that has somehow been introduced in this game as ashes was fine) and have no idea what BA are even doing about it.

MrSquiggle

School Cricketer
Hmm, so no pitch deterioration, and AI spin bowlers will still rag the ball both ways on a grassy pitch.

We are going backwards here.

Do any sliders work halfway through a match? Or is it just bounce that you can't change. I like to dial the spin up later in the game because the game seems unable to grasp this.

At least it's not just me who thinks some things really are going backwards.

MrSquiggle

School Cricketer
I was 50/50 on getting this game, I gave in and got it. Highly unlikely I'll be purchasing another in all honesty. The improvement just isn't there. It's a shame because their was a good base their with DBC14 but I still think that was the best of the lot. Some things have improved yet amazingly some things have gone backwards. Things like difference in play between different types of pitches should be in the game now. Ball deterioration should be in the game by now.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I was 50/50 on getting this game, I gave in and got it. Highly unlikely I'll be purchasing another in all honesty. The improvement just isn't there. It's a shame because their was a good base their with DBC14 but I still think that was the best of the lot. Some things have improved yet amazingly some things have gone backwards. Things like difference in play between different types of pitches should be in the game now. Ball deterioration should be in the game by now.
It worth it mate trust each patch it seems to Be getting better still little things but not everything can be perfect

sheharyar

Club Cricketer
Wow! Has anybody noticed how we have the exact same action for Malinga on one of the styles. It would be great if we can have real actions of some of the other popular bowlers, would add much more feel to the chracters of some of the bowlers.

I would also like to take the oppurtunity to appreciate @wasteyouryouth and Friedlele who did such an amazing work on the outlook of players this time around as well along with others who also did some amazing work on individual players.

fezza

Club Captain
I think the problems with pitch and ball deterioration are the most serious of all. Even the oft-derided International Cricket 2010 had a decent stab at this, with old ball reverse swing etc. Come to think of it some of the batting animations in that were better too...

I wonder how many BA programmers and playtesters actually play club cricket (or any cricket) regularly? Anyone who regularly plays the game or who watches first class cricket would pick up these issues immediately. I suspect some people only really watch T20 and miss out on the strategy of the longer game.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think the problems with pitch and ball deterioration are the most serious of all. Even the oft-derided International Cricket 2010 had a decent stab at this, with old ball reverse swing etc. Come to think of it some of the batting animations in that were better too...

I wonder how many BA programmers and playtesters actually play club cricket (or any cricket) regularly? Anyone who regularly plays the game or who watches first class cricket would pick up these issues immediately. I suspect some people only really watch T20 and miss out on the strategy of the longer game.
What's cricket?

fezza

Club Captain
Well sorry to come over all Geoffrey Boycott but either the developers are ignorant of the importance of pitch and ball wear in four and five day cricket or they know about it but didn't model it properly.

Either way that's pretty rubbish for a game that pretends to model the Ashes where pitch and ball wear are crucial to any team's planning.

I have noticed that some people on here won't hear any criticism of BA, however reasoned and informed that may be. That doesn't make the criticism any less valid as these issues are obvious to any player. I knew spinners struggled on grassy wickets with a new ball when I was about 6 years old. In this game Joe Root is turning it square in the second over...

rohitsharma_MI

School Cricketer
Please help, players only have plain bats.. means, no stickers on the bat. now found an option to assign the bat individually. so i need to apply bats for each and every player or is there any source to get all bats updated?

Users who are viewing this thread