Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just had a catch at cover now in a test match. An aggressive lofted shot

Wait wait wait, were you batting or bowling? Pitch? Difficulty?[DOUBLEPOST=1587826108][/DOUBLEPOST]
It’s funny but playing a few ODIs and taking a few outfield catches has made me more bothered about them being so rare in Tests

Yep.. I don't even care if it's rare.. It's just that I never get them. It almost makes you wonder what the point of having outfielders is. ODIs really enjoyable, except I think tailenders can hit the ball too hard.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Wait wait wait, were you batting or bowling? Pitch? Difficulty?[DOUBLEPOST=1587826108][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yep.. I don't even care if it's rare.. It's just that I never get them. It almost makes you wonder what the point of having outfielders is. ODIs really enjoyable, except I think tailenders can hit the ball too hard.

I was bowling. Was in my 90s test SA vs NZ (both the 90s teams). Match situation : second session day 4. They are chasing a huge target of 470 and were on 157 for 3. I was bowling with Paul Adam's to Roger Twose. They were getting bogged down in the previous few overs and out of nowhere Twose looks to launch this but doesn't get the elevation. Was the first time I have seen such a catch while bowling. My sliders are quite extreme.. Both ball and pitch bunch were very low. Pitch friction was high as well as spinner revs.

This was on 1 down from legend difficulty... Forget the name. Pitch was standard and medium

Last edited:

jacqueskallis

County Cricketer
I did try to look for retro teams but couldn't find anything.

I would love to play as Proteas of 90s. Can anyone please guide me here?

Thank you.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I did try to look for retro teams but couldn't find anything.

I would love to play as Proteas of 90s. Can anyone please guide me here?

Thank you.

@DalePlaysCricket shared a circa 98/99 team under I think the profile retrocricket.

I also shared the side from the Johannesburg 95 test for a scenario. My profile is mrdconnors. Under mrdconnors you’ll also find a Springbok South Africa XI with players from the English rebel tour of 1989/90 under Mike Gatting, and the squad also contains earlier legends like Richards, Pollock, Le Roux etc. Who had played in the earlier rebel tours

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Wouldn't believe this. Had another catch at square leg now! Same test match. This time off of Shaun Pollock. Was just a flick to square leg. Easy catch

And a 3rd now. Very similar to the above. Was a slower ball from Donald

Last edited:

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Wouldn't believe this. Had another catch at square leg now! Same test match. This time off of Shaun Pollock. Was just a flick to square leg. Easy catch

Very interesting. What 's your AI run rate, wicket chance, and batsman timing? Also, were ball and pitch bounce below 20 and spin revs above 50?

Mrakh

School Cricketer
I just finally got the game after being an Ashes Cricket holdout.

I have to say it is a much better game visually and mostly better gameplay.

Only thing one that is really annoying me right now: AI’s aggressive running in tests and first class - seriously the striker hits it to deep cover/deep midwicket/deep long and they always push for 2 or sometimes even 3, it’s ridiculous, no test batsman (except maybe VK) does that crap, it’s super unrealistic and ups their run rate to ridiculous levels on top of that. I have AI run rate slider low and it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Other than that I’m loving it, it definitely feels a step closer to the great cricket game.

Last edited:

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Very interesting. What 's your AI run rate, wicket chance, and batsman timing? Also, were ball and pitch bounce below 20 and spin revs above 50?

AI run rate, wicket chance and batsman timing all was on default. Yes because I alter the sliders quite dramatically after day 3 think my pitch bounce was 20. Spin revs I believe was 75

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
AI run rate, wicket chance and batsman timing all was on default. Yes because I alter the sliders quite dramatically after day 3 think my pitch bounce was 20. Spin revs I believe was 75

The passage of okay that included these 3 catches was probably the most enjoyable I have had bowling in this game. It also included a faint nick behind to dismiss a set Fleming on 57. This game certainly has all the elements there. Unlocking them seem the issue!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
what i have to do get pure red ball in tst match i kept dark red and red bt not getting correct somedays i got correct red balls purely most of you guys using pure red balls i saw in videos

I had two infield catches in the same innings. They aren't as common as perhaps they are in real life but they are there.

CharlieWaffles

School Cricketer
I think personal ability and preference vary so much, “best” will be different for everyone. I’ll share my sliders when I get back on this evening but I’d recommend playing everything default apart from pitch bounce and ball bounce which id reduce by 5 each.

play a few games and tweak what you think needs tweaking.

I’m decent at bowling and poor at batting. There’s a good chance someone else will find my batting sliders far too easy.

So keeping run rates at default for all formats too ?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So keeping run rates at default for all formats too ?

well I’ve only just started playing ODI (I play a 30 over custom format) so I’m not sure. I think you need to up striker timing and run rate for that.

but I honestly think the best thing is play a couple of games on default and you’ll see what needs to change to suit your play style

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Alright, so I'm still facing the issue with spin bowlers, and pace bowlers sometimes, that when they go around the wicket they continually bowl wide. Leg spinners outside leg (for a RHB) and and way outside off (for a LHB), off spinners are the same just vice-versa. Can't for the life of me figure out what's causing the AI to bork it up so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread