Cricket 19 General Discussion

Sahil70

Club Captain
Has anyone played a test against AI where it just does not want to score?.

Was playing a test on dry/soft pitch on a downloaded ground .AI in the 2nd inns would hardly score . Was like 50 odd runs from 40 something overs. It just went from one extreme of slogging boundaries every over in most games to doing nothing in this one.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I started streaming ashes series from yesterday and only change I made to slider was increased batsman timing to 90 others being the same old one I had , wicket chance 50 run rate at 15 or so.. Really impressed with AI shot selection.. So many grounded shots rightly placed, only 2 edges going for boundary one inside edge and one good looking outside edge.. The batsman's intent was clearly shown too where Root played more defensive and scored when ball was either on legs or over pitched, whereas Buttler was scoring more boundaries piercing the gaps whenever my line is missed.. Totally enjoyed the whole bowling innings of 65 overs.. They are currently on 178/5 and they are not giving their wickets away that easily.. I guess if you want it to be even more challenging try reducing wicket chance to 40 or 35..

GaxGards

School Cricketer
@Mouseydread @blockerdave thank you so much for your input. I love hearing peoples' different ideas with ratings. I've always tried to use real life stats and mimic this as best I can in the game.

@wasteyouryouth would you mind sharing your specific formula for batting and bowling ratings? Would love to hear and see if I can try to use it with players over different generations.

Cheers guys

Haych14

Club Captain
Cricket 19! Congrats, an eCricket tournament had commenced, Cricket players playing the game! Hopefully you get more success!

Interesting video Jofra Archer v Keiran Pollard in Cricket 19!

[DOUBLEPOST=1589709834][/DOUBLEPOST]
not really trying, just noticed it happen a few times during career mode the last month and a bit. btw: latest patch as the "newest" patch was quite a while ago.

On pc, the last patch I got was a few months back and it was that bat content one.
I think same for PlayStation been a while since the last update for the game

D

Dutch

I have just discovered a whole new way of enjoying the game: doing your own commentary as you play. I am sure I am not the only one who does this? The thirty overs of the session somehow flew by and even the quirks of the game became stomachable because of the twist it gives to the creativity of your commentary. Any others?

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
I have just discovered a whole new way of enjoying the game: doing your own commentary as you play. I am sure I am not the only one who does this? The thirty overs of the session somehow flew by and even the quirks of the game became stomachable because of the twist it gives to the creativity of your commentary. Any others?

As long as James Taylor is doing the Co-Comms then absolutely.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
As long as James Taylor is doing the Co-Comms then absolutely.
I actually think James Taylor is the best in the game. It sounds like he's trying his best.

Would still prefer Alison Mitchell, Mark Butcher and Richie Benaud's ghost. Butch can write the theme tune and sing the theme tune.

khan31

International Coach
They are incredibly brave to stream any type of match of this game let alone an online match. That video ^ of Archer and Pollard was abysmal. Painful to hear the hosts try and commemtate on that shit show!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain

I can do Perfect Richie Benaud, Tony Greig and Tony Cozier - in my head. It's amazing! I do it verbally and it works too for me - but I just done sound like them!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

I definitely do bits of that. And I also give myself pep-talks like “a 50 partnership now and we’re really in charge...” usually this is just before I lose 3/12.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
For whatever reason I always have Geoffrey Boycott providing commentary in my head ("that were rubbish", "my mother could have hit that with a stick of rhubarb", etc. when I'm bowling or "just add two wickets to the score and suddenly it isn't looking so good", "he's just not moving his feet, he'll nick one playing the ball so far away from his body" etc. when I'm batting...and the occasional "that's good creekitt"). I wish I could swap him out for Aggers.

2ruheroAusaf

School Cricketer
Hey guys! I am new to the game! I noticed that off cutters are going leg side when bowling to right-handed batsmen and leg cutters are going off side when bowling to right-handed batsmen. My bowler is also right arm coming over the wicket. Does this happen to anyone else too?

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Hey guys! I am new to the game! I noticed that off cutters are going leg side when bowling to right-handed batsmen and leg cutters are going off side when bowling to right-handed batsmen. My bowler is also right arm coming over the wicket. Does this happen to anyone else too?

Isn't that what off cutters/leg cutters do?

Users who are viewing this thread