Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think eSports games may be for PS4 and PS5 for next 2 years

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. Whether there is a graphical improvement on PS5 will be up to devs. In the case of the next cricket game from big ant, I don't expect major overhauls graphically for PS5 compared to the PS4. Time will tell I guess. I just want some fluidity in the gameplay.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It will be on PS5. Sony announced a few weeks back any game in development and planned to release after November (this year) is required to be compatible with ps5
yep , seems so . lets wait

neiske

School Cricketer
Good, concise research, but I've largely given up on trying to get a realistic outcome in this game (like an outfield catch) by tweaking and tweaking everything and then there still being no outfield catches. (I'm glad Blocker has seen the odd one but I haven't). I patiently await Cricket 2021 for now...

I'm not even getting outfield catches in white ball cricket but the disappointing thing for me was when the game first came out the outfield catches were there and for whatever reason they patched them out.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah, outfield catches are things I would love to see more. However, some days back, I did have a catch at long-on when the AI advanced down the pitch in a test. Back then, I had no idea how to trigger that. Now that we know this strategy, maybe with spinners, we will have more luck with outfield catches.

I don't really want to trigger a certain result though, I want false shots to be authentic and have a degree of randomness about them, related to player skill of course.

When we bat, if you mistime a shot it can occasionally pop up in the air and get caught in the ring and when you mistime a slog it will get caught in the outfield. Why can this not be the case for the AI?

I don't want to press up down up down left right A, B, A, B, bowl Gary Kirsten and set three fielders in the deep five minutes before tea to get an outfield catch.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Anyone had run outs when the ai just decides to leave his crease for no reason just had 2 in a career test match against the windies.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, outfield catches are things I would love to see more. However, some days back, I did have a catch at long-on when the AI advanced down the pitch in a test. Back then, I had no idea how to trigger that. Now that we know this strategy, maybe with spinners, we will have more luck with outfield catches.

what kind of length ball was this working with?

Jaff

School Cricketer
Does anyone have any issues with the AI taking catches in general?

I've been trundling along in career mode and never had any issues with catches however I wanted a change of scenery and started an Ashes series - and it's been nothing short of infuriating. For one batsman alone he was dropped 10 times at least, and it never came up with the reflex catch action. In the end the batsman was edging every ball off the spinner, and neither of the close in fielders (short leg, silly mid off) would even dive for the ball even though they landed a metre away, and the keeper/slips dropped it each time as well. In the end I got 'lucky' and the batsman edged it on to the stumps. Fair play if the reflex catch came in and I was just hopeless at it, but it never did.

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
what kind of length ball was this working with?

For me, variations of full and yorker lengths triggered the AI batsmen coming down the wicket. I think they have a tendency to misjudge the speed and bounce of the extra loopy deliveries. Don't remember the particular length I bowled for the long-on catch, but it probably was L1+triangle or L2+x.

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I don't really want to trigger a certain result though, I want false shots to be authentic and have a degree of randomness about them, related to player skill of course.

When we bat, if you mistime a shot it can occasionally pop up in the air and get caught in the ring and when you mistime a slog it will get caught in the outfield. Why can this not be the case for the AI?

I don't want to press up down up down left right A, B, A, B, bowl Gary Kirsten and set three fielders in the deep five minutes before tea to get an outfield catch.
I hope we get such a realistic cricket game soon.

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Does anyone have any issues with the AI taking catches in general?

I've been trundling along in career mode and never had any issues with catches however I wanted a change of scenery and started an Ashes series - and it's been nothing short of infuriating. For one batsman alone he was dropped 10 times at least, and it never came up with the reflex catch action. In the end the batsman was edging every ball off the spinner, and neither of the close in fielders (short leg, silly mid off) would even dive for the ball even though they landed a metre away, and the keeper/slips dropped it each time as well. In the end I got 'lucky' and the batsman edged it on to the stumps. Fair play if the reflex catch came in and I was just hopeless at it, but it never did.

Happens a lot, especially on soft wickets where the ball will not carry. I think such edges are the AI's way of sending the message that the batsman is 'ready' to get out if you bowl the right ball. Eventually, as you have also seen, they will get dismissed. But before that, it can be frustrating.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Played a career Odi me as Titans vs Dolphins AI. Had 3 AI batsmen advance down the wicket in 2 overs. One delivery was good length and 2 of them full length. Happened in overs 45-46. Spin flight setting 70 and spin bounce 60.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm not even getting outfield catches in white ball cricket but the disappointing thing for me was when the game first came out the outfield catches were there and for whatever reason they patched them out.

I actually get quite a few in one day cricket. All kinds of varied dismissals, which makes this more frustrating as i'm a long format guy...

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I actually get quite a few in one day cricket. All kinds of varied dismissals, which makes this more frustrating as i'm a long format guy...
I've noticed this too. The AI seem to be way more responsive, more varied dismissals and just in general a better overall experience in 20/20 and 50 over cricket compared with first class cricket. Makes me wonder if they put more effort into those two formats, programming wise, as they're the most popular, personally I'm a massive fan of first class/ test cricket myself over the other formats.

Users who are viewing this thread