Cricket 19 General Discussion

Yeah, I'm trying to replicate the pitches I've seen in New Zealand over the last few weeks where you can barely see the difference between the wicket and outfield. Grassy/Hard. Bounce might be a wee bit too much at times off a good length but I feel like if I went to Medium it'd be constant grubbers. Had some good wickets. 3 to Keeper, 3 to slips, 3 lbw and a bowled. Get some nice movement off the pitch. Generally speaking I think the AI can't deal with movement off the pitch, one of the reasons spin is so effective.

tailenderrecovery.exe was triggered (as seems to happen every time I play a test match).

View attachment 240937
I have the grand daddy of all tail end recoveries, suffice to say I was pretty annoyed at the end of the game when we lost lol, didn't play the game for a good month after this:
20200905194021_1.jpg

I have the grand daddy of all tail end recoveries, suffice to say I was pretty annoyed at the end of the game when we lost lol, didn't play the game for a good month after this:
View attachment 240959
It's usually why I end up binning off test matches half way through or play one every few months. Always feels like the same pattern. Openers start well, middle order collapses, tail end puts on another 100+.

It's usually why I end up binning off test matches half way through or play one every few months. Always feels like the same pattern. Openers start well, middle order collapses, tail end puts on another 100+.

ive genuinely not had this. Had some stubborn tailenders, Ambrose was a bitch to get out in 91 home series - he did score 1 50 but mostly just occupied a lot of balls but didn’t make much.

I’m in to test match number 26 now of the 90s play through. I’d honestly say that while there’s certainly been frustrations the play has been reasonably varied.

@wasteyouryouth @GuyIncognito I wasn’t tracking properly in the first 3 series vs WI, India and NZ, but in the following matches I have and these are my “tail ender” results, so this is over 13 matches. I also have all Hirwani’s stats for against India as he had null stats before.

Nothing too absurd here, certainly no regular tail ender big recovery inns.

Merv Hughes, 4 matches, 94 runs at 18.8, highest 40
Craig McDermott 5 matches 26 runs at 8.67 highest 11
Terry Alderman 5 matches 52 runs at 17.33 highest 27*
Carl Rackemann 1 match 11 runs at 5.5 highest 6
Bruce Reid 5 matches 28 runs at 7 highest 15
Narendra Hirwani 3 matches 35 runs at 11.67 highest 13
Malcolm Marshall 5 matches 179 runs at 22.38 highest 52
Curtley Ambrose 5 matches 197 runs at 24.63 highest 67
Courtney Walsh 5 matches 67 runs at 13.40 highest 23*
Patrick Patterson 5 matches 23 runs at 11.5 highest 8*
Danny Morrison 3 matches 91 runs at 45.5 highest 46* (avg distorted by 4 NO from 6 inns)
Chris Cairns 3 matches 37 runs at 6.17 highest 13
Willie Watson 2 matches 19 runs at 19 highest 16*
Murphy Sua 2 matches 34 runs at 11.33 highest 17
Chris Pringle 1 match 43 runs at 21.5 highest 30

I was just wondering whether I should plan to buy the PS5 along with a new game next year or delay it due to Covid . :facepalm:facepalm

Don't worry, I was just mucking about.

Seriously though, I'm guessing there will be some delay, they normally release around a week or two into the ashes. But with covid, we had a five month lockdown here in Melbourne with state border closures so I'm assuming that will impact development. Plus, with teams in bubbles, I don't know if BA could get access to players for new photos to update their player models. Time will tell I guess.[DOUBLEPOST=1608467311][/DOUBLEPOST]Finally, I have achieved peak Career Mode lol. Only to find out the 100 doesn't fit in the circle, my disappointment is immeasurable and night, ruined.

20201220231014_1.jpg

It looks as though the AI can’t compute lost overs when accounting a declaration. Had them bat right through the 4th day despite being 484 ahead by the end of it. I assume because the over count said there was still 19 left in what was really the day’s final over.

Just an off topic heads up, if you get the chance, not sure what it will be like in northern hemispheres, but tonight here at about 11pm AEDST (Monday Night) will be the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter, they will come within 25km of each and appear as a bright star, hasn't happened since 1657. Suffice to say its a once in a 500 year event. Definitely worth a look if you have clear skies, which I won't tonight - super pissed off atm lol. But check it out if you can, nobody since Galileo's time has seen this happen.

Wtf? I play on Legendary with AI strike rate on 70, wicket chance 35 and run rate at 20. The AI smashes the ball like they are playing ODI. I almost feel like starting from scratch because this is far from realistic. Any advice?

Wtf? I play on Legendary with AI strike rate on 70, wicket chance 35 and run rate at 20. The AI smashes the ball like they are playing ODI. I almost feel like starting from scratch because this is far from realistic. Any advice?

Lower the run rate. There seems to be a big difference between 20 and 15

Will check my settings but I’m pretty sure I have all that set to 50.

What’s the conditions, what’s the relative skill of the sides, are you bowling well?

There’s lots of reasons for different outcomes, people fiddle with settings to quickly.

Will check my settings but I’m pretty sure I have all that set to 50.

What’s the conditions, what’s the relative skill of the sides, are you bowling well?

There’s lots of reasons for different outcomes, people fiddle with settings to quickly.
If I keep settings on default I bowl out the AI cheaply. I played on Legendary since the release of the game and it’s the first time AI behave like that. Will go back to default after this match and test over 5 matches to see results. Thanks for the replies guys

If I keep settings on default I bowl out the AI cheaply. I played on Legendary since the release of the game and it’s the first time AI behave like that. Will go back to default after this match and test over 5 matches to see results. Thanks for the replies guys

i find it’s important not to set too much store by stuff happening once. There can be lots of reasons for it

Users who are viewing this thread