Cricket 19 General Discussion

I'm so mad with melbourne's weather and not being able to see the great conjunction I decided to torture myself to rid the anger and pain. I played cricket 19 with a keyboard.

Who makes best teams from early 2000’s? I know dale-toon made some nice ones from 80’s and 90’s

Quick question to the legends out here: The pitch affect on the game seems to be minimal in Cricket 19 when compared to Cricket 14...for ex. Green pitch on C14 would considerably assist in swinging the ball whereas dusty would hugely assist in turning the ball for the spinners however C19 pitches doesn't seem to have the same affect on the game (bowling wise).

Am I missing any pitch-related settings?

Thanks in advance!

@GuyIncognito @Dale88

Quick question to the legends out here: The pitch affect on the game seems to be minimal in Cricket 19 when compared to Cricket 14...for ex. Green pitch on C14 would considerably assist in swinging the ball whereas dusty would hugely assist in turning the ball for the spinners however C19 pitches doesn't seem to have the same affect on the game (bowling wise).

Thanks in advance!

@GuyIncognito @Dale88
There are a few I notice with pitch effects such as bounce and carry, soft pitches - edges don't carry. Green pitches, the seam movement slightly is more exaggerated. You can in custom settings up certain categories to help get more out of pitches, like friction, bounce, spin, bowl quality. I'd probably need to look over the options again to remind myself if there are a few more that could help, but custom sliders are still a mystery to me, some can't go over 60, some (like bowl quality) when set to 100 has minimal effect. Pitch friction is one I'm not really sure about the benefits of, which is why I wish BA would release some sort of guide on them.

The one thing that has no effect whatsoever is the climate (setting in stadium creator), apart from temperatures there are no real differences, ie: a tropical environment should encourage swing and reverse swing more than a temperate environment. Just another little thing in the game that when added to the other little issues makes me wonder if the next cricket game (in 2021 probably) will be a substantial improvement or just another slight bump in quality.

Don't worry, I was just mucking about.

Seriously though, I'm guessing there will be some delay, they normally release around a week or two into the ashes. But with covid, we had a five month lockdown here in Melbourne with state border closures so I'm assuming that will impact development. Plus, with teams in bubbles, I don't know if BA could get access to players for new photos to update their player models. Time will tell I guess.[DOUBLEPOST=1608467311][/DOUBLEPOST]Finally, I have achieved peak Career Mode lol. Only to find out the 100 doesn't fit in the circle, my disappointment is immeasurable and night, ruined.

View attachment 240972

Oh thanks.

:thumbs:thumbs

can somebody tell me how to download only uniform of a team without downloading player
Not possible unfortunately. You'll need to download as a custom team.

Thanks in advance!

@GuyIncognito @Dale88

Grass is definitely more useful for seam than swing - this is the “standard” delivery for pace bowlers.

It swings less when sunny than when cloudy.

Dusty pitches are good for spin. Any pitch type with cracks will spin more than the same one without.

I played my last match on a grassy/dry pitch in rain and this match a grassy/dry pitch in sun and this pitch is drying noticeably quicker - this was a subtlety I didn’t expect to see! (I don’t think I have a different pitch wear speed setting in each stadium, but it’s possible.)

In my experience the biggest issue with pitches is lack of deterioration over a test match. They basically flatten out as far as I can tell. If I played on a dusty cracked pitch in hot weather, I’d expect a really spicy pitch by days 4/5 but it doesn’t seem to be. A grassy dusty pitch intuitively feels like it should be lively but is probably the deadest of the lot. I once scored over 700 on days 3/4 of a test on a pitch like that, and I’m shite.

27 wides by Shane Warne in 3 overs. I remember someone logged a ticket for this issue to BA a long time ago. I don’t think they will fix this and would like to know if anyone have a fix for this. I could play without spinners but that would not be realistic.

27 wides by Shane Warne in 3 overs. I remember someone logged a ticket for this issue to BA a long time ago. I don’t think they will fix this and would like to know if anyone have a fix for this. I could play without spinners but that would not be realistic.

had a similar issue before with leg spinners or left armers round the wicket firing big leg side wides. was advised to up the AI bowl quality setting (i upped from 50 to 65) - this has drastically reduced it.

had a similar issue before with leg spinners or left armers round the wicket firing big leg side wides. was advised to up the AI bowl quality setting (i upped from 50 to 65) - this has drastically reduced it.
Also, if drift is set up 65 turn it down a notch. That solved the wide issues for me.

Users who are viewing this thread