Cricket 19 General Discussion

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Excellent video. Really captures the huge step up from AC17 to 19 and the work that’s gone into this
Agreed. If someone can do a similar stuff for batting shots comparison for AC17 and Cricket 19. It would be great

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
+1 for having the nets camera in the actual game, much prefer it. Also wish they would keep adding more bowling animations, can never be enough. Shoaib please!

THIS x1000, this is something i brought up for the last game I played DBC 17, the way the camera tracks the bowler coming in does not feel good for batting, much much prefer the rigid camera perfectly looking down the centre of the pitch looks and feels so much better. I suggest going in the nets and testing out how much better it is.

Last edited:

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Looks like around two-thirds of the Australian Domestic players have had their faces scanned, so I'd say in total around 170 players are licensed in game so far. All the main named players Aussie state players are licensed, it's only really the rookie players who haven't had face scans so not too worried.

Reactions: DAP

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yeah great video.
They should just keep adding new styles so far I am really happy with these new bowling styles.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi guys

Could anybody answer a couple of Career Mode questions please?

Firstly, is your player's age in the game? It wasn't in the last one was it? I remember in early games you could start at was it 16, 21, 26 and 31 or something like that. So will our player have an age?

Secondly, if I'm starting out in club cricket in Yorkshire, will it automatically be Yorkshire with whom I gain my first pro contract as has been the case previously?

Oh also, is club cricket still set up in blocks of 3-day, One-Day and T20 campaigns... and with amalgamated stats?

Sorry, a few demands there but any answers would be welcome.

Many, many thanks!

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi guys

Could anybody answer a couple of Career Mode questions please?

Firstly, is your player's age in the game? It wasn't in the last one was it? I remember in early games you could start at was it 16, 21, 26 and 31 or something like that. So will our player have an age?

Secondly, if I'm starting out in club cricket in Yorkshire, will it automatically be Yorkshire with whom I gain my first pro contract as has been the case previously?

Oh also, is club cricket still set up in blocks of 3-day, One-Day and T20 campaigns... and with amalgamated stats?

Sorry, a few demands there but any answers would be welcome.

Many, many thanks!
I also want to know about that age of the player thing, that was a good feature in DBC 14!

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I also want to know about that age of the player thing, that was a good feature in DBC 14!
They did have it to start with in Ashes Cricket I'm pretty sure, but removed it later on for some reason. You started your career at 18 in Ashes.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i'm loving the new bowling actions, thanks @passwordistaco for the vids and @Parcelmoose for the initial footage.

i'm interested in how different they will feel to face, can see them presenting interesting challenges.

also interesting to see if there's a material difference in playing with them, i.e. a more slingy/round-arm action, if you're early/late on release that should impact line a lot as well as length, whereas traditional actions the release timing should impact mainly length. and to know in general if there are impacts on accuracy, speed, or swing etc. by choosing a given action, or if they're purely cosmetic.

same of course for batting techniques - if there are implications for certain shots or areas being easier/harder to hit.

i may have missed it but i'm not sure if that's ever been explained?

Users who are viewing this thread