Cricket 19 General Discussion

dom2110

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I know that the gameplay we have seen today isn’t final but noticed in the video that there is no sign of the Aus t20 sides. Is there anyway that they might be missing from the game for some unknown reason

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Annoys me when people make their judgement off a game that isn’t released and most likely doesn’t have a day 1 patch attached. So many people are going to base their view on the game behind these shoddy videos

Reactions: DAP

TheHairyGamer88

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just a question is there any legal matter for getting the game early like could the person who stock the game get in a fair whack of trouble for breaking the date

Probably not, and even if there is, do you think BA in Australia have time to prosecute some distributor so far away? Just think about it.

Legal action? Probably not. However it could certainly limit them getting stock of future games. That is why a lot of places don't want to break street date. Not because of legal action, but limiting what they will get in the future. Could easily get a reputation for not sticking to it.

Reactions: DAP

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeh that true it not fair that the game comes out earlier next time big ant in the future should just send them on the Monday before realese and they get it later or something my guess know would be that Australians will have to wait till Tuesday which is fine as would rather have the day 1 patch than not there been multiple steam builds

Sahil180

Club Captain
I know that the gameplay we have seen today isn’t final but noticed in the video that there is no sign of the Aus t20 sides. Is there anyway that they might be missing from the game for some unknown reason
They don’t have licenses for big bash in cricket 19 I think if that’s what you’re taking about

dom2110

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
They don’t have licenses for big bash in cricket 19 I think if that’s what you’re taking about
No I am aware they don’t have Big Bash license however all the videos that I’ve seen, both demo and today didn’t have an Aus-T20 tab like India does in the team editor

OldMate87

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why don't people just be patient and wait 'till release date and then feel the satisfaction of going to a store and buying it/ getting it on PS Store?

OldMate87

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Also, I think they got a Sheffield Shield Licence

Kamran Abdul Aziz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Just Pre-Ordered from Amazon India ✌

Question: Why the game not available on PS Store for Pre Orders? Not a big fan of Discs.

D

Deleted member 185125

https://www.gamesradar.com/cricket-19-game-preview/

1. It's big on the pick-up-and-play factor

A huge part of Ashes Cricket’s appeal was its catch-all control system. The main facets of the real sport (batting, bowling, fielding) were each mimicked with initial simplicity – on PS4, tap circle to try to wallop a six – with myriad nuance on offer once you’d built up an understanding of delivery types and shot selection. That’s identical here. My human opponent is a relative novice, yet after losing a couple of cheap wickets he’s pinging shots over the boundary by the third over. I then have to use my experience of the previous game to vary my line and length and keep the score down. I win, but it goes to the wire.

In some cases it’s possible to see familiarity as a reason not to pick up a new sports game. There’ll be many who avoid FIFA 20 if it feels like the oft-criticised FIFA 19. Here, however, it’s a sensible call from Big Ant to bring an engine that already worked more-than-capably to a wider, predominantly UK audience.

2. The AI is a touch savvier… hopefully
Ahead of the company's fifth cricket game, Big Ant has been keen to press home its determination to make AI players mimic real sportsmen. On the evidence of my five-overs-per-team match against the CPU, it’s better, but not perfect. For instance, after I clip the first three balls of an over to the leg side to notch some easy runs, the AI bowls two deliveries outside the off stump, then throws in a yorker – seemingly its cunning response to me unearthing a sweet spot.

The flipside is its apparent inability to recognise the number of overs in the match. Even limited to 30 balls per team, it takes singles off the first two balls of its innings rather than immediately swinging for the fences. If not concerning, it is at least a touch curious, particularly when I overhaul its meagre score inside four overs.

3. Licensing shortfalls are easily overcome

The match I play between England and Australia looks the part, with accurate kits and recognisable faces – albeit not to the same level of detail as those found in EA or 2K titles. Flashing wickets when a player is bowled or stumped raises a smile, too. Er, unless it’s your stranded-on-49 opener. Yet a deeper concern from a visual standpoint is the issue of unlicensed teams – i.e. all those other than England and Oz.

As has become traditional, Big Ant solves this by enabling the community to customise and share names, faces and kits for every unlicensed player, effectively giving you instant access to ‘real’ versions of all major sides and most minor ones. It’s highly effective and, in a bonus for PC players, already live on Steam.

4. Scenario mode sounds tempting

One area of Cricket 19 I don’t get to experience is its new scenario mode, but development director Mike Merren insists that this will be the difference maker in moving the series forward.

“The biggest new feature is the scenario mode, where we’ve added the ability for people to add scorecards for famous matches in the past,” Merren tells The Xbox Hub. “You, the player, can then go in and change history. You can start the game at any point in the match then set a condition [such as] England needing 500 runs to win in a day. Then off you go. There are 13 different conditions to choose [from], based on famous scenarios from the history of the game. You can replay history for a whole match, or play a small part of the game that might only last 10 minutes – like [having to] get a wicket in the last over.”

5. It's coming to Switch too

Here’s another differentiator from the Big Ant offerings that have gone before: you’ll be able to play Cricket 19 on the go, as it’s coming to Nintendo Switch with all the same features as the more traditional versions. This will be the first cherry-whacking sim on a Ninty machine since Freddie Flintoff’s Power Play Cricket on DS in 2010 – a game so odd that it was possible to score 20 runs off a single stroke.

Users who are viewing this thread