Cricket 19 General Discussion

Nix71289

Club Captain
May be my question is stupid, but this is my first time with PS4 itself.

So I downloaded Cricket 19. In my download column was split into 2, 16GB and 36. The 16GB download is finished, but am not able to play games, it is just net practice. So should I wait for the full 36GB to be completed?
It's doing installation at the back end.! If you use the pause button it will show how much installation is done!! Once that's over you can play the game!

Etto

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Attachments

• ASHES.PNG
    ASHES.PNG
    265 KB · Views: 32

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yea, I noticed that. And only 5-6 teams in total, I guess it will change with the first patch!

There are 4 to 6 teams for each Zone. Western Zone has 6 teams - Gujarat, Saurashtra, Maharashtra, Mumbai, Baroda (and one more). Just started Indian career yesterday. Definitely feels a bit off (I preferred Ashes setup for Indian Career) - especially with some weird non-Indian names, non-Asian looking players in teams. Also, the bug about player appearance changing randomly. I have seen a different looking captain of my team in all 8-10 matches I have played so far. In terms of actual playing, it is pretty good though.

Idolmind2010

School Cricketer
Is there a way to increase the bowling speed? It feels like the ball takes quite a while to reach the batsman, a fast ball ideally should be testing your reflexes. Not a major turnoff, loving the game otherwise, but if this could be possible, may well be worth a try.

I can get Malinga to bowl 190km :D:D:D lightning

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yea, I noticed that. And only 5-6 teams in total, I guess it will change with the first patch!
If it doesn't I don't actually mind, because in India, people at 18 are playing cricket in first class.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Ok folks, I found out something rather interesting while trying to figure out how to trigger the back-foot glance shot. This may provide Big Ant more insight into the issue and may also help with other related concerns (line bowled by AI to left handers) listed in the Observations section below.

My settings:
I have the AI set at Legend difficulty with Bowling Quality bumped up to 55 from the default 50. And for Batting I'm using a custom difficulty based off of Medium difficulty level, and am using Classic control scheme. The games were played at Lord's and the pitch was Green/Dry and Pitch Hardness set to Medium.

Teams and Matches:
I played a series of odis against OOB England team (i.e. AI Bowling team is England) with various OOB teams (Aus, SA, Ind).

Observations:
1. It is infinitely easier to play a back-foot glance with a left-hander than a right-hander. In fact all of the back-foot glances I was able to play were with a user controlled left handed batsmen.

2. The way to trigger the shot is to face off against a right handed pacer bowling right handed over the wicket. Whenever the pacer bowled a short delivery (red circled one), I played a back foot shot with left stick pulled back and right stick directed towards fine leg. I found out that quite often the ball pitched outside the left hander's leg stump resulted in a back-foot glance.

3. Now this is the concerning part. I started noticing that right handed bowlers bowled almost every delivery on or outside the left hander's leg stump. Occasionally they might bowl an odd delivery on the stumps but there was hardly a delivery bowled in the channel outside off to a left hander by a right handed pacer from over the wicket. It was as if the right handed pacers were bowling in the channel to the right handers and didn't factor in that they were bowling to left handed batsmen and change their lines accordingly.

4. The right handed pacers bowled on or outside off to left handers when they started bowling round the stumps. And when they did that, the back-foot shots against short pitched deliveries (red circled ones) ended up being pull/hook stumps instead of the glance.

5. Maybe that's why it's difficult for right handers to play a back-foot glance as they come up against right handed pacers who bowl outside off to them and they barely get a short pitched delivery pitching outside leg stump. Maybe if a pacer bowls short pitched deliveries from round the stumps pitching outside the leg, they would be able to play back foot glances as well.

In summary, there are two items for Big Ant to investigate and hopefully address:
Item 1: Allow the back-foot glance shot to be triggered to deliveries other than those pitched outside leg stump. Maybe trigger the animation based on height of the delivery (chest height or lower) instead of just the line of the delivery.

Item 2: Tweak the right handed pacers so they bowl a better line to left handers from over the wicket. All the left handers I played with were able to milk the bowling and able to score easily as the deliveries were on or outside leg stumps most of the time.

I would love for others (@WealeyH , @blockerdave , @Dutch , @Rhone , @Llewelynf etc.) to try it out (maybe bat on Medium difficulty as a left hander against right handed pacers) and see whether everyone is getting similar results and there's a pattern. If these findings are consistent for everyone, it should make things easier for Big Ant to fix. I'm very curious to see what results others get.

The right handed line... is now I more infuriating corridor of uncertainty !

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The right handed line... is now I more infuriating corridor of uncertainty !

I do want this being down to skills and perks as much as “scripted”... I mean the bowlers should perhaps TRY and bowl in the corridor, but not everyone should be hitting it consistently if their mentality, skills and perks don’t support it

Kass D

County Cricketer
By far the best cricket simulator ever released. There are few glitches but after all it's a game . And maybe we will get a patch somewhere down the line making things even better. I am finding timing bit tricky then ashes so yet to win a single match. But to be fair I am playing on legend difficulty

Pcuser

Club Captain
hmm PC demo update

Screenshot-47.jpg

Rhone

International Cricketer
Ok folks, I found out something rather interesting while trying to figure out how to trigger the back-foot glance shot. This may provide Big Ant more insight into the issue and may also help with other related concerns (line bowled by AI to left handers) listed in the Observations section below.

My settings:
I have the AI set at Legend difficulty with Bowling Quality bumped up to 55 from the default 50. And for Batting I'm using a custom difficulty based off of Medium difficulty level, and am using Classic control scheme. The games were played at Lord's and the pitch was Green/Dry and Pitch Hardness set to Medium.

Teams and Matches:
I played a series of odis against OOB England team (i.e. AI Bowling team is England) with various OOB teams (Aus, SA, Ind).

Observations:
1. It is infinitely easier to play a back-foot glance with a left-hander than a right-hander. In fact all of the back-foot glances I was able to play were with a user controlled left handed batsmen.

2. The way to trigger the shot is to face off against a right handed pacer bowling right handed over the wicket. Whenever the pacer bowled a short delivery (red circled one), I played a back foot shot with left stick pulled back and right stick directed towards fine leg. I found out that quite often the ball pitched outside the left hander's leg stump resulted in a back-foot glance.

3. Now this is the concerning part. I started noticing that right handed bowlers bowled almost every delivery on or outside the left hander's leg stump. Occasionally they might bowl an odd delivery on the stumps but there was hardly a delivery bowled in the channel outside off to a left hander by a right handed pacer from over the wicket. It was as if the right handed pacers were bowling in the channel to the right handers and didn't factor in that they were bowling to left handed batsmen and change their lines accordingly.

4. The right handed pacers bowled on or outside off to left handers when they started bowling round the stumps. And when they did that, the back-foot shots against short pitched deliveries (red circled ones) ended up being pull/hook stumps instead of the glance.

5. Maybe that's why it's difficult for right handers to play a back-foot glance as they come up against right handed pacers who bowl outside off to them and they barely get a short pitched delivery pitching outside leg stump. Maybe if a pacer bowls short pitched deliveries from round the stumps pitching outside the leg, they would be able to play back foot glances as well.

In summary, there are two items for Big Ant to investigate and hopefully address:
Item 1: Allow the back-foot glance shot to be triggered to deliveries other than those pitched outside leg stump. Maybe trigger the animation based on height of the delivery (chest height or lower) instead of just the line of the delivery.

Item 2: Tweak the right handed pacers so they bowl a better line to left handers from over the wicket. All the left handers I played with were able to milk the bowling and able to score easily as the deliveries were on or outside leg stumps most of the time.

I would love for others (@WealeyH , @blockerdave , @Dutch , @Rhone , @Llewelynf etc.) to try it out (maybe bat on Medium difficulty as a left hander against right handed pacers) and see whether everyone is getting similar results and there's a pattern. If these findings are consistent for everyone, it should make things easier for Big Ant to fix. I'm very curious to see what results others get.

You findings mirrored mine. I only tried with RHB but the shot would only ever trigger at short balls fired wide of leg stump.

Users who are viewing this thread