Cricket 19 General Discussion

Set Up Shop

Banned
I was thinking about how BA could improve the AI against spin in ODIs. I absolutely love batting and pace bowling but currently I'm a little frustrated with ODI's as it's too easy to slow the scoring rate imo - I've tried messing with the sliders and changing the difficulties but it's still very rare to have economies over 4 with spinners.
  • Bring back more power to the sweep shot. I'm not saying a return to ashes level of almost guaranteed boundary on every AI sweep but currently the power is mostly a pathetic dribble to the off side. Perhaps it's power should be treated the same as aggressive ground shots? It's also strange because in first class/test the sweep is an effective shot for the AI.
  • The AI needs to be smarter at hitting gaps - they hit mid wicket and cover too often and don't rotate the strike enough.
  • Improve hitting down the ground - usually there would be either mid-off or mid-on up. A good timing shot should clear these for a relatively easy boundary (obviously a little bit of risk would be required.)
Any other thoughts would be appreciated!

I agree, the AI’s inability against spinners is close to gamebreaking. They can’t score at more than 3 an over against them in any format. This is an understated issue that’s been present in BA games for a long time now. Makes for some boring middle overs.

D

Deleted member 9102

Have you got the game? It is good. I think you will enjoy it. It is the best game of the lot and that’s without a massive patch 6 months down the line. BA continue to support the game which is great as the game can get even better:thumbs
I'm completely uninterested in this game as long as the bowling is like 17/Ashes. What is the length error like? Can any part time bowler constantly hit your requested length every time like in 17/Ashes?

D

Deleted member 9102

He is a troll...ignore him
How am I trolling? Asking a simple question about game mechanics... May as well call this a "love-in" rather than a "discussion" thread if such questions are simply disregarded as trolling.

Would rather someone gave a straight answer than aimlessly read threads, watch videos etc to try and find out...

Last edited by a moderator:

akshay3677

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why is the 'Manage Games' feature locked? :noway

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I actually think first slip is bugged. Just had a chest high edge to him and he stayed squatting down and let the ball hit him full in the face, while the keeper dived headlong into him. See below for spot the ball challenge!

View attachment 222934

I literally never have a 1st slip, always start at 2nd. Keeper will always get anything in 1st slip area anyway

Rhone

International Cricketer
I literally never have a 1st slip, always start at 2nd. Keeper will always get anything in 1st slip area anyway

Yeah I know but I've been leaving him in there in the hope he will take a catch, but he remains immobile for anything that comes in his direction. Second slip or keeper always go for edges that should be his.

I agree that edge play is superb in this iteration...but it could still be better of first slip wasn't a spectator! It's ever so slightly immersion breaking and I do hope it can be tweaked!

@WealeyH hope you have seen a build with him snaffling a couple !!!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm completely uninterested in this game as long as the bowling is like 17/Ashes. What is the length error like? Can any part time bowler constantly hit your requested length every time like in 17/Ashes?

The bowling is very similar to Ashes/DBC 17 and not like DBC 14. IMO the biggest improvement in this iteration has been on the batting side of things and addition of Scenario mode. Plus you have more customization options and more variety in edges.

zafar_sheikh

Club Captain
Jus saw an interesting thing while playing.... While batting I was jus diving while running on every 2nd ball then a msg displayed that my batsman's elbow is torned... He was still batting bt his confidence\stamina meter deplited to none... WOW!!!

D

Deleted member 9102

The bowling is very similar to Ashes/DBC 17 and not like DBC 14. IMO the biggest improvement in this iteration has been on the batting side of things and addition of Scenario mode. Plus you have more customization options and more variety in edges.
Thanks for the quick summary - a lot of aspects sound promising in this iteration, but bowling mechanics are too important for me to look past.

I guess I'll be back to ask this question next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Playing my first ashes test, maiden test hundred for Tim Paine. David Warner celebration from him as well as he reaches the 100, an absolute treat to watch. Hopefully the same happens in the actual ashes in the coming months :p

khan31

International Coach
Thanks for the quick summary - a lot of aspects sound promising in this iteration, but bowling mechanics are too important for me to look past.

I guess I'll be back to ask this question next year.

I hardly see any difference between pressing (or holding) R1 or L1 to adjust length tbh. 'Full' is just up there to be driven. 'Yorker' is just a full toss asking to be slapped.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

I will upload a pitch map - it’s significantly better than dbc17/ashes in that you are not seeing those distinct “lines” of 90+% of balls landing on one of a few predetermined lengths. Release timing appears to have more of an effect though it’s not the prime determinant as in dbc14

This is comfortably a better game than any of the others, though like all BA cricket games it’s also riddled with sloppy bullshit mostly around things not loading properly after a save.

Users who are viewing this thread