Cricket 19 General Discussion

Sahil70

Club Captain
Guyz I think we are expecting too much from a company like big ant it is really tough to make a sports game especially cricket and big ant isn't that big of a company

That isn't a good enough excuse. Some of the things like bouncer wides/legside shot animation were much better in ashes cricket, so how can you go back and stuff it up again in the next edition. Would think that what worked and was fine would be carried on and other things that were not, worked upon to improve but no that is not the case. Another thing which is extremely annoying is the field setting section for player. Quite often it seems to have a mind of its own. I set a field, and for some reason it just changes it to something else. Sometimes just going in to the field setting area and without even doing any changes when you get out , bingo field is changed . Also when you save a game, exit and go back later, the field you left the game with is changed. Don't know why this has been introduced in this game, something that wasn't a feature previously.

And please bring back some more cut scenes like players walking off at breaks and close of play, 5 wicket acknowledgement by the bowler. These were kind of cool to have. Don't know why they have mysteriously vanished.

Last edited:

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After playing 2-3 seasons of career mode I feel exhausted. In comparison I played a lot seasons (7-8 I guess) in DBC14.

D

Deleted member 185125

Anybody please help, how to play a step down grounded shot? all my shots are going through the air even if i press the ground shot/attacking shot button instead off the lofted shot button.

Had reported this right after the demo came out. Probably another quick fix and maybe it didn't get the focus.

tosser182

Club Captain
Video replays can clearly show the bat in the crease when the bails come off but run outs are still being given?. This wasn't an issue in previous games from what I remember.

tosser182

Club Captain
Yep. Plus 14 byes which could have probably been at least 20 but I didn’t bother running for several

Reminds me of Brian Lara 96 playing on a hard pitch and having to let bouncers hit the batsman's head, as missing the shot was a guaranteed four behind. Can't say I've had the issue on this game yet though.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Any tips on how to download a comprehensive creation of the Indian domestic system for career mode?

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Thank you! Will do.

Also, does anyone have any idea how to get a picture of you to work when creating your rookie player for career mode? I keep attaching an image, but I don't see any difference with the face.

Dracos

County Cricketer
Anybody please help, how to play a step down grounded shot? all my shots are going through the air even if i press the ground shot/attacking shot button instead off the lofted shot button.

And how to assign bat to a player? how to apply helmet to a player in edit mode?

What controls are you using? I'm on classic and I that is pretty much the only advanced shot that has connected for me so far. I press the advanced shot trigger before the bowler bowls and then a normal front foot defensive stroke plays a nice advanced defence shot. I got this on PC in a casual game.

Dracos

County Cricketer
Communication from BA was on a different level during the days of DBC 14. Since then it has gradually reduced and now we mostly receive information from beta testers but despite their efforts, they can only provide so much information. DBC 14 had great support after release. Sadly it doesn't look like the following games had that level of support, looking at all the bugs were left behind for a different game or a new release. I'm hoping they focus on resolving as many issues in this game as possible before moving to other projects. Or at the very least have the courtesy to let us know that this game will no longer be worked on. I know BA doesn't owe us these things, but these things are what made BA stand out in the first place, if they lose those qualities, then they start becoming like anyone else.

tosser182

Club Captain
What controls are you using? I'm on classic and I that is pretty much the only advanced shot that has connected for me so far. I press the advanced shot trigger before the bowler bowls and then a normal front foot defensive stroke plays a nice advanced defence shot. I got this on PC in a casual game.

An advanced block? Dracos, you had my curiousity, now you have my attention.

zerosun9

Club Cricketer
There's only 6 actions available in game and one is Malinga's, the most unique of all? Not a smart decision. Style 1 is equally unusable.

I hope they add some more. Feel like there so many better choices than Malinga.

D

Deleted member 185125

There is the advanced lofted and defensive but the missing one is advanced grounded, since day one.
And AI never plays advanced shots.

Dracos

County Cricketer
There is the advanced lofted and defensive but the missing one is advanced grounded, since day one.
And AI never plays advanced shots.
An advanced block? Dracos, you had my curiousity, now you have my attention.
I have tried this in training ground and one casual match. None of the other advanced shots connected for me, but the advanced block was perfect every time. I'll try to get a video of it next time.

Users who are viewing this thread