Cricket 19 General Discussion

Dracos

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@chintoo02018 I don't get why the ball lands so close to the bat after a defensive shot, every cricket game has this problem. The ball should come off the bat at speed...
I think this has been a problem since Ashes 17. It was even worse in that game where I recall the ball just dropping dead under the bat sometimes. I thought it was better in this game, but yeah it is something that needs to be tweaked.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Singles on every defense to be looked into @Dutch

Personally I dont feel thats something to be looked into because isnt that how batsman rotate strike in real life too? Dab and run.. If you get a field where there's short cover then you wouldnt be able to but since its the slips who would be fielding that it turns out as a single.. Also if you are persistent on pressing the sprint trigger it doesnt have the essence of calculated run, just personal opinion not that its something which one shouldnt but for me its about whether I would be able to take a normal run playing into the gap which is what I like to calculate ofcourse along with the drag bat in pressing the trigger and end of the run..

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Personally I dont feel thats something to be looked into because isnt that how batsman rotate strike in real life too? Dab and run.. If you get a field where there's short cover then you wouldnt be able to but since its the slips who would be fielding that it turns out as a single.. Also if you are persistent on pressing the sprint trigger it doesnt have the essence of calculated run, just personal opinion not that its something which one shouldnt but for me its about whether I would be able to take a normal run playing into the gap which is what I like to calculate ofcourse along with the drag bat in pressing the trigger and end of the run..

I agree I don’t think this is a problem.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
I agree I don’t think this is a problem.
Please let know if AI bowler instead of trying to run out giving bowl to wicket keeper , this need be tweek
Slip bowler running to take placedpbowl instead of near standing bowler
Check how in real cricket handles this thing

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
What do you suggest as a solution?

1 place ai fielder short leg or silly point
2 optimize algo for bowl pickup suppose fielder near to bowl more preferable to pick the bowl when batsman place the bowl
3 try to hit the bowl to stump and try to run out the batsman from bowler instead of giving to keeper every time
4 slow motion pickup of bowler instead to quick pick of bowl from bowler

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah AI field placings is the area of highest priority left still after the patch. Hope they look into it.

Yup and AI choose Custom Fields setting is still having issue. Fields are not spread when this check box is ticked.

Patch look fantastic , few more fixes and this game will be a Gem. All Time Best!

Advanced Ground Shots by stepping out of crease needs to be fixed as well. @MattW

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
1 place ai fielder short leg or silly point
2 optimize algo for bowl pickup suppose fielder near to bowl more preferable to pick the bowl when batsman place the bowl
3 try to hit the bowl to stump and try to run out the batsman from bowler instead of giving to keeper every time
4 slow motion pickup of bowler instead to quick pick of bowl from bowler
1.)Would prefer short cover or short mid wicket..

2.)Maybe its a camera change thing.. I play on close cam and usually its the bowler who picks it up for me..

3.)I think thats been made to avoid those unnecessary overthrows which were really high before.. You could basically trigger the bowler of fielder to throw when you are actually safe and make them overthrow, thats been removed with the throw to WK or bowler..

4.)Slow motion pickup is something I picked up on and wanted some better reaction to it along with the feel of defend and run happen way too often.. But I dont feel its something to be prioritised since it does make AI score those singles and rotate strike better..

Sahil70

Club Captain
It appears the field setting bug where the field placements kept getting changed for user has been fixed, which is very pleasing.
Fielding , while it is much better, would have been great if user's team fielders threw at the stumps more so , rather than to the keeper or bowler. That split second allows AI batsmen to make ground, when there is potential for run out.AI fielders tend to hit stumps from anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread