Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hello all

I am a cricket fanatic and have just downloaded Cricket 19 because... covid-19 right. I’ve always been intrigued by the idea of making up players, doing AI v AI games in conjunction with real life games and recording the stats. I’ve been reading through this forum and @Langeveldt has caught my eye. I think Cricket 19 would work perfectly for this concept.

So basically all I’m asking for is the best settings to play on for AI v AI and what skills the players should be. Also Langeveldt has mentioned something about collecting records/stats. Wondering if I could have a squiz at that?

Cheers

I have it on in the background while I work. I have to type an awful lot and I like something to focus on.

Cricket 19 very much doesn't work perfectly in this regard, but it provides me with something to look at.

I use software called Cricket Statz from an Australian Company called Red Axe or something, give it a Google.

I do not play test matches as there is an absolute lack of ring and outfield catches, which is gamebreaking to me. Despite evidence of some of these going on, I don't think I have ever seen one in C19, not for numerous builds anyway.

I sim ODIs and a custom 100 over a side format. I have a log table on Excel where currently nearly every side has played about four games. I might do a world cup later this year.

Pro difficulty, bounce 30, bowling speeds 60 and 70, striker timing 40.

Here is a breakdown of stats from all the players. I think it's a pretty good setup. The only real annoyance I have are the excessive runouts (I save scum if I see it happen), and the fact that tailenders can slog the ball too easily in the death overs.

I use Wasteyouryouth's teams and lightly re-skill them to fit what I think goes best. There is a lot of interpretation.

I've in the past bowled as both teams occasionally too, to play the game yet eliminate bias. I just don't find batting satisfying because there is too fine a line to being able to dominante totally and edging every ball to the keeper off the spinner, I just don't have the time to sit and play all these series that I want to.

Attached are stats from all the players in all formats. (I used to play tests before I worked out the lack of ring and outfield catches).

Attachments

• Total Players.txt
    19.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Oh god! There’s now two of you!!! ;)

It'll catch on when there is no real sport to watch ;) I've been simming Plymouth Argyle's remaining matches in the football league and streaming them to a doting audience. We'd have been promoted!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It'll catch on when there is no real sport to watch ;) I've been simming Plymouth Argyle's remaining matches in the football league and streaming them to a doting audience. We'd have been promoted!

The social distancing cup streaming has been fun, but there’s forum involvemt and I have a team so it’s a bit different. I don’t think I could just watch it to have something on... I’d rather stream old cricket from YouTube

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
Can anyone help me upload a couple of logos on the academy? I've tried the sub channel without any response :(

I've tried to create the logo on PS4, but having no luck with it. I'm wondering if someone on PC can kindly upload them for me.

Many thanks.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can anyone help me upload a couple of logos on the academy? I've tried the sub channel without any response :(

I've tried to create the logo on PS4, but having no luck with it. I'm wondering if someone on PC can kindly upload them for me.

Many thanks.

worth actually posting the logos up mate so we know what you’re on about. If they are simple then I’m sure someone will do it

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
worth actually posting the logos up mate so we know what you’re on about. If they are simple then I’m sure someone will do it

Here is one I have to hand (Sweden's cricket team logo).

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Here is one I have to hand (Sweden's cricket team logo).

Logos need to be in svg mate. I’d suspect that one might be overly complex, which would mean either it couldn’t be uploaded or would need a fair bit of tweaking by whomever tried to upload it by removing points. Not as simple as just uploading it

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
@blockerdave Thank you re: file type, I wasn't aware. Appreciate that if it isn't possible to do quickly, then that's understandable. I really hoped this was already included!

Also, .svg files are unavailable to upload on this forum for some reason.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
@blockerdave Thank you re: file type, I wasn't aware. Appreciate that if it isn't possible to do quickly, then that's understandable. I really hoped this was already included!

Also, .svg files are unavailable to upload on this forum for some reason.
Legend... at least we know it’s possible..

I also wonder if scripting is taking place again seeing as the fielder is set back..

Just wanted to report that yesterday I was playing a 50 over game in the league that I run. I often just simulate the bowling until the last few overs when my opponent is chasing. Yesterday, in the 48th over, I was bowling my legspinner and the batsman danced down at me twice, both times not quite getting hold of the shot and getting a single both times. I was gobsmacked and replayed it several times just to check I had not imagined it.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Having watched a lot of AI v AI matches in the last few days. I wonder if the dancing down is somewhat determined by field settings.

Both from AI v AI and my own playing experience; they frequently play fancy cut shots into gaps behind square or pulls around to a long leg gap. When I've bowled the AI will frequently find a gap and the shots do not always seem realistic (e.g. Reverse sweep /switch hits through a deep extra cover gap).

Be interested to know what fields people have when it happens.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Having watched a lot of AI v AI matches in the last few days. I wonder if the dancing down is somewhat determined by field settings.

Both from AI v AI and my own playing experience; they frequently play fancy cut shots into gaps behind square or pulls around to a long leg gap. When I've bowled the AI will frequently find a gap and the shots do not always seem realistic (e.g. Reverse sweep /switch hits through a deep extra cover gap).

Be interested to know what fields people have when it happens.

Can't remember the exact field, but it was one of my own design and would have had 5 men out on the boundary.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Against spin, I really miss user and AI batsmen being able to use their feet just to knock the ball around, and the tactical aspect of trying to disturb a spinner's length and induce short deliveries for cuts and pulls.

Against off spin particularly, just taking a little bit of a stroll to an off stump line and working the ball either side of midwicket is generally quite safe and productive, and without it I feel a bit stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread