Cricket 19 General Discussion

drastsab

Club Captain
When the crashes started happening, I was really hoping for a quick fix patch. But, this is the best thing that’s happened. The moment I saw the update being 500 MB+ I was so excited. Thanks BA.
Can’t wait to try advanced shots!
Update size is 15 mb bro

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
What was to be done : reduce 30 40 % timing window when a batsman shuffle in crease so that it's difficult to time on all leg after shuffle on off

What has been done : a brick wall + shot power 60 % reduced ....

Fail.

D

Dutch

What was to be done : reduce 30 40 % timing window when a batsman shuffle in crease so that it's difficult to time on all leg after shuffle on off

What has been done : a brick wall + shot power 60 % reduced ....

Fail.
Dont play it then. Your comment adds nothing to any useful discussion apart from blanket statementing everything in the patch. Is it really just one big fail?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This restriction explains why my batsman kept going inside the crease even when I was trying to move him to the offside. While it does seem slightly annoying a couple of times in the T20s which I play, I don't mind this if it allows for better balancing of the AI and in online games as someone remarked. Too much freedom can easily result in a tougher job to balance everything IMO.

D

Dutch

This restriction explains why my batsman kept going inside the crease even when I was trying to move him to the offside. While it does seem slightly annoying a couple of times in the T20s which I play, I don't mind this if it allows for better balancing of the AI and in online games as someone remarked. Too much freedom can easily result in a tougher job to balance everything IMO.
Its an attempt to close a cheat possibility in the game rather than destroy cricket as we know it.[DOUBLEPOST=1602607885][/DOUBLEPOST]We have to accept that AI can only be expected to be able to do so much. Bottom line is is that in needs some boundaries to be able to operate in otherwise it is simply overwhelmed and outthought by anything a human player can do.

chaman82

County Cricketer
Dont play it then. Your comment adds nothing to any useful discussion apart from blanket statementing everything in the patch. Is it really just one big fail?

A big fail..... yes indeed ....big ant Will resolve it though..

chaman82

County Cricketer
Again you dont explain what the fail is. If you were to say I cant move the bat anymore because of the crease limitations okay you would perhaps have a point. It just means you will need to adapt again and play a game a little bit more as in RL
Raised a complaint with the developers..

Going thru the proper route...

Don't get hyper

Subject : Failed

Last edited:

Haseeb Ahmed Mohammed

Club Cricketer
Idk man Big Ant takes one step forward and multiple steps back. If they don’t resolve all the issues for the next game then I am going to discontinue buying Cricket games from them. It’s just sad even after so many tries they still can’t get it right.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are people in arms over the invisible wall thing? I understand that it is a slight annoyance but if it allows a better match experience then it is totally worth it. I've been critical of BA in the past but this is not a bug, it is a featured working as intended! What I would like to see in addition in future games if this restriction persists is a couple of extra special shots like the move across leg-side to flick it onside that is becoming increasingly common and the inside out shot to third man. The shots that are played ingame can also be divided further into separate attribute sections so that we could have someone who is very strong with the leg-side drive but does not have a good cover drive.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Are people in arms over the invisible wall thing? I understand that it is a slight annoyance but if it allows a better match experience then it is totally worth it. I've been critical of BA in the past but this is not a bug, it is a featured working as intended! What I would like to see in addition in future games if this restriction persists is a couple of extra special shots like the move across leg-side to flick it onside that is becoming increasingly common and the inside out shot to third man. The shots that are played ingame can also be divided further into separate attribute sections so that we could have someone who is very strong with the leg-side drive but does not have a good cover drive.
I agree that some kind of premedtiated movement, during the bowler run up, would be a good addition. But honestly, if people are upset they can't do this (see attachment in Sherry's post below), because BA have closed an exploit then they need to git gud (I say that as someone who is not gud).

Leg side shots to be nerfed. Especially online.
Practically impossible to find a match online without the opponent batting next to off side wide line/marker.[DOUBLEPOST=1594502728][/DOUBLEPOST]And the same with medium pacers. It's too OP at the moment.

View attachment 234416
Sure, Im the hyper one here. Cool. Good luck.
Tyrannical mod. You will be first against the wall when the soul insouration begins.

Users who are viewing this thread