Cricket 19 General Discussion

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Last 3 days I only played T20 matches and found that when the AI bats more than 90% of edges find the gaps and goes to the boundary. We had this issue in previous patches and now it’s back. I play on Legendary with only the run rate slider changed to 80 and physics bowling speed 60 min 61 max. The rest is all default. I like the patch when playing test matches but prefer the previous patch with T20. I don’t mind it being more difficult to bat with the new patch, the problem is how the AI behave when they chase down a score. It’s either the edges that flies to the boundary or your fielders that behaves like retards so that the AI can score easy runs.

Yes, the edges seem to go up during death overs just like real life when the batsmen are having a go at almost anything. Putting fielders behind the slips could help.

Joel88thrum

School Cricketer
Hey guys, I've gotten into CPU v CPU games, odi generally

Basically I like to create completely custom teams, using different styles and tactics and see who wins.

Generally, as a rule of thumb the teams have to be rated below 78, with a bat/bowl/field rating of no more than 85 for any of them.
That way there's no God teams, and you have to be a little frugal with your lineup, make some tactical selections.

Would love to be able to have some sort of cup or knockout comp if I could get teams, possibly a stream.

Anyone got a team that I can download to challenge?
Or if anyone would like to check mine out, i am joel88thrum (ps4)

Open to ideas or suggestions!

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Just played a humdinger of a game.

Was an ODI and I was 44-5 but couple of fifty partnerships got me to 188 but left about 13 overs unused.

They were 80-2 and 129-4 but I won by 15 runs. Despite dropping top scorer, catching ball and stepping over the boundary and atrocious fielding from fatigued pace bowlers.

Was second ODI against opposition so had an idea what to expect. Enjoying the ‘new’ game. Feels more like DBC games, much more competitive. Got too easy pre patch (I’m on hardest). Doing crap in Tests but won a T20I off last ball too. Got a lad out in nineties off a no ball in Tests who then made a ton too.

Finding it all a lot more real but an edge to the keeper off a pace bowler (When bowling) is still an absolute thrill in this game.

Created another team with new kits. It’s great what we can do, create stadiums etc. Okay so my knackered bowlers fielding efforts are a bit silly and I really don’t think the catching (Which button to press) has ever worked properly but boy I’m glad they make this game. The twists and turns in my last ODI were great!

Slowly improving with bat (Famous last words!) since patch. Gonna try experiment a bit more though. That’s what not whacking everything behind square on leg side will make you do!

Oh... Wales against USA incase you’re wondering!

iamnoman07

School Cricketer
Hi, I have just bought cricket 19 recently, played a couple of hours, then this game all of sudden started to have colour issues, Everything else works perfectly fine, all the menu colours, Score HUD etc etc, but the gameplay has only Brownish, White and Black colours only.

Please find the screenshots attached.

I have got a lot of other games, and they also work perfectly fine, as I mentioned, initially it worked perfectly in the first couple of hours, then it started to show this issue.

Screenshots:
https://i.imgur.com/vFkaDMm.png
https://i.imgur.com/HGuVwic.png

My PC specs are:

i9 9900k
RTX 2080 Super
32 GB RAM

I have all the updated versions of the drivers.

Any help would be great, i have also pinged Big Ant for help, waiting for their reply too. If i learn something from them i will post it here.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Hi, I have just bought cricket 19 recently, played a couple of hours, then this game all of sudden started to have colour issues, Everything else works perfectly fine, all the menu colours, Score HUD etc etc, but the gameplay has only Brownish, White and Black colours only.

Please find the screenshots attached.

I have got a lot of other games, and they also work perfectly fine, as I mentioned, initially it worked perfectly in the first couple of hours, then it started to show this issue.

Screenshots:
https://i.imgur.com/vFkaDMm.png
https://i.imgur.com/HGuVwic.png

My PC specs are:

i9 9900k
RTX 2080 Super
32 GB RAM

I have all the updated versions of the drivers.

Any help would be great, i have also pinged Big Ant for help, waiting for their reply too. If i learn something from them i will post it here.

Have you not just turned on one of the filters?

iamnoman07

School Cricketer
Have you not just turned on one of the filters?
Thanks guys, i have now fixed it, Just need to go to Settings > General Settings > Camera Settings > Filters. I have now changed it back to Default and it works like a charm. You guys are legends. thanks you very much. Have a good weekend.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys, I'll be disappearing for a while (probably have to euthanize my cat next week), so I'll see you around. If I'm not back before Christmas, then Merry Christmas, and hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

Mrakh

School Cricketer
I just discovered a pretty major issue when playing a First Class match which is a mistake in programming:

Team 1 made 250 batting first, Team 2 made 500 in response, Team 1 then had to bat out a day trailing by 300, they made 250/8 when the maximum overs for the game elapsed. The correct result in this situation IRL is a Draw - however the game recorded the result as Team 1 wins by an innings and runs, I’m guessing because Team 2 was still trailing.

I was actually pretty gutted as I’m playing a realistic Sheffield Shield season and wanted a Draw, but the game now has this incorrectly recorded as a result.

D

Deleted member 185125

Online gameplay ( quick matches) have gotten a lot better with the recent changes.
There are few bugs still present in the game, hopefully BA can look into in a future patch. If not, in the next version of the game.
  • Same batsman coming back on strike after taking a single, on instances where there is DRS review discussion cut scene.
  • Lofted shots to square leg being called a bouncer though it's nowhere near a bouncer. Happens even when a spinner is bowling. (Results in a free hit atm when the bug happens twice in an over).
  • High percentage of byes especially on bouncers
  • Over powered medium bowlers. Difficult to time when compared to other bowling types. Should be opposite as in real life.
In addition, would be nice if-
  • The wicket keeper stops diving when the ball is nowhere near him
  • AI could play advanced shots.
  • Fielders uses bowling arm to throw.
  • Missing an advanced shot could result in a stumping. (Batsman makes quick unrealistic turn atm)
  • Better leg side lofted shot animation (square leg to mid wicket area) most of the time the glance kinda animation gets triggered atm. And cut shot against spinners that can connect without missing the ball by a mile.
And specifically for next iteration-(not in any particular order)
  • Overhaul in fielding (nothing is worth retaining)
  • Front foot no ball for spinners
  • Pitch and Weather conditions to have clear impact on ball physics (swing, spin etc) and batting/bowling difficulty
  • More array of shots including ramp shot, upper cut and better cut shots and sweep shots.
  • More bowling styles especially spin.
  • Improved stadium creator and crowd options.
  • Ability to run on Overthrows even after hitting the wickets.
  • Ability to map controller buttons (custom)
Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.

Mrakh

School Cricketer
Was there an update recently?

Previously I had found a really good balance with sliders to bowl to AI in Test and First Class, where run rates are low and more importantly the batsmen don’t constantly find gaps, but the last week the AI batting in Tests and First Class has gotten unplayable unrealistic to me, no matter what I do at least once per over the AI batsman will find a gap and get either 3-4, even when I go so extreme as to have Batsman timing at 30 or less, AI run rate at ZERO, they’re still finding that gap, the biggest culprit shot is a back foot cover driver that no matter what field you have somehow will sneak through cover and mid-off, and it just won’t stop - it’s become gamebreaking to me and now I’m only batting - I swear it wasn’t like this until recently.

Sahil70

Club Captain
Online gameplay ( quick matches) have gotten a lot better with the recent changes.
There are few bugs still present in the game, hopefully BA can look into in a future patch. If not, in the next version of the game.
  • Same batsman coming back on strike after taking a single, on instances where there is DRS review discussion cut scene.
  • Lofted shots to square leg being called a bouncer though it's nowhere near a bouncer. Happens even when a spinner is bowling. (Results in a free hit atm when the bug happens twice in an over).
  • High percentage of byes especially on bouncers
  • Over powered medium bowlers. Difficult to time when compared to other bowling types. Should be opposite as in real life.
In addition, would be nice if-
  • The wicket keeper stops diving when the ball is nowhere near him
  • AI could play advanced shots.
  • Fielders uses bowling arm to throw.
  • Missing an advanced shot could result in a stumping. (Batsman makes quick unrealistic turn atm)
  • Better leg side lofted shot animation (square leg to mid wicket area) most of the time the glance kinda animation gets triggered atm. And cut shot against spinners that can connect without missing the ball by a mile.
And specifically for next iteration-(not in any particular order)
  • Overhaul in fielding (nothing is worth retaining)
  • Front foot no ball for spinners
  • Pitch and Weather conditions to have clear impact on ball physics (swing, spin etc) and batting/bowling difficulty
  • More array of shots including ramp shot, upper cut and better cut shots and sweep shots.
  • More bowling styles especially spin.
  • Improved stadium creator and crowd options.
  • Ability to run on Overthrows even after hitting the wickets.
  • Ability to map controller buttons (custom)
Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.

good wishlist, one can only hope to see many or any of it

Users who are viewing this thread