Cricket 2002 and Windows 2003

B

Brabbit

Hi
Does anyone know if cricket 2002 will work on Windows 2003? I'm really struggling to get it to work. I was able to install it - no problem, but when it comes to running the game it just kicks me out - doesn't even go to the "EA Sports" logo in the beginning. I wasn't sure if this is because of W2k3 or my video card (which I've also recently changed) and cannot get the correct drivers for it for w2k3.

Thanks
Brabbit B)
:bow:

T

temp

Window 2003!!!!!??? I never knew that there's a Windows 2003. :huh: :o :OOO: :wacko: :blink:

Arrie

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes: there is an Os with the name of Windows server 2003 and Cricket 2002 runs pretty fine on it if you have the direct x 9.0 and latest drivers.I think this OS is 64 bit so all the applications runs very smoothly.

B

Brabbit

Ho, you people really need to get with it! There's a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise and Standard Edition released a few months ago already! Directx9 is installed and I reinstalled it and still did not work...

I eventually gave up and reverted back to WinXP

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
If you'd have said Windows Server 2003, I'd have known what you were talking about.

By the way, the word Server suggests that it should be used on a server, it isn't designed for a home PC.

B

Brabbit

My name is Brabbit and I'm such a "dumb-woof!" I don't realise it's not a good idea to offend one of the admins, as they can edit my posts!

N

nash

Quote removed by Andrew

This is outrageous.

When you made the comment
Does anyone know if cricket 2002 will work on Windows 2003?
I, probably along with most people thought you meant a new client OS had been released. We don't all work for Microsoft or get Computer Weekly etc, therefore knowing immediately you meant Windows 2003 Server.

Your totally unprovoked outburst does nothing but:
1) show an incapability of putting forward your points in a concise and friendly manner
2) prove you do not exert the maturity levels someone working at Microsoft presuambly should have ?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
If he works for Microsoft, then I'm the Pope.

If he did, he would know enough to get his game working!

And if he does, then they've obviosuly seriously lowered their entrance requirements!

B

Brabbit

Seems like some people out there have taken me a bit too seriously, and probably with good reason.

To those I have offended I apologize.

BRABBIT.

:sorry:

B

Brabbit

PS: It's nice to finally find out the Pope's real name: Andrew Nixon - very cool name your holiness! :->> AND it's doublely nice to know he enjoy's cricket!!!

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread