Cricket 2002 starts then goes to desktop?

furman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,
I just bought Cricket 2002, downloaded and installed the patch and tried to play. After the EA Games then the next screen it just goes back to the desktop. I downloaded the latest NVidia drivers but same prob ...help please.

My spec is below, thanks
Furman.

AMD XO2100, Asus A7v333 mobo, Albatron GeForce TI 4200 128mb. Nvidia Driver 4.4.03, DX 8.1 - with XP Pro service pack 1.

K

killa_stiky2002

The only thing I can point out to you is that, the newer the computer the more problems it seems to have with Cricket 2002. I think people encountered problems when they put service pack one so see if you can use system restore to get that out. Also try downloading directx9.0a

furman

School Cricketer
Hi,
I just installed Direct X 9a I think it is - still not working :(

I don't understand why its not working :(

psmith

School Cricketer
Have a look on page 3 of this forum,my thread entitled"help needed:any ideas"
I had a similar problem,have a look at the suggestions people made to me,try some of them and see how you go. I ran the game perfectly since release last year,only to have a problem last month on re-installing,I ran it fine with xp-service pack 1 by the way.
I still am unable to play,so if you find a solution,share it on here please,good luck :up:

Kar_ind

Club Cricketer
Directx can't be the problem as my system is running similar configuration execept the processor. I suspect some error in the cricket 2002 exe file. Try replacing it or get the default one.

R

Rangeela

It cant be the direct x for sure ....
either its a video card or a default cd

R

radaga

Sometimes i get this problem, it is because my sound card doesnt work when i load up windows sometimes, so when i go into the game with no sound it just quits to desktop. :(
Maybe your sound card is bad like mine? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread