Cricket 2004 changes - Break through guys

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by jonah
Ravi, you been able to find the stroke files? From what Zim said a few of the strokes need tinkering (strength/direction etc).

We have found heaps of stroke files including the edges files but at present we are trying to concentrate on finding the default fields and CPU ODI batting. This time around there are quite a few edge files like fast bowler's, spin bowler's and medium. This is a welcome addition as not all bowlers edges carry the same way.

Rahul

International Cricketer
found anything relating to the default lineup??? that's the first thing that shud be fixed!! and gr8 work up till now...keep it up!!

jonah

International Coach
Originally posted by crick4life
We have found heaps of stroke files including the edges files but at present we are trying to concentrate on finding the default fields and CPU ODI batting. This time around there are quite a few edge files like fast bowler's, spin bowler's and medium. This is a welcome addition as not all bowlers edges carry the same way.

OK mate, np:cool: .

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes currently looking at the 1day50.cfg file to try and make the cpu bat 50 overs.

Whilst this in itself is good news, the bad news is that no one has of yet found a way to extract these files to their own folder (like in 2002) so they can be easily amended.

Currently the only known way is to use a hex editor on the gob file and to look for the strings manually.

Its takes time though to read, change and then save the changes made to the gob file so patience is the order of the day.

Remember anyone who knows how to use a hex editor can try these things, especially if you are familiar with the gameplay files, but you must back up your gob file first, otherwise if you hex edit incorrectly you screw your game up

the default fields have to be a priority also (for tests and ODI). They suck at present and some realism needs to be injected. However, the dreaded cpu running between wickets bug has to be considered when creating new fields (unless of course EA patch this ;))

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by zimrahil
Yes currently looking at the 1day50.cfg file to try and make the cpu bat 50 overs.

Whilst this in itself is good news, the bad news is that no one has of yet found a way to extract these files to their own folder (like in 2002) so they can be easily amended.

Currently the only known way is to use a hex editor on the gob file and to look for the strings manually.

Its takes time though to read, change and then save the changes made to the gob file so patience is the order of the day.

Remember anyone who knows how to use a hex editor can try these things, especially if you are familiar with the gameplay files, but you must back up your gob file first, otherwise if you hex edit incorrectly you screw your game up

the default fields have to be a priority also (for tests and ODI). They suck at present and some realism needs to be injected. However, the dreaded cpu running between wickets bug has to be considered when creating new fields (unless of course EA patch this ;))

"CPU THINKS IT IS OK TO RUN ----------rRand %.2f-----if this is less than 0.2 it is getting risky-------------- "

How about the above one, looks like this is where the string is.

I made few changes to the GOB file. Had a game and for now it seems like the number of byes has gone down. I will have a game or two more to confirm this, then you guys might try this one out as well. The CPU is batting more sensibly now and is last good number of overs in ODI. Do you think reducing of aggression will reduce players running quick singles?

This is just to caution guys give it sufficient time to backup the GOB file, its up to 800 Meg. I do not back up mine as I am a little confident with Hex editing thanks to Cricket 2002. If you by chance hit a wrong key and forget to revert it back to what it was, you will need to reinstall the whole game.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Originally posted by crick4life
"CPU THINKS IT IS OK TO RUN ----------rRand %.2f-----if this is less than 0.2 it is getting risky-------------- "

How about the above one, looks like this is where the string is.

I made few changes to the GOB file. Had a game and for now it seems like the number of byes has gone down. I will have a game or two more to confirm this, then you guys might try this one out as well. The CPU is batting more sensibly now and is last good number of overs in ODI. Do you think reducing of aggression will reduce players running quick singles?

This is just to caution guys give it sufficient time to backup the GOB file, its up to 800 Meg. I do not back up mine as I am a little confident with Hex editing thanks to Cricket 2002. If you by chance hit a wrong key and forget to revert it back to what it was, you will need to reinstall the whole game.

Have you amended the %.2f ravi to say something like %.4f etc
If this works then that will be fantastic news !

You say the cpu is batting sensibly now - presumably you have been editting the 1day50.cfg file. If so email me your figures and I can compare it to what I have mine set to at present.

I don't think reducing the aggression will have any impact regarding players running, but its worth a try , as we have nothing to lose ?

Any joy on the default fields yet ? Though I guess we need to fix the cpu running first before looking at that ?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
that utlility looks excellent - you can create patches that only updates the gob file with any differences its finds between the strings in the patch and the strings in the gob file - is that right ?

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
I THINK it does that. Mind you, I only found it when I thought "god I hope I don't have to hex-edit an 800MB file" and then proceeded to google for "program for patching files"

crick4life

International Cricketer
Have you amended the %.2f ravi to say something like %.4f etc
If this works then that will be fantastic news !

You say the cpu is batting sensibly now - presumably you have been editting the 1day50.cfg file. If so email me your figures and I can compare it to what I have mine set to at present.

I don't think reducing the aggression will have any impact regarding players running, but its worth a try , as we have nothing to lose ?

Any joy on the default fields yet ? Though I guess we need to fix the cpu running first before looking at that ?

I havent yet Phil, will see if it does make any difference at all.

I have had a go at 1day50.cfg and have changed quite a bit. Particularly those 12000/35000 six values, the CPU looks to bat longer. I now agree with your opinion that the edges were far too many and CPU difficulty also was a bit too much. I have made changes to CPU/Human batting attributes like for Human I have increased trajadjust/posadjust to 12 as against 10 in the file. Now I feel like I can play quite a few shots although not always resulting in runs.

Not much joy on the default fields as yet but will see if runouts can be sorted if I can change the string to what you have suggested. I will email you the changes and if you fine tune those, send it back to me again.

Cheers.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by sorrydaijin
I THINK it does that. Mind you, I only found it when I thought "god I hope I don't have to hex-edit an 800MB file" and then proceeded to google for "program for patching files"

Good thinking there mate, brilliant stuff if we can get this to work. Other forummers will be benefited by this rather than trying time consuming hex editing. Will give it a go sometime today.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Yes those six values are ridiculously high especially for the end of the innings

I will try your suggestion for human batting and will play around also with that runout figure - who knows what will happen?

Yes please do email me your files when you get the time

Well gonna spend 30 mins testing now before bedtime - last day of work tomorrow, so can spend a lot more time playing with these damn files soon !!

Speak tomorrow

crick4life

International Cricketer
Yes those six values are ridiculously high especially for the end of the innings

I will try your suggestion for human batting and will play around also with that runout figure - who knows what will happen?

Yes please do email me your files when you get the time

Well gonna spend 30 mins testing now before bedtime - last day of work tomorrow, so can spend a lot more time playing with these damn files soon !!

Speak tomorrow

See ya for now. Will catch up with you your tomorrow to discuss about the stroke files. The bloody strokes head to the same place each time not considering the fact the ball moves/spins. Cricket 2002 was handling the ball physics against shots really well me thinks.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Hiya mate - if you are still about can you tell if the cpu running stuff is in the gob file as I have been looking for the last 15 mins and cannot find it ? Thanks

Yes the strokes needs plenty of directional variation don't they ?

Users who are viewing this thread