Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

D

Deleted member 211254

Watching Cricket is more fun than playing it on a game. To be honest I enjoy watching England play more than I ever enjoyed playing the sport (in real life) myself. Maybe that's how some ex-players feel too, so they are pundits.

Hester

County Cricketer
I'm find that these last updates have ruined test cricket. Every other wicket now is a run out. I don't think the no-look, backwards throwing fielders are helping but something else feels broken too. In a test match, I'm playing as SA v PAK, PAK are 313-7. 4 of their wickets have been run outs. I don't have run rate on anything crazy either - it's set to 30.

what. is. going. on???

Hester

County Cricketer
There have been 2 major issues with this game since release that have not been fixed (although an attempt was made at one of them):

1) AI not able to play spin. This was because bat-boot wickets happened way too much. This was half fixed. However, bat-pad wickets are still a major issue. (this applies to pace bowling too. Never put a fielder at short leg. You'll bowl the AI out for 100 on highest difficulty)

2) AI run outs. Ok so we know all the commentary is centered around t20 but does the gameplay have to be too? The game was meant to be centered around the Ashes. So why have AI run outs been a thing since day one? Playing a test with half the AI wickets being run outs. It's stupid.

Both of these issues, imo, are way more important to fix than some glitchy fielding. It's all I see people moaning about. Fielding this, fielders that, blah blah blah. Well, you must be happy now that the fielders cast laser beams for run outs while not even facing the right way.

All test cricket is now (in this game) is run outs and bat pads. Even batsmen who never bowl in real life can bowl the AI out just from bat pad dismissals and run outs.

But let's just moan about fielding again.

Rant over (for now)

Edit: AI PAK are now 324-8. 5 run outs.
It's obvious what's happened. Over throws happened too often so they fixed it by making the AI throw more accurately.
They broke it.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
There have been 2 major issues with this game since release that have not been fixed (although an attempt was made at one of them):

1) AI not able to play spin. This was because bat-boot wickets happened way too much. This was half fixed. However, bat-pad wickets are still a major issue. (this applies to pace bowling too. Never put a fielder at short leg. You'll bowl the AI out for 100 on highest difficulty)

2) AI run outs. Ok so we know all the commentary is centered around t20 but does the gameplay have to be too? The game was meant to be centered around the Ashes. So why have AI run outs been a thing since day one? Playing a test with half the AI wickets being run outs. It's stupid.

Both of these issues, imo, are way more important to fix than some glitchy fielding. It's all I see people moaning about. Fielding this, fielders that, blah blah blah. Well, you must be happy now that the fielders cast laser beams for run outs while not even facing the right way.

All test cricket is now (in this game) is run outs and bat pads. Even batsmen who never bowl in real life can bowl the AI out just from bat pad dismissals and run outs.

But let's just moan about fielding again.

Rant over (for now)

Edit: AI PAK are now 324-8. 5 run outs.
It's obvious what's happened. Over throws happened too often so they fixed it by making the AI throw more accurately.
They broke it.
I do think the AI throw too accurately. I was playing and the fielders were hitting 95% of the time. This was before the most recent patch though. The other issue is that people complain when they can run singles too easily.

I think Short Leg is too close and too far past square. I think moving the back and closer to the popping would be a more realistic position. However, I don't know if that would prevent the close catches because the reactions of close fielders - be it keepers, slips or players around the bat is too great.

I've always had a theory that the AI doesn't deal with balls that move off the pitch, so more opportunities are created. That's probably not accurate though.

Hester

County Cricketer
I do think the AI throw too accurately. I was playing and the fielders were hitting 95% of the time. This was before the most recent patch though. The other issue is that people complain when they can run singles too easily.

I think Short Leg is too close and too far past square. I think moving the back and closer to the popping would be a more realistic position. However, I don't know if that would prevent the close catches because the reactions of close fielders - be it keepers, slips or players around the bat is too great.

I've always had a theory that the AI doesn't deal with balls that move off the pitch, so more opportunities are created. That's probably not accurate though.
I definitely agree about the close in fielders having super fast reactions. I'm sure that's part of the issue.

Easy singles - I can understand why people don't like that but I'd rather have that than 50% of the AI wickets being run outs. At least sneaking a single in a test match is at somewhat realistic.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I definitely agree about the close in fielders having super fast reactions. I'm sure that's part of the issue.

Easy singles - I can understand why people don't like that but I'd rather have that than 50% of the AI wickets being run outs. At least sneaking a single in a test match is at somewhat realistic.
People complaint for accuracy of throw If this not case then every single will become too easy, See one basics problem of root leads to other problem in branch

Slow keepers' reaction and slow fielders' reaction to cover this pick and throw throw accuracy 90% (root problem generated to other issue)

Very poor field placements setting of AI same place again and again same shot for four but no filed changing

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
People complaint for accuracy of throw If this not case then every single will become too easy, See one basics problem of root leads to other problem in branch

Slow keepers' reaction and slow fielders' reaction to cover this pick and throw throw accuracy 90% (root problem generated to other issue)

Very poor field placements setting of AI same place again and again same shot for four but no filed changing
The root problem is "bug ant" don't give a rats pass about the game..they looted us wonderfully showing a lot of potential in the beginning.

At one point this game had all it takes to best cricket we could have. They won't fix it.

Now they will bring up next game next year saying all that is fixed and then later bring the same bugs back in the future updates.

Fielding being a mess for years is the perfect example of this.

cricboi

Club Captain
After picking it up after a few weeks I've found the batting to be improved. The AI also seems to defend better. However I'm experiencing a new glitch where every edge goes insanely fast towards a fielder without ever triggering a minigame. At one point it was comical because it did the thing where it scripted the wicket but every single edge for 5 straight balls flew through my keeper and for 4... all with no minigame. Funny to think that after a year plus of tinkering they're still finding new ways to wack-a-mole.

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Have been playing cricket games since AC09. We received buggy, glitchy games back then and we still (more or less) receive the same c**p today as well. The good thing then was the studios were never putting any effort and we expected subpar games to begin with. Only with stalwarts like @AbBh making an effort to make these games better, there was some enjoyment in the gameplay.

Most of us are aware that making a good game is difficult and takes time. The problem here however, is the lofty goals and empty promises from a company which could have delivered the best cricket experience. Not to forget the loose mouth CEO who does not know how PR works :(

Things for us, gamers, will not change though. 2023 will bring a new game, we get excited, we pay the dough and we get disappointed. Rinse and repeat!

Hester

County Cricketer
Have been playing cricket games since AC09. We received buggy, glitchy games back then and we still (more or less) receive the same c**p today as well. The good thing then was the studios were never putting any effort and we expected subpar games to begin with. Only with stalwarts like @AbBh making an effort to make these games better, there was some enjoyment in the gameplay.

Most of us are aware that making a good game is difficult and takes time. The problem here however, is the lofty goals and empty promises from a company which could have delivered the best cricket experience. Not to forget the loose mouth CEO who does not know how PR works :(

Things for us, gamers, will not change though. 2023 will bring a new game, we get excited, we pay the dough and we get disappointed. Rinse and repeat!
There'll be no rinse and repeat from me with BugAnt again.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

still waiting for the revolutionary weather system Mike Merren promised. It's quite pathetic we are still in a state where you cannot even select cloudy conditions for a match manually

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
still waiting for the revolutionary weather system Mike Merren promised. It's quite pathetic we are still in a state where you cannot even select cloudy conditions for a match manually
And they opted to omit the DL method from a "Cricket Simulation".

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
umm.. interesting discussions! I think BUG AUNT perfectly mastered the EA way of game development (i.e, FIFA). Enough ranting about that though so I'll save it

Point is, now, as things stand, we need to pick the right balance. Trade off all "improvement" to embrace core gameplay simulation. I think their Ashes Cricket title is a perfect blend where you can enjoy a beautiful simulation while letting go off, aspects like cloud, fireworks, some licensed stadiums and other nonsense. Cricket 19 may be the other title worth picking up but funny enough, it's like settling with home cooked veggies when you know how a slice of pizza tastes (DBC 14).

signing off with a hopeless BIG improvement with ANT size expectations from BUG AUNT for C22.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Soon a mobile developer will take over big ants, real cricket 22 already way ahead than this big mouthed game, bug ant should stop making incomplete titles

Users who are viewing this thread