Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@blockerdave @WealeyH Hey guys how are you, I want to specifically ask the two of you why cricket 19 is regarded as a good game in your eyes?

I'm curious as I haven't really seen or heard much about it (not touched a cricket game since 17) and I'm asking you guys as I remember in the past I think we have similar flavour of what we want/expect from the gameplay.

Thanks
Hey mate I’m good thanks, how’s it going?
its hard to put my finger on what exactly but it just felt more complete and satisfying than others.

dbc14 without fearsome tweak no edges which made bowling unplayable, DBC17 and Ashes actually I think were both pretty good at release but overall were regressed by patching: DBC17 they patched out bowled dismissals, Ashes they removed swing and there was a 4th inns test bug where the AI set one day fields.

c19 was good at release and improved by patches. I think there were question marks over the last patch or 2 but tbh by then I was so damn busy I hardly got to play the game and so I can’t really comment.

I played tests almost exclusively and must have played every ball of well over 100 tests, as well as a really fun custom 30 over format. I didn’t approach anything like that number of completed matches in any of the other games

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@blockerdave @WealeyH Hey guys how are you, I want to specifically ask the two of you why cricket 19 is regarded as a good game in your eyes?

I'm curious as I haven't really seen or heard much about it (not touched a cricket game since 17) and I'm asking you guys as I remember in the past I think we have similar flavour of what we want/expect from the gameplay.

Thanks
I’m good mate thank you, you?
For me and again it was mostly Tests.. was I was able to play the game and feel like it was “cricket”

Dismissals were for the most legitimate.

I had the AI leaving the ball and knocking it about at an appropriate rate.

Collapses and stubborn partnerships.

The pacing for the most part just felt right.

Yes it had issues like lack of outfield catches , AI not declaring when they should at times.

But I could genuinely play 5 days and it end in a draw and enjoy it.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hey mate I’m good thanks, how’s it going?
its hard to put my finger on what exactly but it just felt more complete and satisfying than others.

dbc14 without fearsome tweak no edges which made bowling unplayable, DBC17 and Ashes actually I think were both pretty good at release but overall were regressed by patching: DBC17 they patched out bowled dismissals, Ashes they removed swing and there was a 4th inns test bug where the AI set one day fields.

c19 was good at release and improved by patches. I think there were question marks over the last patch or 2 but tbh by then I was so damn busy I hardly got to play the game and so I can’t really comment.

I played tests almost exclusively and must have played every ball of well over 100 tests, as well as a really fun custom 30 over format. I didn’t approach anything like that number of completed matches in any of the other games
Cricket 19 is the most complete game for me. There are small improvements that I think would have huge benefits.

I didn't play huge amounts of test matches, but when I did it was ok. I felt the AI was a bit too aggressive when batting, but I trust your judgment on the test match experience overall. As for T20s and ODI, they were always decent experiences. Game isn't without issues (fielding being the biggest) but I felt like all three formats are playable whereas on older games there was something in at least one format that was problem

DBC 14 - I really enjoyed test matches (that was just on PS3 without any mods) but limited overs was plagued by poor fields. I never noticed any problem with dismissals, the actual contests I had were enjoyable enough for me that I never thought about it. It may be that that game was the first cricket game I really enjoyed since Brian Lara on the MegaDrive that made me overlook any flaws.
DBC 17/Ashes - One of these was dogged by the bat pad smash which rendered test matches unplayable and I think the other had an issue where the AI would destroy you if they were chasing in a limited overs match.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cricket 19 is the most complete game for me. There are small improvements that I think would have huge benefits.

I didn't play huge amounts of test matches, but when I did it was ok. I felt the AI was a bit too aggressive when batting, but I trust your judgment on the test match experience overall. As for T20s and ODI, they were always decent experiences. Game isn't without issues (fielding being the biggest) but I felt like all three formats are playable whereas on older games there was something in at least one format that was problem

DBC 14 - I really enjoyed test matches (that was just on PS3 without any mods) but limited overs was plagued by poor fields. I never noticed any problem with dismissals, the actual contests I had were enjoyable enough for me that I never thought about it. It may be that that game was the first cricket game I really enjoyed since Brian Lara on the MegaDrive that made me overlook any flaws.
DBC 17/Ashes - One of these was dogged by the bat pad smash which rendered test matches unplayable and I think the other had an issue where the AI would destroy you if they were chasing in a limited overs match.
Definitely the most complete.

What I liked about the AI in tests was yeah they could be aggressive but it’d force you to change the field, forgo a slip or bat pad maybe or bowl a different line/length and it’s the only part of any game where I felt that tactical/captain part at all.
C19 was the only game where you wouldn’t just set 1 field and leave it until you switched to a spinner

Users who are viewing this thread