Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

PristineR

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What difference(s) did you note specifically?

MBix

School Cricketer
Gotta admit I'm pretty disappointed so far. I do believe the things below are minor and can be easily patched but the fact the game was launched with such things confuses me somewhat. Playing on Series X:

- Batting in pro mode, clouds on a blue sky day seem to be wobbling, sends my eyes bonkers and very distracting
- Clipping issues with graphics on the grass etc
- Stats for batting and bowling mixed up in career mode
- No audio when the "coach" is giving his little speeches?

I'm sure they've all been listed and talked about, and I'll submit a bug report for these and more no doubt. It really is a discussion for another day but I feel game developers ability to patch things these days is somewhat of a double edged sword. It's great that they're on the ball and can fix things, but things that never would slipped through the cracks yesteryear happen constantly these days - no matter the size of the developer!

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
So done another session wi' the new patch
1638522814723.png

Scorecard looking very England obviously. Front foot defensive is back but the ball physics are definitely noticably different and I prefered them before. Glad they're being looked at and hopefully I'll get it patched before I start bowling.

Also: did you know that THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF LEAVE IN CRICKET?! DID YOU!?!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@Harigoks yeah I cant stand that floaty feeling although in Ashes I changed it in the slider but it messed up how you have to time the ball and its like 140mph :p

@Wavelberry Are the ball physics actually being looked at?

Harigoks

County Cricketer
@Harigoks yeah I cant stand that floaty feeling although in Ashes I changed it in the slider but it messed up how you have to time the ball and its like 140mph :p

@Wavelberry Are the ball physics actually being looked at?
Damn! Lol, yeah it's floaty. Sound of the bat hitting the ball has also changed. I think it would not be a big thing to patch but I do not want to use sliders at all just for this issue...

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@Harigoks tbh I found the bat hitting ball sounds kinda bad, that echo you get as of you're in an empty arena everything sounds like full connection and on topic of sound we still have that dead ball hitting stump sound, is getting something like clip below too hard? Even EA had good sounds

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Damn! Lol, yeah it's floaty. Sound of the bat hitting the ball has also changed. I think it would not be a big thing to patch but I do not want to use sliders at all just for this issue...
To me the sound, sounds like some things are just the wrong way around. Example, cutting the ball off the outside of a bat sounds like nick to slips/ keeper and a nick to slips/keeper sounds like an outside of the bat shot.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
To me the sound, sounds like some things are just the wrong way around. Example, cutting the ball off the outside of a bat sounds like nick to slips/ keeper and a nick to slips/keeper sounds like an outside of the bat shot.
Yes, correct. Before the patch it was quiet good. Hope they fix it soon.
@Harigoks tbh I found the bat hitting ball sounds kinda bad, that echo you get as of you're in an empty arena everything sounds like full connection and on topic of sound we still have that dead ball hitting stump sound, is getting something like clip below too hard? Even EA had good sounds

Can't even imagine, lol

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I tried to create a custom match (10 over), as I usually create 10 over and 15 over games for when I want a shortish game with a friend or the wife. So, it was all working up to the point where I wanted to put a powerplay in for the first 3 or four overs with only two fielders being allowed outside the ring for that period. There seems to be a bug preventing powerplays being put in, not sure why. Anyone else got any ideas on how to make this work or is it a bug?

Users who are viewing this thread