Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
No i am batting

Here are some videos. Two catches dropped and one caught.

i think they are dropping reverse cup catches

Your close.. it’s more of a running back or back to situation thing from what I understand. But it’s something that they are aware of.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I would hope that the chance of catching the ball is also a factor of how difficult the catch is and how capable the fielder is, rather than all chances have a set caught/dropped percentage.
Yep - too many sitters being dropped that anyone's granny could hold onto

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
What I find amusing is that you can't amend the likeness of licensed players yet those licensed players look absolutely nothing like their real life counterparts. David Wiese for example, I've been amending my Namibia team this morning, making them look roughly* like themselves, all apart from David Wiese who is licensed and looks like a complete random.

My assumption is that they intended to play face all licensed players as Jade Dernbach (Italy squad) is licensed and playfaced, albeit he looks like a sunbaked shrivelled version of himself. Strikes me as another half cooked Big Ant idea.

*very very roughly

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Your close.. it’s more of a running back or back to situation thing from what I understand. But it’s something that they are aware of.
I have more examples
I have had 3 catches taken (one by adil rashid is excellent) and one dropped catch. Again the dropped catch was the fielder running back. Definitely running back/reverse cup back to situation catches are being dropped all the time.
Catches taken
Now catch dropped

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Played a T20 match. Few points after new patch in PS5.

1. Appeal from fielders even if the ball cleary bounced off of the bat - not that annoying though.

2. Overthrows are still there but the frequency is down.

3.catches are still being dropped. Don't see much change from previous patches. Can see a bit of spontaneous is fielding and keeps me happy for a while. Animations are a big concern though!

4. Seems to have sorted the direct hits and that's a good deal.

5. Seeing this 1st time for myself. Sometimes the ball goes thru fielders mouth and comes out of their anus. A glitch or bug but I'll give it to BA for making me laugh hard.

6. Framerate is stable playing night matches.

7. No changes in batting as usual.

8. Academy crashes but was able to atleast search few things but couldn't download. Would be nice to have that up and running with no issue.

Some of the issues still persist. Be it saving the changes in career mode or offside gameplay or called a no ball if jump timed perfectly. Hoping to see them fixed with next patch(es).

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@riteshagl correct me if I'm wrong but are you batting? If so I'm not sure the problem is no catches infield/outfield for humans but for humans bowling to AI.. I get caught out in the infield enough times but when bowling go AI I only remember one catch on the outfield and 0 infield.

Also a funny script is if you bowl no ball they always hit the free hit to an out fielder who catches it or drops depending

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
5. Seeing this 1st time for myself. Sometimes the ball goes thru fielders mouth and comes out of their anus. A glitch or bug but I'll give it to BA for making me
i-beg-your-pudding-dark-place.gif

riteshagl

County Cricketer
@riteshagl correct me if I'm wrong but are you batting? If so I'm not sure the problem is no catches infield/outfield for humans but for humans bowling to AI.. I get caught out in the infield enough times but when bowling go AI I only remember one catch on the outfield and 0 infield.

Also a funny script is if you bowl no ball they always hit the free hit to an out fielder who catches it or drops depending
Yes i am batting. I am just talking about ai catch dropping issue during human batting.

I am not talking about catch chance creation while human bowling.

In fact i havent tried bowling yet. I will once i am satisfied with my batting credentials.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
D93342E6-24CB-44BC-A11D-BB1B3C913B6F.jpeg664304C7-7C55-48CB-9E15-F5799A474CD5.jpeg
If anyone fancies it give these a go for Ashes test..

Hard Pitch
Hardest

Jimmy can trim the stumps with a fuller standard ball. Back of a length is the old L1 X

and then you can have 3 different types of shorter balls.

Brings into play some lovely play and misses and dismissals but also makes human batting more interesting as more deliveries can hit your stumps or pads causing you issues…

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@Harigoks I don't think we'll be getting batting changes as it doesn't seem to be a problem everyone experiences which is a big shame.

But I've played enough to know there's a problem, I'm not even getting all the shots a square cut should be a square cut not a cover drive. Batting feels so limited literally reminds me of EA cricket titles.

I even set a offside heavy field and the AI could hardly get through the gaps at all. Animations etc are great but not if that's all they are. Like something feels fundamentally broken, even ideal timing shots just die like a fart idk it's not fun.

I remember Ashes 2009 game, was so fun to bat as you knew if you pick right shot there is chance of a reward and you could aim to place the balls in gaps, this feels like I'm playing 8 direction input and 2 of those directions don't even work.

I just want my shots to come out idc if timed shots go to fielder it happens but at least give me the ability to score all around. I don't want to feel bogged down in a match because my shots don't work as they're meant to, is that really a thing to be asking for 8 years into a series?

I feel like since this mocap stuff came into action the games have felt so weird, DBC14 and hell even EA and Real Cricket do a good job in terms of feeling

hadz2567

Club Captain
Played a T20 match. Few points after new patch in PS5.

1. Appeal from fielders even if the ball cleary bounced off of the bat - not that annoying though.

2. Overthrows are still there but the frequency is down.

3.catches are still being dropped. Don't see much change from previous patches. Can see a bit of spontaneous is fielding and keeps me happy for a while. Animations are a big concern though!

4. Seems to have sorted the direct hits and that's a good deal.

5. Seeing this 1st time for myself. Sometimes the ball goes thru fielders mouth and comes out of their anus. A glitch or bug but I'll give it to BA for making me laugh hard.

6. Framerate is stable playing night matches.

7. No changes in batting as usual.

8. Academy crashes but was able to atleast search few things but couldn't download. Would be nice to have that up and running with no issue.

Some of the issues still persist. Be it saving the changes in career mode or offside gameplay or called a no ball if jump timed perfectly. Hoping to see them fixed with next patch(es).
How are the Ball physics after the latest patch? Similar to C19 or C22 day Zero/1.004?

luke58

School Cricketer
Hi team since update tonite for patch 7 I noticed when I’m bowling in both PS5 or PS4 in standard or arcade my medium or fat bowlers are bowling no balls . Even when I bowl behind the umpire he still no balls . Had the patch got a bug . This wasn’t happening before . Have gone back to play 19 until this resolved able to help

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Exact same fielding crap from Cricket 19. Fielder on boundary stops ball right at the rope, pauses for about 3-4 seconds and then approaches the ball again. Show some passion BA.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
@Harigoks I don't think we'll be getting batting changes as it doesn't seem to be a problem everyone experiences which is a big shame.

But I've played enough to know there's a problem, I'm not even getting all the shots a square cut should be a square cut not a cover drive. Batting feels so limited literally reminds me of EA cricket titles.

I even set a offside heavy field and the AI could hardly get through the gaps at all. Animations etc are great but not if that's all they are. Like something feels fundamentally broken, even ideal timing shots just die like a fart idk it's not fun.

I remember Ashes 2009 game, was so fun to bat as you knew if you pick right shot there is chance of a reward and you could aim to place the balls in gaps, this feels like I'm playing 8 direction input and 2 of those directions don't even work.

I just want my shots to come out idc if timed shots go to fielder it happens but at least give me the ability to score all around. I don't want to feel bogged down in a match because my shots don't work as they're meant to, is that really a thing to be asking for 8 years into a series?

I feel like since this mocap stuff came into action the games have felt so weird, DBC14 and hell even EA and Real Cricket do a good job in terms of feeling
Mocap is fine. C19 was too good when it comes to batting. Felt so nice but there is something off in C22.

I'm being repetitive here but I like to keep emphasizing this coz it's hurting as hell. Let's hope that it gets resolved at once :)
Post automatically merged:

Fiddled with sliders.. so can't really tell. But bowling looks good though.
How are the Ball physics after the latest patch? Similar to C19 or C22 day Zero/1.004?

Users who are viewing this thread