Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas/happy holidays.

These last few years have been tough for everyone but I'm glad we can all come together from different backgrounds and parts of the world to bond over this stuff. Always a pleasure. Special shout out to @wasteyouryouth & fellow Aussie @GuyIncognito
Well said mate. Wishing you a merry christmas and new year's as well. :cheers

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
EB185A30-AFCC-453C-B2E1-A867FE6D1394.jpeg
Lets hops his logic is not correct else forget to play c22 on xbox …

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Lack of edges is most worrying, because the one thing we’ve seen throughout all iterations of BA games is they ALWAYS script out certain dismissal types.

DBC14 had no edges. Bowleds were removed from DBC17. Ashes and C19 had no outfield catches. C22 seems to be little to no edges (again they’ve patched them out, because they were there before).
I play mostly career mode. Played with a medium pacer first and with a spinner now. I've had enough and more edges. I'll try to share some gameplay videos today. Not a master at editing but will certainly try to show some.

dancdarocker

School Cricketer
Does anyone know how to unequip long sleeves ? I’ve tried to play India vs England test match series at Lords in Summer but all players wear long sleeves ?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I play mostly career mode. Played with a medium pacer first and with a spinner now. I've had enough and more edges. I'll try to share some gameplay videos today. Not a master at editing but will certainly try to show some.

Please check out 7th minute and 14 the minute of the game. Mute the video, I'm basically rubbishing around the broadcast. It's the first time I'm doing it. There were couple of good play and miss by the AI.

Dont_Blush_Baby

School Cricketer
These games have so much potential but some legacy issues always seem to carry over.

Wish there was a bowling line slider or attribute that influenced how a bowler wants to get you out.

I'd honestly be happy if for the first 15 - 20 overs of a test match, that the bowlers just bowls at 5th stump moving away. Simulate a real contest between high quality opening bowlers and the top order.

Make the player make decisions about what to play/leave and really punish bad decisions (playing away from the body/hitting on the up/ playing the wrong line/playing across the line).

If I want to work a straight ball off middle and off, my timing window should be miniscule, especially early in the innings. Full balls can be driven but also more chance of nicking off (risk v reward).

I wish the game was more organically punishing rather than just cranking the sliders to make the timing windows smaller.

TSPrathik

#titanup
SRH...
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
It depends on what platform. Xbox needs some updates. PS and PC are generally pretty good. From a batting perspective, things may get tweaked a little but the experience now (on PS and PC) is probably what we will end up with...particularly if you are primarily interested in Career Mode.
forgot to mention it, will be playing on PC version

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I was playing my Career first class match at club level. Captain of the team and saw a dry hard wicket. So obviously elected to bat, but my team did a shocker on me being 5/6 in 6 overs. We were bowled out for 50 ish. In return their batsman was playing really well.

So there was one of the opposite team batsman H More. He was playing very sensibly when I was bowling over the wicket. Then I decided to change the angle and did come around the wicket. He edged the first ball. The second ball he did guide me between keeper and the second slip. So I took my second slip to first slip. The next over he edged again. Unfortunately I did not have a short leg to catch it.

So I pulled my 3rd slip to short leg. So with these changes he decided to defend the next ball and got caught by the keeper.

So definitely edges are definitely there. It's not very random too, I think we should really plan accordingly to batter because every batsman is playing differently if you ask me.

You can watch the gameplay video between 24 to 25 minutes to see how this guy was setup and I was able to take his wicket.

Ps:- my broadcast commentary isn't good. Feel free to mute and just watch between 24 to 25 mins for this specific instance.

wav

School Cricketer
My main issue with this game and the previous is it's scripted and random. Not based around user skill or player skill at all. Unlike other sports games like NBA, FIFA etc etc. Yes some say they have scripting and stuff but still you have to be skilled and the better players are better and play their own styles. This game is just one scripted random mess. Programmed to keep up with a certain run rate and if you bowl well they'll play a stupid shot to get runs no matter what to get that run rate up. No such thing as building pressure for example which is a big thing in the real game.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
My main issue with this game and the previous is it's scripted and random. Not based around user skill or player skill at all. Unlike other sports games like NBA, FIFA etc etc. Yes some say they have scripting and stuff but still you have to be skilled and the better players are better and play their own styles. This game is just one scripted random mess. Programmed to keep up with a certain run rate and if you bowl well they'll play a stupid shot to get runs no matter what to get that run rate up. No such thing as building pressure for example which is a big thing in the real game.
Okay, I am not sure about it entirely, there is scripts for sure but there are elements we do make the game do too. I was playing a career T20 match. we batted first scored around 188. AI was 129/4 in 16 overs when I came to bowl, needing them 60 of 24 balls. first ball batsman cut me to offside since it was a short ball, for boundary when I did bowl outside off stump. Second ball was full on leg stump and he hoicked it behind the backward square leg only for my fielders who where posted there to stop boundary with some well coordinated efforts. Couple dot balls and Ai needs 54 of 20 balls. AI then slaps me above the square leg for a boundary. So I reinforce my leg side with one additional boundary rider and making offside less protected. AI tries to play a cut to play it to the 3rd man area since it was vacant. The ball turned in sharply and got him out for a plumb LBW.

The need for scoring 54 of 20 probably would have pushed AI to play that shot since I did cover leg side very well. But definitely, some of our decisions do make a difference in the game. Please watch and see between 12:51 to 15:00 to see what happened in the game.

And AI was smart enough to find some boundaries after that and Finally my team won the match by 1 Run. It was a really good close game for me.

Last edited:

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So, I got the PS5 just recently.

Two points, correct me if I am wrong:
1. PS4 Saved Data is not transferable to the PS5 version
2. Academy, which had finally started working for me on PS4 Pro, doesn't work on PS5 (same issues as PS4 Pro, in an earlier patch).

Will appreciate if someone helps me with these points, not reporting these as bugs in case something is wrong from my end.

Staresblank

Club Captain
Just had a look at competition mode, it looks great. The new overview section is really nice, and now bonus points actually add up correctly!

An issue though is the start date, which is always January. This means when you play an ODI in England, the game starts with floodlights on, even at 11am. Its the same even if you select 'Summer' at the start. Anyone found a workaround? I don't particularly want to play an ODI around winter solice.

Users who are viewing this thread