Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Personally think the ratings are fine. I got Joe Root, one of the top rated male batsmen, out in six balls with three false shots. What needs to be tweaked there?

As far as I'm concerned it is the construction and development of an innings in AI batting that is the core issue. Has been for several games to be honest. From playing the BA cricket games over the years, that is more to do with mentalities - skills are to do with execution. That's not to say some balancing between skills and impact couldn't be done. I think I could've bowled Jason Holder for 45 overs in a row and his stamina wouldn't have gone below halfway.

If people want to spend their time 'remaking' the game, go for it. But, I've seen nothing, in my admittedly very short experience, to suggest that is needed.

Only counter to the ratings thing I would say is:

With the game in itself current state. Adjusting the ratings:

Eliminates that last ball smash
More variety in edges
More variety in play and misses
More knocking it about rather than wait wait crash.

The default ratings are fine.. but adjusted does also change the gameplay in some ways.

I suppose it’s personal preference and no right or wrong.

You can also make someone genuinely weak at a particular shot whereas atm it may be their weakness shot but it’s still so highly skilled it isn’t a weakness…

would you agree @blockerdave

submitted ticket again for below issues. i know many has been alreadyy reported but pls correct me if only i m facing any of thsese.

1. both batsmen running to same end causing run out.

2. fielders on boundary not picking balls (AI) causing four runs.

3. Batting againsts AI is way too easy on custom all & even on hardest settings.

4. straight lofted shots are going too high.

5. Advance grounded shots are not there.

6. Shots are very overpowered on ideal.

7. on t20 world championship umpires wearing white dress on white ball crciket.

8. Batsman not playing backfoot square cut shots after latest patch, instead now only playing late cut shots.

9. umpire change in pre match not working.

10. broadcast 1 fielding camera is very shaky.

11. game is lagging too much now even in day matches along with night matches (FPS issue).

Only counter to the ratings thing I would say is:

With the game in itself current state. Adjusting the ratings:

Eliminates that last ball smash
More variety in edges
More variety in play and misses
More knocking it about rather than wait wait crash.

The default ratings are fine.. but adjusted does also change the gameplay in some ways.

I suppose it’s personal preference and no right or wrong.

You can also make someone genuinely weak at a particular shot whereas atm it may be their weakness shot but it’s still so highly skilled it isn’t a weakness…

would you agree @blockerdave
I was pondering Waste's comments as well, and I wasn't sure how much I agreed with them. I think part of it is that I didn't play the "default" game for all that long. I got it after release, and many on here had already flagged and evidenced some early release issues that needed a counter. As such, I got on with tinkering fairly quickly, which then led to the slider thread, which also spawned into conversations about reskilling teams.

I do sometimes wonder if there's any kind of placebo effect in play, that we're making changes to stuff, changes = a difference to be seen (even if one isn't really present). I do agree with you though Wealey, some clear issues have already been negated that were bothersome before.

All I know is that I enjoy the game I'm playing right now, and have the ability to overlook the odd issue that still persists. But as Waste also said, each to their own.

Jeez, this is a forum. When did everyone get so respectful of everyone else's opinion? Quick, someone throw a chair or set something on fire....

I was pondering Waste's comments as well, and I wasn't sure how much I agreed with them. I think part of it is that I didn't play the "default" game for all that long. I got it after release, and many on here had already flagged and evidenced some early release issues that needed a counter. As such, I got on with tinkering fairly quickly, which then led to the slider thread, which also spawned into conversations about reskilling teams.

I do sometimes wonder if there's any kind of placebo effect in play, that we're making changes to stuff, changes = a difference to be seen (even if one isn't really present). I do agree with you though Wealey, some clear issues have already been negated that were bothersome before.

All I know is that I enjoy the game I'm playing right now, and have the ability to overlook the odd issue that still persists. But as Waste also said, each to their own.

Jeez, this is a forum. When did everyone get so respectful of everyone else's opinion? Quick, someone throw a chair or set something on fire....
After playing a full 5 match test series on default..

then two tests on adjusted skills..

It definitely makes a difference to how the AI plays!

submitted ticket again for below issues. i know many has been alreadyy reported but pls correct me if only i m facing any of thsese.

3. Batting againsts AI is way too easy on custom all & even on hardest settings.

8. Batsman not playing backfoot square cut shots after latest patch, instead now only playing late cut shots.

11. game is lagging too much now even in day matches along with night matches (FPS issue).
Is this after patch today?

Di

Have you experienced overcast weather after recent update? It's always Sunny conditions even after choosing spring/reduced.

After playing a full 5 match test series on default..

then two tests on adjusted skills..

It definitely makes a difference to how the AI plays!
Did you get the AI scoring at 5 rpo on default too?

I've spent countless hours on past games editing skills and tweaking sliders to find the perfect game but there are things that I think can only (and should) be adjusted effectively by Big Ant. I've never been interested in making slider changes until I've lost all hope of the game getting better or I'm testing something specific.

When it comes to reskilling, if I continue sharing teams I don't want to do that the 4000+ players that are on the game; doing it selectively will potentially throw off people's career modes. If other people want to do that then go ahead but I've been down that rabbit hole. The intersection of skills and performance has long been a problem but reskilling is like throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping something sticks. Identifying the problems in the base game, highlighting them - repeatedly if necessary - is the only way that this game and future games will improve.

Bowler's stamina doesn't seem to be impacted by bowling. I'd hope that is something that Big Ant can adjust and it will have a game wide impact. That's probably going to be quicker than going through each player to change it.
If batters hit sixes too far, I'd hope that is something that Big Ant can adjust and it will have a game wide impact.

Experiencing the game on default is, in my opinion the best way to pick up on the issues and lay out what needs to be fixed. That's my attitude for this game anyway. Doing that for pitches like you are makes more sense cause those values can be adjusted. But are Big Ant going to deskill all players?

I've always been someone who wants the out of the box game to be improved. I've zero interest in changing sliders every day of a test match, or having different sliders for different formats. If people want to put that effort in, that's a great option the game allows. I never remember anyway. I played a load of T20s on Cricket 19 using a slider setting @Ed Smith shared for test cricket. It was great for the first 10 overs, then you get to the point the where the AI doesn't accelerate. So, how do I find a setting that takes something that is 50% good and 50% not as good and improve it?

The game's been out a month and it's clearly not been an ideal release. Looking at the patch notes, I don't think gameplay has really been touched. Like I said it was 90% good, the problem is the 10% has an outweighed influence. That gives me some hope that the improvements needed might be possible.

Last edited:
Did you get the AI scoring at 5 rpo on default too?

I've spent countless hours on past games editing skills and tweaking sliders to find the perfect game but there are things that I think can only (and should) be adjusted effectively by Big Ant. I've never been interested in making slider changes until I've lost all hope of the game getting better or I'm testing something specific.

When it comes to reskilling, if I continue sharing teams I don't want to do that the 4000+ players that are on the game; doing it selectively will potentially throw off people's career modes. If other people want to do that then go ahead but I've been down that rabbit hole. The intersection of skills and performance has long been a problem but reskilling is like throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping something sticks. Identifying the problems in the base game, highlighting them - repeatedly if necessary - is the only way that this game and future games will improve.

Bowler's stamina doesn't seem to be impacted by bowling. I'd hope that is something that Big Ant can adjust and it will have a game wide impact. That's probably going to be quicker than going through each player to change it.
If batters hit sixes too far, I'd hope that is something that Big Ant can adjust and it will have a game wide impact.

Experiencing the game on default is, in my opinion the best way to pick up on the issues and lay out what needs to be fixed. That's my attitude for this game anyway. Doing that for pitches like you are makes more sense cause those values can be adjusted. But are Big Ant going to deskill all players?

I've always been someone who wants the out of the box game to be improved. I've zero interest in changing sliders every day of a test match, or having different sliders for different formats. If people want to put that effort in, that's a great option the game allows. I never remember anyway. I played a load of T20s on Cricket 19 using a slider setting @Ed Smith shared for test cricket. It was great for the first 10 overs, then you get to the point the where the AI doesn't accelerate. So, how do I find a setting that takes something that is 50% good and 50% not as good and improve it?

The game's been out a month and it's clearly not been an ideal release. Looking at the patch notes, I don't think gameplay has really been touched. Like I said it was 90% good, the problem is the 10% has an outweighed influence. That gives me some hope that the improvements needed might be possible.

Not 5 but substantially higher..

Agree 100% that the game should be good out the box. Fundamental things need to be better. But I also suppose sliders give people scope to tailer the game to their liking.

it’s like the Fifa slider community those boys tinker for fun and everyone enjoys difference little tweaks.

But if lowering skills means cook is stronger off his pads than he is driving. I don’t mind tweaking that.

I new bug seems to have popped up with today's patch. Fielders are not stopping the ball on the outfield resulting in a 4. I will share a screenshot soon.

The run out bug is still in the game even after today's patch. Why they wouldn't prioritise fixing such a glaring bug is beyond me.

Also, the game crashes for me everytime I select Wellington as the ground for matches in play now. This has been an issue since launch and still not fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread