Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Tracerbullet

School Cricketer
Can anyone confirm if u can play scoop shot (Dil scoop) properly ...its getting hit on batter helmet/body when I try to play tht shot?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has anyone noticed that exiting from a match played in any custom stadium is causing the game to crash. It wasn't there until yesterday's patch. I am on PS4

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I certainly appreciate people's frustrations on something like that batting glitch occurring in the patch - I believe there will be an update to resolve that before what would have been planned as next week's update, but I don't know timing yet.

My understanding is simply that very late in the day, we'd received and resolved an issue that was sent through on a support task which had been preventing someone proceeding in their career, a decision was made to try and get this into this week's update, so new builds were made, which unintentionally included some items that were being worked on for next week that didn't receive the level of testing they needed, and caused this problem.

Obviously the other choice would have been to push it back to ensure that it did receive that full pass - but it's a no win situation - the pages immediately before the pages of posts about how this batting thing is glitched, are all about 'where is the patch'.

Honestly, it annoys me just as much as it annoys others when stuff like this happens - because I'm of the view there's a lot of good improvements that were in this update, but that all gets overshadowed by something like this. This patch included or at least tried to make progress on a bunch of things I know have been mentioned on here, that tickets via support, and feedback posted here are being read and worked on.

----

For 'missing eyebrows' that means the playface texture wasn't downloaded or is no longer on your console (the console can refresh/reset the storage area where those faces are kept). If you are still missing them, it is going to need to be re-downloaded, the point was supposed to be that people who had faces before the patch where they were all missing from all players, didn't need to redownload those ones to get it to work again - because that specific issue was that they were there, but not being correctly rendered.

For the Bats situation, my understanding was that for a while 'get best' wasn't including bats. If you're still having problems there, would need more info on what you're downloading - as in if you're getting a specific team or player directly from a search, or doing get best on a particular team, etc.

Will try and find out why Physics is doing that - the intention is just that if you have your difficulty on a mixture of settings - rather than all of them being from the same custom difficulty, it would say "custom" pre match. So if you use the batting difficulty from one slider set, and the bowling from another, pre-match it will say Custom. But if you just select a specific custom difficulty pre match, then it should update and use that for each of the elements of difficulty, so setting batting/bowling/fielding/etc to the slider or on disk difficulty all at once.

If you're referring to white hats, I'm certain that has been resolved and has been for a long while. I get the correct maroon ones in game, and I recall a number of posts at the time of others having it work.

The only suggestion I have is to go to the Academy, highlight the West Indies team and press the Triangle/Y button and see if you have an option to delete it - if you do then it means you've managed to get it in a customised state, which means it can't reset the uniforms to the ones currently on disk. Delete it if you do have the option and that will restore to the correct.
Thank you Matt for the long post. I was having the playface issue and after today's update everything is looking correct again without the eyebrow issue. Didn't have to re-download players.

I played the game for a little bit after a week and enjoyed the batting variantion with regards to placement in the offside. So definitely there has been improvements. And if I compare how things were at release vs now, it looks very much polished. I noticed I tend to think the game is bad when I read comments of all the issues here but when I play it myself I tend to forget all of it and actually enjoy it a lot.

I did notice one thing today that I don't think was there before. When I tried to play backfoot pull shot the batter will instead play a backfoot straight drive on the midoff or backfoot cut shot on the offside . It seemed very random. I saw two batsmen playing like that multiple times. If you need me to recreate it, I can try to do a video but not sure how I can show my controls (playing with pro controls). It seemed to happen a lot (a few times they did play the pull shot but seemed not to pull most of the times)

caprikaps

Club Captain
Has the hotfix released for PS5 ?
This is what Ross Tweeted a few mins back:

PlayStation5 build 1728 is live. PlayStation4 EU 1732, US 1735 will be live whenever they get through the PlayStation servers (normally under two hours from now).

So it should be up on PS5.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
@MattW Cannot play cut shot, square cuts, with certain batsman style type, which is other than Smith and style6 I believe, always triggers a late cut animation, really annoying that we can't play cuts and square cuts which I believe one of the best, most satisfying shots to play, kindly look, also we need to increase the power on these shots a bit, yet to see a square cut going to boundary. I am on latest hotfix patched

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Umpires still get chosen randomly rather than the actual ones you select. My game crashes to desktop when I exit a match.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Umpires still get chosen randomly rather than the actual ones you select. My game crashes to desktop when I exit a match.
For me it crashes only when playing in a custom stadium

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I certainly appreciate people's frustrations on something like that batting glitch occurring in the patch - I believe there will be an update to resolve that before what would have been planned as next week's update, but I don't know timing yet.

My understanding is simply that very late in the day, we'd received and resolved an issue that was sent through on a support task which had been preventing someone proceeding in their career, a decision was made to try and get this into this week's update, so new builds were made, which unintentionally included some items that were being worked on for next week that didn't receive the level of testing they needed, and caused this problem.

Obviously the other choice would have been to push it back to ensure that it did receive that full pass - but it's a no win situation - the pages immediately before the pages of posts about how this batting thing is glitched, are all about 'where is the patch'.

Honestly, it annoys me just as much as it annoys others when stuff like this happens - because I'm of the view there's a lot of good improvements that were in this update, but that all gets overshadowed by something like this. This patch included or at least tried to make progress on a bunch of things I know have been mentioned on here, that tickets via support, and feedback posted here are being read and worked on.

----

For 'missing eyebrows' that means the playface texture wasn't downloaded or is no longer on your console (the console can refresh/reset the storage area where those faces are kept). If you are still missing them, it is going to need to be re-downloaded, the point was supposed to be that people who had faces before the patch where they were all missing from all players, didn't need to redownload those ones to get it to work again - because that specific issue was that they were there, but not being correctly rendered.

For the Bats situation, my understanding was that for a while 'get best' wasn't including bats. If you're still having problems there, would need more info on what you're downloading - as in if you're getting a specific team or player directly from a search, or doing get best on a particular team, etc.

Will try and find out why Physics is doing that - the intention is just that if you have your difficulty on a mixture of settings - rather than all of them being from the same custom difficulty, it would say "custom" pre match. So if you use the batting difficulty from one slider set, and the bowling from another, pre-match it will say Custom. But if you just select a specific custom difficulty pre match, then it should update and use that for each of the elements of difficulty, so setting batting/bowling/fielding/etc to the slider or on disk difficulty all at once.

If you're referring to white hats, I'm certain that has been resolved and has been for a long while. I get the correct maroon ones in game, and I recall a number of posts at the time of others having it work.

The only suggestion I have is to go to the Academy, highlight the West Indies team and press the Triangle/Y button and see if you have an option to delete it - if you do then it means you've managed to get it in a customised state, which means it can't reset the uniforms to the ones currently on disk. Delete it if you do have the option and that will restore to the correct.
Any intention to give us back visible pitch wear?
Post automatically merged:

I don’t get this with the umpires, works for me

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is this after the hotfix or was it happening earlier too?

Earlier too.. Just thought they would have attended to it as it seems a fairly easy fix (the umpires)

I'll post in the bug thread when I get around to it

Users who are viewing this thread