Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't have an estimate on either. With the thermal camera stuff - turns out this goes fairly deep into the graphics changes made as part of the game being updated for next-gen - so isn't a quick thing to turn back on. With NZ stadiums, I don't know - with some of them the stadiums have been made by Big Ant in the past for other titles, so would be relatively quick to get into game, but it all depends on appropriate rights and clearances that I don't have any insight into.
@MattW It would be ideal if you guys could add Snicko in the match review option. It would help us in checking for the edges afterwards. Currently I think the option is available only when taking a review. It would be an awesome feature to have I think.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Just played a short game earlier and will be wanting to play more later, but my first impressions were that I was very impressed! Batting, front and back foot felt a lot better, fielding was much improved (the fielders actually chased hard nearly all the time) and the whole experience felt a lot better. Graphically the game looks better, looks lit better! Good UI changes too, (field editor visibility, result screen size fixed) and there's no doubt more to experience that a short play time can't reveal. Well done BA on this patch, this is the first time I've felt that the game is starting to feel like a proper advancement from C'19 in several areas!

With the academy a lot more stable, I hope the creators who've given it a rest (understandably!) will feel confident about being able to do a few more creations now too.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just played a short game earlier and will be wanting to play more later, but my first impressions were that I was very impressed! Batting, front and back foot felt a lot better, fielding was much improved (the fielders actually chased hard nearly all the time) and the whole experience felt a lot better. Graphically the game looks better, looks lit better! Good UI changes too, (field editor visibility, result screen size fixed) and there's no doubt more to experience that a short play time can't reveal. Well done BA on this patch, this is the first time I've felt that the game is starting to feel like a proper advancement from C'19 in several areas!

With the academy a lot more stable, I hope the creators who've given it a rest (understandably!) will feel confident about being able to do a few more creations now too.
Hopefully. But my niche is Australian state generic faces of the lesser known players. I won't come back until they bring back the ability to link/unlink them, this includes 100 teams as well. Can't even delete them and replace them to upload as a new team.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Have you got an example of a stadium you have had this issue on? Had QA try it and they were able to load in to a number they already had.
It was a Stadium I made when the editor first came out. I've tried playing in it and it's fine but I just can't load it in the editor in order to make further changes. It just blue screens.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer

There are certainty improvements and all credit to BA for them. I've still found the run rate a bit scripted with last over boundaries. It also seems a bit too easy to straight drive down the ground for an easy 4 now the bowler's unrealistic fielding has been stopped. I scored 50 with one batsman and 40 of those runs were straight drive boundaries. At no point did the AI set a long on or long off to deter me.... something one almost always saw in Cricket 07 when one persistently went down the ground with the same shot.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Not sure if xbox series x didnt have graphics upgrade until pre-patch but post-patch graphics and players are so good.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
@MattW Can we expect frame rate fix for ps4 soon. At the moment the custom stadiums are unplayable at night. Is it going to take too long? I am assuming other platforms are fine from the You tube videos I have watched.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
here people ask to many things from bigant kindly ask one by one so they work on it .. just bec of this you people spoiling online gameplay .. ! i said this cuz i play online only ..

Rowdoss

Club Captain
It looks like dive and miss feature is added for fielders.
Its trigerring well sometimes and its bad sometimes.

Bad one:
View attachment 262917

Good one:
View attachment 262918

Its really good to see when its timed well.
I hope they fix this feature in future patches rather than removing it.

I’ve seen a couple of comical diving attempts now, but it doesn’t really bother me as the fielders were never a chance of cutting it off.
I’m glad it’s in the game too, just needs a tiny adjustment.

AJ MODS

National Board President
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
+1 in crash using custom stadiums
Any stadium , after match , it crashes and takes me to the desktop directly

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW Can we expect frame rate fix for ps4 soon. At the moment the custom stadiums are unplayable at night. Is it going to take too long? I am assuming other platforms are fine from the You tube videos I have watched.
It's being worked on heavily at the moment - just need to

If you have specific custom stadiums that are good examples, let me know and I can pass those along to get specifically frame rate checked.

here people ask to many things from bigant kindly ask one by one so they work on it .. just bec of this you people spoiling online gameplay .. ! i said this cuz i play online only ..
A post mentioning your online feedback would be more useful. I'd like to get that improved as well as other people's requests, so if you don't actually say what you think is "spoiling", we'll never know. If there's specific tickets, let me know and I'll cross reference.

Yess Ball physics is improved now after this patch. Now we can feel the weight of ball when hitting. Please observe this
I suppose I'm glad you're happier with it, but I'm certainly not aware of there being any ball physics changes in the patch.
At no point did the AI set a long on or long off to deter me.... something one almost always saw in Cricket 07 when one persistently went down the ground with the same shot.
This is always a tough balance - if the AI is too responsive with fields - especially if there are field restrictions, you can end up being able to play the AI against itself, knowing hitting in one spot would cause the AI to move a fielder to open up a different gap.

This is an area being worked on though.

+1 in crash using custom stadiums
Any stadium , after match , it crashes and takes me to the desktop directly
Can you PM me with a copy of your save folder?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
It's being worked on heavily at the moment - just need to

If you have specific custom stadiums that are good examples, let me know and I can pass those along to get specifically frame rate checked.

A post mentioning your online feedback would be more useful. I'd like to get that improved as well as other people's requests, so if you don't actually say what you think is "spoiling", we'll never know. If there's specific tickets, let me know and I'll cross reference.

I suppose I'm glad you're happier with it, but I'm certainly not aware of there being any ball physics changes in the patch.

This is always a tough balance - if the AI is too responsive with fields - especially if there are field restrictions, you can end up being able to play the AI against itself, knowing hitting in one spot would cause the AI to move a fielder to open up a different gap.

This is an area being worked on though.

Can you PM me with a copy of your save folder?
I think all the custom stadiums are having frame rate issue on ps4. You can check Narendra modi stadium and hpca dharamshala. User id: Afro-midhunjojo

AJ MODS

National Board President
India
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
What does this include

Attachments

• 1643872089621.png
    1643872089621.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 50

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Has to be said the crowd update and lighting is outstanding, crowd is seated until something happens.
Had one mishap with fielding though, ball went to point and rolled straight past the fielder who didn’t move, then he turned and ran after it and ran well past it then tried to pick it up about 3mtrs away.
A lot of good in this patch though.

Users who are viewing this thread