Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rahul Rants

School Cricketer
A
Honestly i don't want to bash the game because i used to enjoy it till next to last patch... It has all the elements of becoming the best cricket game... They just had to adapt 90 % of basic features from cricket 19 i.e. batting/bowling/ fielding ....a bit improve them with new shots and then put add ons... Then this would become an awesome game....
Same, didnt wanna bash the game but after a point it becomes unbearable. We pay a good amount of money, sit through patches after patches and it with one fix they give us multiple more issues.

Rahul Rants

School Cricketer
Fielding masterclass- Look at the throw by the WK and where the batsmen are :)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 40

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I've given up on the game atm.

Batting too easy
Bowling too hard
Simulations is disastrous.
AI fielding comical
AI field placements needs a lot of development.
AI use of bowlers in limited overs questionable with last 20% of overs bowled by batsman at times.
Press conferences pointless

There is a lot of potential in the game but every patch seems to be doing bad to the game than good. Pointless to keep playing like this.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've given up on the game atm.

Batting too easy
Bowling too hard
Simulations is disastrous.
AI fielding comical
AI field placements needs a lot of development.
AI use of bowlers in limited overs questionable with last 20% of overs bowled by batsman at times.
Press conferences pointless

There is a lot of potential in the game but every patch seems to be doing bad to the game than good. Pointless to keep playing like this.
I don't know whether to feel delighted:clap that game developers are working and constantly patching the game even after 2 months post release or to feel irritated :facepalmthat the game needs constant patching even after 2 months Post release.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Would be interesting if people gave context when they say batting is too easy.I am finding it much more difficult on like for like settings compared to c19.i play with the sticks and face the ball as you would when actually playing cricket as opposed to the TV view.

s0074845

Club Captain
Hard and Hardest should be made as still harder to bat. That's main priority
Yeah that everyone gets it. The point is when 9,10,11 bat like top order batsman is the issue .

Sorry to ask why you keep asking people to raise tickets to BA when they have said not to create duplicate tickets for same issue

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Yeah that everyone gets it. The point is when 9,10,11 bat like top order batsman is the issue .

Sorry to ask why you keep asking people to raise tickets to BA when they have said not to create duplicate tickets for same issue
Have you reskilled your players? If you take poor batters and drop their judgement right down as a minimum, it cuts a lot of this out. I get it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it is a solution.

Also, there's a slider for making poor batters more likely to play poorly. Turn that right down for good measure (it's an inverted slider from memory, lower the number, greater the effect).

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have you reskilled your players? If you take poor batters and drop their judgement right down as a minimum, it cuts a lot of this out. I get it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it is a solution.

Also, there's a slider for making poor batters more likely to play poorly. Turn that right down for good measure (it's an inverted slider from memory, lower the number, greater the effect).
I tried bowling at the AI with your video as reference for skilling and your slider values for Australian conditions.

The result was, it just delayed the inevitable which is AI completely dominating us, instead of hitting a shot every ball, they were taking things slow but the experience was rather similar though..
The only noticeable difference was AI running and them getting run out more often since judgement affects running too as the game describes. I gave up around 30th over and started another match with no change but similar outplaying of AI, it just became monotonous and I went back to the way of batting for both sides for peace of mind.​

I get what you guys are trying to do and appreciate it, but these are all gonna be needle in stack kinda workarounds until they properly address the core issue and implement changes to AI behavior (be it batting or bowling)

I see posts here about batting too easy and bowling is boring(hard), I feel it all boils down to the AI part
  • Whether it be batting, when AI is bowling predominantly legside for lefties and the inverse of shorter wide balls to right handers, so we are not all challenged by the AI around the nibbling fourth stump region or full lengths for that matter as they just keep on sticking to their defensive wide-ish ball for reducing our scoring rate instead of challenging us, which makes batting bland.
  • Or while bowling, AI keeps on playing shots to every ball irrespective of whatever we try/execute and we get this feeling that whatever we try, its just gonna be flick around square leg or a lofted shot outta nowhere to keep with their 'runrate' and when dismissals are so random, it doesn't even feel rewarding to try and bowl to a plan.

I don't know if you guys are already aware, but while reskilling players I noticed that there is a bug where you can't edit the bowling proficiencies of a pacer (line accuracy etc)

And lastly with my eyes and big lines, I have found no difference between a 'fuller full' ball and 'shorter yorker' ball, in my opinion the default full ball(with no aftertouch) is lot fuller than what I used to bowl in Cricket 19 and Fuller balls were my go-to balls when I was bowling with new ball, varying the lengths with shorter and fuller triggers, but now it all feels bit too yorker-ish..

I can only bowl that ball, if I time my bowling input meter around 'good' rather than ideal, in which case it will be yorker like.​

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
A

Same, didnt wanna bash the game but after a point it becomes unbearable. We pay a good amount of money, sit through patches after patches and it with one fix they give us multiple more issues.
Yeh I’m hopeful for tomorrow
I tried bowling at the AI with your video as reference for skilling and your slider values for Australian conditions.

The result was, it just delayed the inevitable which is AI completely dominating us, instead of hitting a shot every ball, they were taking things slow but the experience was rather similar though..
The only noticeable difference was AI running and them getting run out more often since judgement affects running too as the game describes. I gave up around 30th over and started another match with no change but similar outplaying of AI, it just became monotonous and I went back to the way of batting for both sides for peace of mind.​

I get what you guys are trying to do and appreciate it, but these are all gonna be needle in stack kinda workarounds until they properly address the core issue and implement changes to AI behavior (be it batting or bowling)

I see posts here about batting too easy and bowling is boring(hard), I feel it all comes down to the AI part.
  • Whether it be batting, when AI is bowling predominantly legside for lefties and the inverse of shorter wide balls to right handers, so we are not all challenged by the AI around the nibbling fourth stump region or full lengths for that matter as they just keep on sticking to their defensive wide-ish ball for reducing our scoring rate instead of challenging us, which makes batting bland.
  • Or while bowling, AI keeps on playing shots to every ball irrespective of whatever we try/execute and we get this feeling that whatever we try, its just gonna be flick around square leg or a lofted shot outta nowhere to keep with their 'runrate' and when dismissals are so random, it doesn't even feel rewarding to try and bowl to a plan.

I don't know if you guys are already aware, but while reskilling players I noticed that there is a bug where you can't edit the bowling proficiencies of a pacer (line accuracy etc)

And lastly with my eyes and big lines, I have found no difference between a 'fuller full' ball and 'shorter yorker' ball, in my opinion the default full ball(with no aftertouch) is lot fuller than what I used to bowl in Cricket 19 and this fuller full ball was a go-to ball when I was bowling with new ball, varying the lengths with shorter and fuller triggers, but now it all feels bit too yorker-ish..

I can only bowl that ball, if I time my bowling input meter around 'good' rather than ideal, in which case it will be yorker like.​
THIS REALLY GETS TO ME…. Hope it’s sorted soon feels poor watching the AI hit poor lifeless shots every ball just for the sake of it. Be nice to see batters come in and defend whilst they get in rather than just trying to smack it

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Keeping my fingers cross for tomorrow. Really hope we atleast get this to playable state tomorrow with the below being fixed

1) Slow animations are causing me to get out even on straight deliveries.
2) Offside backfoot square cut needs to generate power. Front foot works fine.
3) Back foot shots in general need some power (for some batting styles)
4) Pull shot needs to be fixed for some batting styles. It was perfect before but ever since they did the fix, now its messed up
5) Backfoot square cut animation needs to be fixed. It just looks ugly when the ball is guided over third man

I understand that we have issues with AI, Career etc. but atleast get the game to a playable state for everyone to enjoy and then go ahead with other fixes

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Would be interesting if people gave context when they say batting is too easy.I am finding it much more difficult on like for like settings compared to c19.i play with the sticks and face the ball as you would when actually playing cricket as opposed to the TV view.
Yeah,i'm finding batting much harder in 22,I also don't get the cheap leg side runs when batting left handed,I hit one good shot on the leg side,then the bowler switches to round the wicket :lol

Users who are viewing this thread