Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I reckon I bowled 25 overs in a Test match on reduced run rate of 30 and I don't remember a single leave...

I’ve been playing Tests with run rate at 20. This has avoided the last ball smash and AI have generally scored at 2.9-3.0 per over. Following yesterday’s patch (Appreciate it’s one innings/variables) but they were about 89 all out in 63ish overs. Only usual case of my leg-spinner going for a few beefed up that run rate. But yes, there’s the odd leave but it’s normally a case of hitting the ball or missing as opposed to a deliberate leave. When they do leave, it’s quite exaggerated.

Hester

County Cricketer
If you say you being playing only a month or so.. it genuinly wasn’t like that in tests prior to Christmas.

@Rumple43 will prob testify to that!
wow, ok, I didn't know that. That's even more disappointing then as it means BA changed it. A conscious effort to reduce the amount of AI leaves.... SIGH.

Hester

County Cricketer
Leaving balls that were wide off of stump. Run rate is default.
So weird. I have the AI set to 18 (but did experiments with it really low too) and they don't stop swinging the bat at literally everything unless I have it set to 0.
I think we all have different versions of the game!!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Even more baffled that a few others are experiencing same thing
Post automatically merged:

So weird. I have the AI set to 18 (but did experiments with it really low too) and they don't stop swinging the bat at literally everything unless I have it set to 0.
I think we all have different versions of the game!!

I’d put my mortgage on it being different. Without question.

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW Any chance of adding the Fixed Far + Fixed close cameras for batting in nets (career + general)??

Have raised several tickets since game launch in hope it would get added in some patch but may be it is too complicated to add an already existing stuff in one mode into another mode OR may be it is such a small/ simple feature that it is getting missed/ignored...

It matters for those who play with the front on cameras for batting. There is no point of career training in nets as playing with behind the batter camera breaks the immersion and dont feel like playing in the nets due to the missing cameras...and as a result cannot increase skill points in nets training...Have to only do GYM training

Kind request to add it the upcoming update

Thanx

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I suspect it is situational, dependent on the batter, conditions and other factors. Last night I was bowling to England with Crawley and Morgan in and they were leaving plenty. But the team were three down, it was a grassy pitch, bowlers confidence was probably up. I had a period of six overs without a boundary and I wasn't doing anything different from what I'd done before and after that. Then they got to about 20 runs and started to go aerial rather than piercing gaps to get their boundary per over.

Conversely, I've had fewer leaves at the start of an innings (which, is ideally when a good batter would be leaving) when bowling to Warner and Harris. Crawley is much taller, than a player like Warner, so maybe where the ball is pitching and the height it reaches the batter, could be another factor at play in their shot selection.

To be honest, I'm less concerned about batters leaving than I am about their persistence in scoring boundaries with such predictability and the entering T20 mode when they get past 20. Crawley and Morgan went from playing what felt like a fairly balanced manner to batting like it was 400/3, not 100/3.

If they leave three in an over (I had them leaving more than that - I think I counted five in a row from Crawley) and then you launch it over long on I'm don't care about the number of leaves. The construction of innings is a problem that spans each format, I think the AI players in too predictable fashion. But these things aren't things have cropped up overnight, they've been issues to a certain extent for several games.

I don't know what has changed that might impact AI batting in the last month or two but my bowling experience is really not different to how it was when I started. The lofted shots does seems noticeably different.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Yes I agree. What I don't understand is why the problem has got worse. It was barely noticeable in DB17. It got worse in C19. Now it's got to the stage where it is so predictable as to be ridiculous. The fact it hasn't been corrected would suggest it's very difficult to fix and/or they aren't completely on top of the maths. I want to love this game but as a cricket tragic who values realism I just can't enjoy it at the moment .

Maybe it differs a bit by platform. I'm on PS4 playing on hard.
I suspect it is situational, dependent on the batter, conditions and other factors. Last night I was bowling to England with Crawley and Morgan in and they were leaving plenty. But the team were three down, it was a grassy pitch, bowlers confidence was probably up. I had a period of six overs without a boundary and I wasn't doing anything different from what I'd done before and after that. Then they got to about 20 runs and started to go aerial rather than piercing gaps to get their boundary per over.

Conversely, I've had fewer leaves at the start of an innings (which, is ideally when a good batter would be leaving) when bowling to Warner and Harris. Crawley is much taller, than a player like Warner, so maybe where the ball is pitching and the height it reaches the batter, could be another factor at play in their shot selection.

To be honest, I'm less concerned about batters leaving than I am about their persistence in scoring boundaries with such predictability and the entering T20 mode when they get past 20. Crawley and Morgan went from playing what felt like a fairly balanced manner to batting like it was 400/3, not 100/3.

If they leave three in an over (I had them leaving more than that - I think I counted five in a row from Crawley) and then you launch it over long on I'm don't care about the number of leaves. The construction of innings is a problem that spans each format, I think the AI players in too predictable fashion. But these things aren't things have cropped up overnight, they've been issues to a certain extent for several games.

I don't know what has changed that might impact AI batting in the last month or two but my bowling experience is really not different to how it was when I started. The lofted shots does seems noticeably different.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Yes I agree. What I don't understand is why the problem has got worse. It was barely noticeable in DB17. It got worse in C19. Now it's got to the stage where it is so predictable as to be ridiculous. The fact it hasn't been corrected would suggest it's very difficult to fix and/or they aren't completely on top of the maths. I want to love this game but as a cricket tragic who values realism I just can't enjoy it at the moment .

Maybe it differs a bit by platform. I'm on PS4 playing on hard.
It's a difficult balancing act as before the AI knew what was going to hit the stumps and was leaving anything, even 1cm outside off it would leave as it just knows if it's hitting.

Now they don't necessarily score faster in tests using the same settings but they do play virtually everything even if they don't score from it.

Both scenarios are totally unrealistic and spoil what for me and others is the main part of the game (tests)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It's a difficult balancing act as before the AI knew what was going to hit the stumps and was leaving anything, even 1cm outside off it would leave as it just knows if it's hitting.

Now they don't necessarily score faster in tests using the same settings but they do play virtually everything even if they don't score from it.

Both scenarios are totally unrealistic and spoil what for me and others is the main part of the game (tests)

Spot
On

Although if I had a choice I’d prefer the leaving than the shot a ball

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I only play test cricket on it as that’s what I love and if they could just iron out or tell
us how to stop the smack every shot no matter what feature on AI I would genuinely be very happy with the game. So much to admire and enjoy but that one thing would make it so much more realistic

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is the hotfix live for PS4??

Users who are viewing this thread