Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah I'd go far to say we're back to train wreck stage now, for me anyway.

Super scripting seems there (why does the team batting last win so often? Why does the team batting first get rolled over so often?) Wickets coming with the spinner almost every over on legendary. There's still a lot to like, but after 8 years in the market, there's a whole lot more to dislike.

I recently got asked by one of the devs to change my review on steam from negative to positive which I thought was really cheap of them. Their argument was because of the high amount of hours I have on Steam. I've spent 500 hours trying to find a decent cricket sim in here. It's not like I've really been enjoying it.

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have Cricket 2019 and I was thinking of picking up Cricket 2022 since it is currently on sale (20%). Do you guys think this is worth a shot or should I continue with Cricket 19?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have Cricket 2019 and I was thinking of picking up Cricket 2022 since it is currently on sale (20%). Do you guys think this is worth a shot or should I continue with Cricket 19?
Continue with c19 bcoz basics hasn’t fixed yet in c22 after 4 months even and fielding is so annoying that u will turn off ur game for sure

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

Go with 22. It still has some niggles but can be enjoyed. Plus with 20% off I'd say its worth the cash

Wahldo

Club Captain
It is inconceivable that the game can be so good (two patches ago) yet the fielding is so broken now that the immersion is completely lost.

A typical over of bowling as a fast bowler ends on atleast 8 runs being given away in the longer formats, the cause: overthrows.

The game takes one step forward and three steps back. With every patch something else gets messed up.

I struggle to understand how Big ant cannot build meaningfully on previous iterations. Why we as the cricketing community need to be satisfied with this product (which costs the same as fifa).

We all have jobs where a level of excellence is expected. If you don't perform, you are impacted negatively. On this forum, and big ant's twitter, negative reviews are called out, sometimes for not being specific enough. Its simple: The basic mechanics of batting/bowling/fielding do not work.

cricboi

Club Captain
I disagree in part. The mechanics of bowling and batting in isolation are really quite excellent. Rarely do I get upset that a ball I hit or bowl isn't doing what I want it to do in the moment. The biggest issue of course is fielding, which can render all of this good will useless. You can bowl an amazing ball but that memory dissolves quickly when your fielder at mid on dives randonmly and tunrs a dot into a brace. You can feel great about timing a front foot defense but if the fielder throws it to boundary on a routine return it breaks immersion.
I know this is a pipe dream, but if the BA team literally just spent the next two years working on fielding and nothing else and then stapled it to this game I think we might have something quite amazing. What's frustrating is that this was basically a lot of my beef with Cricket19 too and having read these forums for a few years now it's wild how so many of our complaints all come down to AI fielding.
I don't know anything about game development, so maybe fielding presents AI challenges bowling/batting does not, but it's like building an amazing car and then putting on the shittiest possible tires. Sure the engine is great and sure it looks good, but it's still a bumpy ride!

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@MattW waiting for ur comments on current fielding batting bowling and AI after latest patch.

What you think about game (at current stage) is good, avg or bad ? Its almost 4 months so first i would like to hear what BA staff think on their game.

By the way i have tons of vdos depicting game is still full of bugs specially in fielding, batting, AI, field placements, bad pad outs, etc. few i have already recorded at support via bugs but no feedback so far.

You changed my tag very quickly but now what about you, hiding somewhere instead face the reality and comment plz.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
@MattW waiting for ur comments on current fielding batting bowling and AI after latest patch.

What you think about game (at current stage) is good, avg or bad ? Its almost 4 months so first i would like to hear what BA staff think on their game.

By the way i have tons of vdos depicting game is still full of bugs specially in fielding, batting, AI, field placements, bad pad outs, etc. few i have already recorded at support via bugs but no feedback so far.

You changed my tag very quickly but now what about you, hiding somewhere instead face the reality and comment plz.
When we play full Test or ODI match completely then we can identify what are the issues in game. Which sadly no tester has been detecting yet.

hk613

School Cricketer
"Random & unique to him"? Seriously?

I'm assuming your cousin's Xbox of record is playing the same Cricket 22 that you're also playing on your device where - "the (note - virtual) ball weight is completely off, you want to feel that weight, but it just "feels" like the weight of a tennis ball to you"?

Ergo, if it's not really "running the game fine" on your device because you can't actually "feel" the weight of a cricket ball through your console & it's all wrong, is it truly running just fine on another console right there within your own family as claimed? (If so, then I'm utterly bewildered & confused lol ;).)

Conversely, does every C22 owner/user experience an issue with how you personally feel the ball weight or is that perhaps more random or unique?

How does one gauge the weight of a virtual item? How many pixels would it take to actually register as weight? (That's like the rhetorical "if a tree falls in a forest" question, don't answer that one ;)!!) What is it you're actually asking for with ball weight? Do you want your controller to madly vibrate or administer a significant electric shock for incoming deliveries above 90 MPH, for example? How does one convey a "heavy virtual ball vs a light virtual ball"? (You just don't make any of this clear. Any cricket fan can immediately understand what's meant by the term "heavy ball". But, how exactly should it be conveyed in C22 given that the controller already vibrates to signify issues with shot timing/feedback? Are you asking for an option to disable the shot timing feedback & instead vibrate for deliveries faster than 90 MPH?)

Is the weight of a virtual ball not a matter of user perception rather than tactile feel anyway? Perception of ball speed, animation timings, the actual sound recordings of "bat on ball" used by the devs conveyed through your individual TV speakers or audio system & how you subjectively hear them? (All assuming there's no A/V or control input lag locally with your hardware of course.)

Otherwise, your cousin has a Series S that apparently works fine so you're perfectly content to state as fact to the Series X owners out there experiencing the exact same issue as @Hester that it's their unique device? (In essence & by implication from such a statement, you're also telling them that they should either mess around factory resetting their device, try/buy a different controller/peripheral, try/buy another display device entirely, start purchasing & swapping out various cables, or even return their Xbox for a repair at their own cost too!! Either way, that takes some stones bud I'll give you that much, no scratch that, "weighty leather ones" ;). What's more, you don't think that's all been tried already by those so affected?

This title has been absolutely RIDDLED with issues since release & patches remain a highly controversial subject, but C22 seriously crashing someone else's device can be so easily dismissed as a random & unique one off?

PLEASE, read back through this thread & you'll soon note multiple owners specifically of the SERIES X complaining of the exact same issue where their game just suddenly hangs, then there's a brief green screen for approximately 1-2 seconds as C22 inevitably crashes the Series X so badly (AGAIN) that it shuts the device down entirely. No other titles or apps they have even crashes their Series Xs' ( except MSFS 2020 but that's another issue entirely & not even MSFS 2020 shuts the device down ;) ), otherwise, it's just C22 & C22 alone that crashes & actually crashes the Series X itself with it too.

(You'll also soon note that there have been ZERO owners of the Series S in this thread complaining of this specific issue too.)

Not sure if you're aware of this or not either.....? However, there are significant differences between the Series S & the Series X, not by any means limited to the fact that the Series S doesn't even natively support 4K as a start & how the Series X implements 4K.

......and ;)....

????

"Random & unique to him"? Seriously?

I'm assuming your cousin's Xbox of record is playing the same Cricket 22 that you're also playing on your device where - "the (note - virtual) ball weight is completely off, you want to feel that weight, but it just "feels" like the weight of a tennis ball to you"?

Ergo, if it's not really "running the game fine" on your device because you can't actually "feel" the weight of a cricket ball through your console & it's all wrong, is it truly running just fine on another console right there within your own family as claimed? (If so, then I'm utterly bewildered & confused lol ;).)

Conversely, does every C22 owner/user experience an issue with how you personally feel the ball weight or is that perhaps more random or unique?

How does one gauge the weight of a virtual item? How many pixels would it take to actually register as weight? (That's like the rhetorical "if a tree falls in a forest" question, don't answer that one ;)!!) What is it you're actually asking for with ball weight? Do you want your controller to madly vibrate or administer a significant electric shock for incoming deliveries above 90 MPH, for example? How does one convey a "heavy virtual ball vs a light virtual ball"? (You just don't make any of this clear. Any cricket fan can immediately understand what's meant by the term "heavy ball". But, how exactly should it be conveyed in C22 given that the controller already vibrates to signify issues with shot timing/feedback? Are you asking for an option to disable the shot timing feedback & instead vibrate for deliveries faster than 90 MPH?)

Is the weight of a virtual ball not a matter of user perception rather than tactile feel anyway? Perception of ball speed, animation timings, the actual sound recordings of "bat on ball" used by the devs conveyed through your individual TV speakers or audio system & how you subjectively hear them? (All assuming there's no A/V or control input lag locally with your hardware of course.)

Otherwise, your cousin has a Series S that apparently works fine so you're perfectly content to state as fact to the Series X owners out there experiencing the exact same issue as @Hester that it's their unique device? (In essence & by implication from such a statement, you're also telling them that they should either mess around factory resetting their device, try/buy a different controller/peripheral, try/buy another display device entirely, start purchasing & swapping out various cables, or even return their Xbox for a repair at their own cost too!! Either way, that takes some stones bud I'll give you that much, no scratch that, "weighty leather ones" ;). What's more, you don't think that's all been tried already by those so affected?

This title has been absolutely RIDDLED with issues since release & patches remain a highly controversial subject, but C22 seriously crashing someone else's device can be so easily dismissed as a random & unique one off?

PLEASE, read back through this thread & you'll soon note multiple owners specifically of the SERIES X complaining of the exact same issue where their game just suddenly hangs, then there's a brief green screen for approximately 1-2 seconds as C22 inevitably crashes the Series X so badly (AGAIN) that it shuts the device down entirely. No other titles or apps they have even crashes their Series Xs' ( except MSFS 2020 but that's another issue entirely & not even MSFS 2020 shuts the device down ;) ), otherwise, it's just C22 & C22 alone that crashes & actually crashes the Series X itself with it too.

(You'll also soon note that there have been ZERO owners of the Series S in this thread complaining of this specific issue too.)

Not sure if you're aware of this or not either.....? However, there are significant differences between the Series S & the Series X, not by any means limited to the fact that the Series S doesn't even natively support 4K as a start & how the Series X implements 4K.

......and ;)....

????
View attachment images.mp4

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Fielding is something they should really focus on. I mean they have gone back a few steps in terms of fielding when compared to what we had a few weeks ago in my opinion. Anyway it is what it is and let's hope that the next patch fixes most of the issues.

I personally believe they should give at least an automated response to the tickets because they are the ones asking the customers to lodge a ticket there. So the customers should be given some sort of respect for taking time and doing that. I lodged a ticket about the broadcast camera issue and they replied back after 11 days. That sort of things can be a bit frustrating considering that they are not a small studio anymore.

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Just to add to the noise of people wanting fielding to be looked at over hauled- it has never been worse.
I have been playing cricket games from Brian Lara cricket times. Have not seen anything like this. Wow! I will stick to Cricket 19 for the foreseeable future..

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just to add to the noise of people wanting fielding to be looked at over hauled- it has never been worse.
Thats still very realistic , i have seen in one t20 inn 3-4 times where fielder keep running and cross the boundary then dives where ball hit his shoulder (during his running) and goes for a 6 …. Cant blv that …

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
That would piss me off slightly less than the old C19 claim a boundary catch and the fielder steps on the rope.

Users who are viewing this thread