Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Yeah. I've been noticing this too. The logos themselves show up when you search for logos specifically, but they don't show up on bats. Been downloading some of @wasteyouryouth's new bats, but the really important parts of the bats are missing.

Me too, but with uniforms in my case.

Some of the logos from @wasteyouryouth 's actual team kits don't show up properly in game either. (His kits are fine of course, the game just doesn't display them all properly.)

One immediate example is his Yorkshire kits, the left arm logos shows OK in game, but the right arm logos, chest logos, & trouser logos just go missing which is odd as every other team seems to be fine.

If I try to apply a random chest logo to the Yorkshire kit locally afterwards, for example, it still may not show up anything in game either.

Haven't noticed it with any other team, but having said that it's the small arm logos or sports logos on the tracksuit trousers that sometimes go missing too which just aren't as obvious unless specifically looking for missing logos themselves. I did notice this happening with the smaller logos going missing in game with a few other teams but completely forgot to note them down specifically at the time.

Also no idea if it's random or repeating but the missing Yorks chest logo is definitely re-creatable.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Me too, but with uniforms in my case.

Some of the logos from @wasteyouryouth 's actual team kits don't show up properly in game either. (His kits are fine of course, the game just doesn't display them all properly.)

One immediate example is his Yorkshire kits, the left arm logos shows OK in game, but the right arm logos, chest logos, & trouser logos just go missing which is odd as every other team seems to be fine.

If I try to apply a random chest logo to the Yorkshire kit locally afterwards, for example, it still may not show up anything in game either.

Haven't noticed it with any other team, but having said that it's the small arm logos or sports logos on the tracksuit trousers that sometimes go missing too which just aren't as obvious unless specifically looking for missing logos themselves. I did notice this happening with the smaller logos going missing in game with a few other teams but completely forgot to note them down specifically at the time.

Also no idea if it's random or repeating but the missing Yorks chest logo is definitely re-creatable.
I've also been dealing with the game crashing, quite frequently might I add, when I search for @wasteyouryouth's work specifically. Someone at BA has it out for him lol.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've also been dealing with the game crashing, quite frequently might I add, when I search for @wasteyouryouth's work specifically. Someone at BA has it out for him lol.
I had a hard crash tonight, using the image overlay function and setting the opacity to 0. Had to turn off my computer, pretty rare for a game to do that these days. Lost a fair bit of work to because of it.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Oh blimey, just re-triggered another older bug with Xbox if you're using multiple controllers.

I started a FC innings using one controller but paused & turned the Xbox off towards the back end of the 1st innings, (soft off). Came back to the match albeit using my second controller (also directly linked to my Xbox profile obviously), finished the match out, at which point the game refused to save the result citing corrupt sign in data & I've had to replay the entire 2nd innings all over again.

(This issue has been seen on the Xbox before only it completely wiped out saved profiles in the past as well for some.). Thankfully my profile is fine this time but having to play entire matches twice over purely because 2 controllers may be in active use that are both directly linked to my Xbox profile & both have the relevant Xbox sign in permissions anyway is somewhat ridiculous. (I could completely understand there being an issue if I suddenly used a completely unknown controller mid-match but both are linked with full preset sign in credentials.))

Yet again, I've NEVER had an issue using 2 separate controllers with ANY other title before, let alone the use of 2 controllers causing a corrupt sign in or the need to replay a whole or partial match all over again, just with C22.

Be very careful if you happen to be using more than one controller with C22 on Xbox peeps ;)!!! It was just a lost match this time but that corrupt sign in issue has completely wiped out profiles in the past.

I had a hard crash tonight, using the image overlay function and setting the opacity to 0. Had to turn off my computer, pretty rare for a game to do that these days. Lost a fair bit of work to because of it.

Damn, that definitely sucks :(!! Hope it's at least work that you can easily remember from a set plan to quickly start over rather than something you were creating more on the fly?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh blimey, just re-triggered another older bug with Xbox if you're using multiple controllers.

I started a FC innings using one controller but paused & turned the Xbox off towards the back end of the 1st innings, (soft off). Came back to the match albeit using my second controller (also directly linked to my Xbox profile obviously), finished the match out, at which point the game refused to save the result citing corrupt sign in data & I've had to replay the entire 2nd innings all over again.

(This issue has been seen on the Xbox before only it completely wiped out saved profiles in the past as well for some.). Thankfully my profile is fine this time but having to play entire matches twice over purely because 2 controllers may be in active use that are both directly linked to my Xbox profile & both have the relevant Xbox sign in permissions anyway is somewhat ridiculous. (I could completely understand there being an issue if I suddenly used a completely unknown controller mid-match but both are linked with full preset sign in credentials.))

Yet again, I've NEVER had an issue using 2 separate controllers with ANY other title before, let alone the use of 2 controllers causing a corrupt sign in or the need to replay a whole or partial match all over again, just with C22.

Be very careful if you happen to be using more than one controller with C22 on Xbox peeps ;)!!! It was just a lost match this time but that corrupt sign in issue has completely wiped out profiles in the past.

Damn, that definitely sucks :(!! Hope it's at least work that you can easily remember from a set plan to quickly start over rather than something you were creating more on the fly?
Nah, my photoshop files were lost too (C22 stuff and actual work stuff.) I was not a happy camper about two hours ago lol.

Leonards19

School Cricketer
Is anyone else having issues playing legside shots? Nearly every shot for me is being met with a wild hacked drive down the ground instead of the intended shot I've selected, little clip for a single gets met with a massive drive, pull a short ball off a left arm seamer again gets met with a massive attempted drive and not the pull shot. Anything down the ground or through the covers is creamed but nothing leg side although I can get on my knees and smack a six over the stand but a shot I'm not even trying to play.

Lohit88

Club Cricketer
Hi there, question - sorry if its a repeat. I downloaded two new IPL teams from the academy but it won't go under Indian t20 league section. It goes under custom. Any idea how to change it?
Originally IPL had 8 teams but in 2022 2 more got added. Anybody help?

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hi there, question - sorry if its a repeat. I downloaded two new IPL teams from the academy but it won't go under Indian t20 league section. It goes under custom. Any idea how to change it?
Originally IPL had 8 teams but in 2022 2 more got added. Anybody help?
It will go in custom because BA did not officially implement the new teams in the Indian Challenge Cup section, so unless they do that in a future patch, you have to create a custom list and add the teams yourself.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In real matches outside, anything like invisible wall that prevents the batter from moving in crease? Batter shouldn't have any barriers, right
yes u r right, but in game if that feature is allowable then u can easily hit 100% shots on legside due to pathetic AI bowling. In real world if u stand 3 ft away from off-stump on every ball, intelligent bowler will bowl you on leg stump Yorker or might be cutter ending on leg stump but in c22 ... hahaha

same u compare with c19, as u force to play off side shots as well. So thats greatness of c22 next gen AI who bowls all deliveries in ur range even if u r 3 ft away form off-stump. Whats the point of batting when u knwo u can play all shots on leg side 100:0 or 95:5.

better we don't compare c22 with real cricket playing outside, neither it has football skills, front diving, fielder get active when ball passes him, all of sudden slo-mo sweep shot, on pressing correct keys fielder forget to attempt a catch even, throws landing 5-7 ft away from stumps, al 10 AI batsmen got out via bat pad etc etc

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
what will be in this week patch? I think BAS has given up on this game a bit , it can't get the basics right after 4 months of release? surely there priorities lies in dead multiplayer and cosmetic stuffs. where are the improvements to fielding and career mode?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
what will be in this week patch? I think BAS has given up on this game a bit , it can't get the basics right after 4 months of release? surely there priorities lies in dead multiplayer and cosmetic stuffs. where are the improvements to fielding and career mode?

Plz don't say like this , else matt will reply with an essay as different teams are working on different stuff bla bla bla ..... and he forgets to mention that no team working on fixing AI or basics ;P

noys390

Club Cricketer
yes u r right, but in game if that feature is allowable then u can easily hit 100% shots on legside due to pathetic AI bowling. In real world if u stand 3 ft away from off-stump on every ball, intelligent bowler will bowl you on leg stump Yorker or might be cutter ending on leg stump but in c22 ... hahaha

same u compare with c19, as u force to play off side shots as well. So thats greatness of c22 next gen AI who bowls all deliveries in ur range even if u r 3 ft away form off-stump. Whats the point of batting when u knwo u can play all shots on leg side 100:0 or 95:5.
The offside and legside batting is unbalanced in this game. With batsman in normal stance, while it is very difficult to time a ball through legside when the delivery is an inch outside off-stump, whereas you can very easily cream a ball through cover-point region when a delivery in bowled on leg-stump or outside. You can hit a leg-stump yorker for six through point. Due to this unbalanced batting on multiplayer everybody is taking stance way outside off-stump. Hope Bigant fixes this unbalance, if you are not allowed to hit 'out of off' balls through leg then by same logic balls on leg should not be allowed to play through off so easily.

Users who are viewing this thread