Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
New bug in the latest patch... Whenever I use Power Surge in the big bash, camera angle change in to focusing umpire, and it won't change its angle until 1st ball of power surge over...

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After Latest Patch Fielding have Improved , Now Bowler not too much go to midwicket to take ball not seen now , not much funny fielding. But still some improvements require.

1 - not seeing direct throw on stump
2 - bowler or wicketkeeper delay hit to wickets
3 - some lazy fielding in outside filed just as slow mode type fielders running.

Spinners are Still Overpowered.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
I don't know why they haven't fix the slow mo late shot while batting , its really immersion breaker , cricket 19 didn't had that , The explanation that you are going to miss the ball any way is absurd as it gets.

And no career modes improvement to been seen by me yet.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I don't know why they haven't fix the slow mo late shot while batting , its really immersion breaker , cricket 19 didn't had that , The explanation that you are going to miss the ball any way is absurd as it gets.

And no career modes improvement to been seen by me yet.
There has been some improvements to career mode last few patches. Perks and skills etc now work and you can finally see previous scorecards from games including AI games on the calendar
Post automatically merged:

New bug in the latest patch... Whenever I use Power Surge in the big bash, camera angle change in to focusing umpire, and it won't change its angle until 1st ball of power surge over...
I raised a ticket last night for this

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I must say after telling the missus and kids all yesterday your dads going to bowl like Shane warne tonight I was pretty devastated when the 23 bowling action didn’t work right. Hopefully hot fix out asap

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I must say after telling the missus and kids all yesterday your dads going to bowl like Shane warne tonight I was pretty devastated when the 23 bowling action didn’t work right. Hopefully hot fix out asap
Not sure what you're talking about here? What problem are you having with that bowling action? A video might help.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
There has been some improvements to career mode last few patches. Perks and skills etc now work and you can finally see previous scorecards from games including AI games on the calendar
Post automatically merged:

I raised a ticket last night for this
I mean with respect to AI players development and team selection logic and world view tab.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Not sure what you're talking about here? What problem are you having with that bowling action? A video might help.
Hi Matt maybe my mistake I’ve just seen another few videos on YouTube of the 23 action and it may be like this on purpose basically the run up and timing hud goes super slow but that may be on purpose if you can confirm ? maybe I’m just used to the fast bowling hud timing and now I feel pretty stupid

Last edited:

adibr97

Club Cricketer
Really enjoying the improvements with the new patch.

Side note - I'm not sure how much traction this gets here, but I'm hoping somewhere (high) on BA's list of things to implement is to fix the New Zealand faces. I guarantee these would have already been playfaced to perfection if they weren't licensed. Gameplay aside, a huge part of the immersion (and overall enjoyment) for me is seeing realistic faces out there... and to this day, I still haven't played a game with New Zealand due to this fact (some of them just look downright scary).

Not sure if I'm alone on this, but oh well.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I don't like the other simulated matches in tournament or in career mode... It is so unrealistic... It will be better, if we a slider for that too, we can fine tune the simulation part and create well looking tournament, league and career...

Hester

County Cricketer
Downloaded update. Went into game. Searched academy. Game crashed and xbox (series x) turned itself off.

Bigant should put a warning label on this game for xbox series x users.

Hester

County Cricketer
Matt, can you please explain why xbox series x users are suffering constant game crashes resulting in their consoles being turned off? I've raised 2 tickets and there's been no response. Others have raised it too but we've heard nothing from bigant to say it's being looked at. This is a critical issue surely??

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not sure if this is a new thing since the latest patch but when batting the pitch marker is moving at the very last min on some bowls. It's like the AI is using after touch, to be honest it's brilliant and makes batting so much harder. Be lining up a shot and having to suddenly change at the last min is a real good challenge. This is on career mode and batting Hard.

alexczarn

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not sure if this is a new thing since the latest patch but when batting the pitch marker is moving at the very last min on some bowls. It's like the AI is using after touch, to be honest it's brilliant and makes batting so much harder. Be lining up a shot and having to suddenly change at the last min is a real good challenge. This is on career mode and batting Hard.
can confirm is new

same thing happens when you bowl due to aftertouch

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Really enjoying the improvements with the new patch.

Side note - I'm not sure how much traction this gets here, but I'm hoping somewhere (high) on BA's list of things to implement is to fix the New Zealand faces. I guarantee these would have already been playfaced to perfection if they weren't licensed. Gameplay aside, a huge part of the immersion (and overall enjoyment) for me is seeing realistic faces out there... and to this day, I still haven't played a game with New Zealand due to this fact (some of them just look downright scary).

Not sure if I'm alone on this, but oh well.

You're not alone on this. Despite the many good efforts of Big Ant on multiple fronts in Cricket '22, the likenesses of New Zealand and Ireland are so poor that it's disrespectful to the license and surely an embarrassment to the segment of the art team responsible.

The fact that there's been no real contact to the user base about when this will change or indeed if it ever will is particularly rotten.

They could have taken submitted likenesses from playfaces created by users in the interim, but instead we've heard silence for the most part.

Given how ridiculous the likenesses are currently and the general expectations of any purchaser who sees the box in a shop, it's the closest to misrepresentation I've seen Big Ant tread. :)

Users who are viewing this thread