Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Played one session of a test match last night,massive improvement in my opinion.Still for the life of me can't work out how to nerf spinners though,even after reducing flight,spin and revs the spinner still took all the wickets in the session :eek:

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Played one session of a test match last night,massive improvement in my opinion.Still for the life of me can't work out how to nerf spinners though,even after reducing flight,spin and revs the spinner still took all the wickets in the session :eek:
I'm assuming you have also reduced drift and that you have reduced in both sliders and individual abilities.
I'm assuming you reduced drift and you also reduced them all both on the sliders and individual perks and abilities.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
That's the thing I'm afraid we all know a bucket list of issues and we've been used to all these 'bugs' for quite a while now that we are now seeing past them as if that's the 'norm'.

What else can people do? They raise lots of tickets in the hugely advertised 'support site', post it in bug report thread and they even go to Twitter to Ross who blocks them and calls out 'dick' reviews..

Remember all these people aren't demanding 'fix game' and moving on, they are the ones who go out of their way typing stuff ,record footage, testing for a game that they've bought with a fair sum of money.

All because of the love they have for the sport and empathy towards the solitary developer who puts out these games.

So, instead of calling certain people with some 'lil' names, if we all can be humane to each other it'd be really appreciated..

Issue is.. you can play a decent game of cricket. Even more so if you have a little tinker.

Is there a few bull shit moments? Yes.. bugs.. yes..

But at the same time it’s a bloody game and when the fielder dives over the ball I say oh that’s shit then forget about it.

I have bought plenty of games that have failed to live up to expectation and ended up shelved.

What I don’t get here is people can’t let go. It’s like their whole life revolves around a video game.

If you think it’s shit trade it in/ refund.. play something else.

But as I said originally. You can still play a good game of cricket.
Post automatically merged:

Increase pitch friction.. lower ball friction. Start with that.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Issue is.. you can play a decent game of cricket. Even more so if you have a little tinker.

Is there a few bull shit moments? Yes.. bugs.. yes..

But at the same time it’s a bloody game and when the fielder dives over the ball I say oh that’s shit then forget about it.

I have bought plenty of games that have failed to live up to expectation and ended up shelved.

What I don’t get here is people can’t let go. It’s like their whole life revolves around a video game.

If you think it’s shit trade it in/ refund.. play something else.

But as I said originally. You can still play a good game of cricket.

I didn't say its unplayable by any means, its just that there are quite a handful of times the natural flow of the game is disrupted by stuff like that irritating delayed batsman tapping animation.

I'm just saying we have come this far from where we were at day 1, if we can all just make sure that we iron out the remaining ones, we'll have the best version of the series in our hands..

And for that only, I'm saying constructive criticism is required which could get repetitive at times, but that will let the dev's know that what all remains to be done, so they can work appropriately.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I didn't say its unplayable by any means, its just that there are quite a handful of times the natural flow of the game is disrupted by stuff like that irritating delayed batsman tapping animation.

I'm just saying we have come this far from where we were at day 1, if we can all just make sure that we iron out the remaining ones, we'll have the best version of the series in our hands..

And for that only, I'm saying constructive criticism is required which could get repetitive at times, but that will let the dev's know that what all remains to be done, so they can work appropriately.

Key word “constructive” and most of it isn’t.

We also don’t know what’s possible and what’s not. They simply may not be able to fix certain stuff. As I have said before they certainly work the hours and listen so it may just not be possible with what they have.

Some of the tickets I see arnt even bugs they are more requests to personal preference.

The people I truly feel sorry for are the ones on Xbox who can’t play the game without crashing.
That would be classified as “broken”

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Matt, can you please explain why xbox series x users are suffering constant game crashes resulting in their consoles being turned off? I've raised 2 tickets and there's been no response. Others have raised it too but we've heard nothing from bigant to say it's being looked at. This is a critical issue surely??
I managed to get a very amateur video of it crashing. Big Ant did acknowledge they will look into it.

It has got less but today it had a soft crash just back to the Xbox dashboard which isn’t a problem.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
I would just like to say I'm having an enjoyable experience playing with the latest patch and if they can build on this without breaking anything in the process I can see this being a great game.I cannot speak for career mode as I never play this.I agree that some of the player likenesses,kits and the lack of NZ stadiums is disappointing and would like to see improvement.Stadium creator could be majorly improved and making sure the things in the menus all work(ie weather show forecast).It would be nice to have more options when setting up a game like weather,ball and stumps etc.Also it would be great to see the MCG showing the Shane Warne Stand in his memory.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
After this pitch many things have been corrected. Really good experience playing the game.
Yes the AI should still be tuned and the leg side bowling issue of a left hander bowling to the right hander is still there but the game is overall pretty good.
But one issue that's really bugging me is spin bowling. It's too OP still. My spinners are getting all wickets no matter what the pitch is and where I'm playing.
This to be honest is stopping me from bowling at all. Because it's just sort of game breaking.
I have tried almost everything. Nothing works. Reduced bowlers skills, reduced flight and drift, increased spin difficulty, taken the close fielders out. But still.
@Matt please look into this.

Hester

County Cricketer
Key word “constructive” and most of it isn’t.

We also don’t know what’s possible and what’s not. They simply may not be able to fix certain stuff. As I have said before they certainly work the hours and listen so it may just not be possible with what they have.

Some of the tickets I see arnt even bugs they are more requests to personal preference.

The people I truly feel sorry for are the ones on Xbox who can’t play the game without crashing.
That would be classified as “broken”
Re the Xbox series x crashing console issues, posts about it are ignored, tickets are ignored, bug reports are ignored. We're just meant to go away quietly. It's an effing disgrace.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Re the Xbox series x crashing console issues, posts about it are ignored, tickets are ignored, bug reports are ignored. We're just meant to go away quietly. It's an effing disgrace.

Can categorically tell you they arnt ignored. People might just not get a personal response to each.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
I just want to voice again, as people still are asking for this, I don't think spinners are OP and need to be nerfed. I actually think spin (though pretty good as a playing experience) needs enhancing (more turn, drift and bounce in the right conditions...at the moment it feels like conditions are not really a factor). Nerfing spin bowling by reducing turn, drift and bounce will make the experience really dull...you're just bowling slowly at some point. What is needed is better AI batting against spin...not for every batter...but for those who are good against spin and when the conditions are appropriate. Lower order batters and those with a weakness to spin may still struggle (though should sometimes triumph).

imported_beatle

Club Captain
I'm so glad I purchased the game on PS5 instead of Xbox x/s.This is really concerning that when it crashes it turns the system off.Surely this can be rectified.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I just want to voice again, as people still are asking for this, I don't think spinners are OP and need to be nerfed. I actually think spin (though pretty good as a playing experience) needs enhancing (more turn, drift and bounce in the right conditions...at the moment it feels like conditions are not really a factor). Nerfing spin bowling by reducing turn, drift and bounce will make the experience really dull...you're just bowling slowly at some point. What is needed is better AI batting against spin...not for every batter...but for those who are good against spin and when the conditions are appropriate. Lower order batters and those with a weakness to spin may still struggle (though should sometimes triumph).

Would be fine if the batsmen didn't have feet

Users who are viewing this thread