Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just noticed AI started bowling round the wicket when there is a LHB. I only played one game but that's what I noticed. It's not an ideal fix of the line issue to left handers from over the wicket but definitely a lot better. Batting with lhb when the bowler was over the wicket was too easy as I could hit almost everything for runs on the leg side. Thankfully it's not so easy now.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I’m just going to add to the clouds debate here, 4:30pm Kensington Oval and beautiful sunshine Oddly we have the lights on too. Now I have seen clouds, definitely in the first test. However something can’t be right is the game believe it’s a cloudy day with the lights on?59D35A25-2EB2-4EBB-8493-E0DF8472893E.png

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Just going to add two more, this is now 5pm and you can see there are shadows consistent either the flood lights. If the sun was out then the score board would be casting it’s shadow but there’s nothing.EDB1047F-4E61-45A4-AEB9-96FD8B92C1D6.png67C6E2C9-7A79-4057-9166-29F5CC55489E.png

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m just going to add to the clouds debate here, 4:30pm Kensington Oval and beautiful sunshine Oddly we have the lights on too. Now I have seen clouds, definitely in the first test. However something can’t be right is the game believe it’s a cloudy day with the lights on?View attachment 266304
The lights do switch on way too early, as well as being on at 10am if you playing in England. I do see an improvement in clouds (when it is a cloudy day), ie partly cloudy to overcast - think I even saw rain, but would still like to see light clouds on a fine day

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The lights do switch on way too early, as well as being on at 10am if you playing in England. I do see an improvement in clouds (when it is a cloudy day), ie partly cloudy to overcast - think I even saw rain, but would still like to see light clouds on a fine day
Yeah and I’ve seen light clouds. What shouldn’t happen here though is the shadow from the sun disappear. The pitch became lit up like it was a night match

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Just going to add two more, this is now 5pm and you can see there are shadows consistent either the flood lights. If the sun was out then the score board would be casting it’s shadow but there’s nothing.View attachment 266307View attachment 266308
Just to carry on the conversation, because we really can't talk about clouds enough.

This was the last match I played at Kensington Oval:

Kensington Oval 4, Bridgetown, Barbados.jpg

Pavilion - Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados.jpg

On day 4, the sun came out, and the clouds went away:

1650356827576.png

Can't say I noticed anything untoward about the shadows in truth. In fact, here's both the scoreboard and floodlight casting a shadow on the sunny day 4:

1650356967535.png

I'd also say the shadows are far darker/more pronounced on the sunny images than the ones with some cloud cover, as it should be.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just to carry on the conversation, because we really can't talk about clouds enough.

This was the last match I played at Kensington Oval:

View attachment 266309

View attachment 266310

On day 4, the sun came out, and the clouds went away:

View attachment 266311

Can't say I noticed anything untoward about the shadows in truth. In fact, here's both the scoreboard and floodlight casting a shadow on the sunny day 4:

View attachment 266312

I'd also say the shadows are far darker/more pronounced on the sunny images than the ones with some cloud cover, as it should be.
Did I hear talk about cloud appreciation?

cricket22_2022_03_19_23_02_30_884.png cricket22_2022_03_19_23_06_19_392.png cricket22_2022_03_19_23_44_29_410.png cricket22_2022_03_19_23_53_47_903.png cricket22_2022_03_20_01_00_47_417.png

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Anyone else getting a ridiculous number of edges flying off to the boundary had 4 consecutive last night when bowling and a load when batting aswell. Maybe just me overthinking but never noticed before

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I want to see ring catches back in tests. Anyone got them and can post a vid? Else it's pretty much perfect.

Hester

County Cricketer
I want to see ring catches back in tests. Anyone got them and can post a vid? Else it's pretty much perfect.
I've seen them but don't have a vid. I only play tests and have seen maybe 1 per innings, both for me and the AI. This is on xbox though, so not with the most recent patch.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've seen them but don't have a vid. I only play tests and have seen maybe 1 per innings, both for me and the AI. This is on xbox though, so not with the most recent patch.

1 was perfect. Can't see any with most recent patch. There are outfield catches. Wealey has said he has seen some.

Users who are viewing this thread