Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Small Q. How do console people share clips/videos here, of c22? Any easy way to do it from within console or Xbox app etc.?

I have a couple of "Out Or Not?" LBW clips lying around, really wanted to share them
I take the picture or video capture and save to the Xbox app. Then download to my iPad and just upload to the forum. If the video is too large or I need multiple elements I edit in iMovies and then upload to YouTube.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Ha probably! I don't play career though, so wanted something that has a bit of purpose and stat tracking to it.
I’ve just deleted my career mode after 13 years to try something new I might follow your lead. It got boring and chaotic with all the fixture clashes missing BBL and IPL finals to play for England against Ireland in a ODI series and test matches (would be nice to choose what you play in). Hopefully that can be ironed out as it’s very frustrating

Hester

County Cricketer
Is it one game at a time or full 3-5 match series??
Well, I've just started my first game (v IND @ Newlands) and I can see that the AI have been playing 3 match series against each other. So, it's going to be a slog!

Edit: I also saw on the main screen that my next fixture is also against IND, so yeah, looks like 3 match series.

Hester

County Cricketer
I am playing a Test championship with 10 teams in it. Edit: There are actually 9 teams in it, not 10

I will be playing as SA.

It will take me 2 years.

That is all.
Well in true Bigant fashion, I've just realised that even this simple thing can't be done.
I started a new championship just to check something and I realised that 'Round 1' has already auto-completed, for some bizarre reason. I guess because of the real-time date?
A bunch of teams got BYEs, so didn't even play.
The only team I will play is India.
India played England 5 times in Round 1.

What on earth is going on?

Hester

County Cricketer
Well in true Bigant fashion, I've just realised that even this simple thing can't be done.
I started a new championship just to check something and I realised that 'Round 1' has already auto-completed, for some bizarre reason. I guess because of the real-time date?

So, I created my own test competition and started over.
However, I can't get the fixtures to be 3 match series - they're just one-off games.
England played at home in January...
All the fixtures are played in Jan and Feb
I'm losing my mind

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
I am playing a Test championship with 10 teams in it. Edit: There are actually 9 teams in it, not 10

I will be playing as SA.

It will take me 2 years.

That is all.
To play each match or the whole competition?

For interest which bonus point system are you using.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England

Do the fixtures not balance out in the end otherwise, it should be a straight home and away round robin if set up that way. Was this created with the competition creation tools?

Hester

County Cricketer
Do the fixtures not balance out in the end otherwise, it should be a straight home and away round robin if set up that way. Was this created with the competition creation tools?
Well, I started with the default competition that's already set up. I didn't look through all the fixtures but the 1st round of fixtures had already been simulated, including my own team's!

So, I then created my own by using the creator, but now every fixture takes place in Jan and Feb. I set it to 2 pts for a win and 1 for a draw. And I didn't make it round robin.

Edit: I've now gone back to the default competition and this time it didn't simulate my fixture and only 1 team (rather than 5) had Byes. I'm torn between doing this - which seems to follow the real life fixtures but has actual series - or setting up my own, where everyone plays everyone but it's condensed into 2 months and it's only 1 match per series.

Last edited:

cricboi

Club Captain
As annoying as the game can be sometimes there are also moments that are fully amazing and today I had two of them. One of them was an edge that actually popped up (instead of just rocketing) to a slip fielder who casually caught it. The other was a ball that was edged, bounced in front of the stumps and then backspinned towards the stumps to knock over the bails. It was the type of fluke wicket you see sometimes in franchise cricket but seeing it in for the first time in the game was excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread